Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2017, 17:46   #1
OSH
BHPian

Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)

Who doesn't want their cars looking clean everyday ? But it's just not possible these days with our household cleaners using 1 bucket of water for nearly 3 cars, you have no choice but to go outside and get it cleaned when the need arises. Few years back, I found one such place where you can take the car and have it shampoo + pressure washed for 100 bucks, yes 100 !

Services offered:
  • Shampoo Wash/Cleaning of all vehicles.
  • Interior Car Seats Cleaning.
What you will like:
  • The most VFM washing/cleaning services I have come across in Mumbai, at this price there is frankly nobody who can match them.
  • They give you results better than your authorised service center and just a little shy of shops like 3M.
  • The owner himself keeps an eye on his boys while they work on our vehicles, he won't hesitate to redo stuff that was not properly done.
  • Even though they have a lot of vehicles to work on, they never rush. The attention to detail is commendable (check the results) for the price you pay.
  • Open on all days, you can get your vehicles from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. It is better you call him up before heading there, he will also guide you with the directions just in case you can't find the place.
What you won't like:
  • Vehicles get worked upon the road-side, but it's a back-road with very little traffic.
  • No microfibre towels or anything like that, you can carry your own microfibre towel if you want them to use it on your car.
  • The brand of shampoo they use is unknown, however there has been no adverse effects on the paint, have been going to them since nearly 2 years, with my cars as well as my friend's cars.
Pricing:
  • Bikes/Scooters
    Shampoo pressure wash - 60
    Shampoo + Diesel pressure wash - 120
  • Cars
    Shampoo pressure wash - 100
    Shampoo pressure wash with mats/door-jams - 150
    Shampoo pressure wash + Interiors(seats) - 200
    Shampoo + Diesel pressure wash + Interiors(seats) - 300
  • Tempo/Vans
    Shampoo pressure wash - 300
  • Bus
    Shampoo pressure wash - 500
Speciality/USP: It has to be the results they deliver at this price range, you really cannot ask for anything more.

Contact Information:
Owner - Mr. Shivraj Suware
Mobile - 9967953196
Address - Just outside Nandivan Ashram, G.D. Ambedkar Marg, Parel, Mumbai 400033.
Landmarks - 2 minutes away from Wadia Baug/Mint Colony Monorail Station.
Contact him if you cannot find the place

I get my cars washed here since the last 2 years, the reason for putting it up here after so long is that I wanted to be sure that the shampoo they use does not have a negative impact on the paint. I have a habit of taking my cars to him whenever I have to attend a function, I have come back from a highway/outstation trip or just want to pamper my car a little. Today being a Sunday, had some time to spare so went ahead and got the car shampoo washed, here is a pictorial step-by-step process they follow:

Step 1 ~ Engine bay cleaning.
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-1.jpg

Step 2 ~ Pressure wash with plain water to remove the dirt and dust before the shampoo goes on.
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-2.jpg

Step 3 ~ Car gets covered in shampoo-foam mix by hand, any bird droppings/tree sap is removed at this stage, the shampoo aids in it's removal without leaving marks on the paint.
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-3.jpg
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-4.jpg

Step 4 ~ Tyres are scrubed using a brush to remove the mud stains.
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-5.jpg

Step 5 ~ Rinse down using the pressure washer to take off the soap.
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-6.jpg
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-7.jpg

Step 6 ~ Wheel wells and underbody(sorry, no pics) get a nice kick of water.
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-8.jpg

Step 7 ~ Door sills/jams also get sprayed with water.
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-9.jpg

Step 8 ~ Car is moved to a shaded area to start wiping it, they use the orange colour type cloth we gets at traffic signals, you can take your microfibre towel(I forgot mine this time). Car is only 95% dry at this stage, you better wait for 5 minutes before you leave or else it will pickup dirt from the streets while driving.
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-10.jpg
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-11.jpg

Step 9 ~ Remember your door sills getting washed ? They dry it now along with the door frames.
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-12.jpg
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-13.jpg

This is where it ends for others, your car is done.

Step 10 ~ Special customers get something extra, a final wipe with a microfibre cloth to remove water marks/streaks and your tires get a dressing.
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-14.jpg
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-15.jpg

JOB DONE, HERE ARE THE RESULTS.
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-17.jpg
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-16.jpg
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-18.jpg
Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)-19.jpg

***Do mention that you are a Team-BHPian***
OSH is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 10:55   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pressure Wash : Shivraj Car & Bike Wash (Parel, Mumbai)

Dude, that's one hell of a well-maintained car. Your City looks fabulous.

Thanks for sharing this report! Particularly interested me as I prefer getting my cars washed after highway drives (muck, dirt, bugs etc.) & Parel is just a little ahead of the turn I'd take to come home. Will be worth a pitstop. For 200 bucks with the interior, the value is unbeatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Even though they have a lot of vehicles to work on, they never rush. The attention to detail is commendable (check the results) for the price you pay.

Quote:
Open on all days, you can get your vehicles from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Very convenient. Pretty much the entire day then.

Quote:
he will also guide you with the directions just in case you can't find the place.
Sharing Google Maps link for BHPians.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 11:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

Looks good at the price that you've mentioned.

It would have been perfect had they had a ramp for underbody wash.
Old 10th April 2017, 11:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

Wow - thanks for this. Incredibly useful, specially since they're not too far from where I am based.

Based on your experience would you suggest they're good enough to give a BMW as well? My sense is that I would perhaps let them clean engine bay and exterior but NOT the interior in terms of seats etc but happy to hear your thoughts on this.
Old 10th April 2017, 13:35   #5
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Dude, that's one hell of a well-maintained car. Your City looks fabulous.

Thanks for sharing this report! Particularly interested me as I prefer getting my cars washed after highway drives (muck, dirt, bugs etc.). For 200 bucks with the interior, the value is unbeatable.
Thank you sir for the appreciation.

Yes, the pricing is just fabulous for the exterior + interior, however I would advise using the interior seat cleaning only if you have vinyl seat-covers or the likes, I am a little scared giving them leather seats. In the past they have cleaned my 2nd gen City's seats really well which had vinyl seat-covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
It would have been perfect had they had a ramp for underbody wash.
They do give the underbody a nice spray of water by bending down, but yes, a ramp wash would be better anyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Based on your experience would you suggest they're good enough to give a BMW as well? My sense is that I would perhaps let them clean engine bay and exterior but NOT the interior in terms of seats etc but happy to hear your thoughts on this.
I would skip the engine-bay and interiors in your case, there are a lot of things that can go wrong in a BMW's engine-bay incase water gets somewhere it's not supposed to and I assume it has leather with memory seats and all, so skip these two. You can go for the 150 rupees wash, shampoo pressure wash + mats/door-jams.

Give it a shot, but give the cleaner strict instructions he has to follow. Here are some of the things I tell him :
- Use a light hand while applying the shampoo mix.
- Not to use his nails for removing bird-dropings.
- Use my own microfibre cloth for the entire wash.
- Scrub only the tyres with his brush, leave the alloys alone.
- At no point of time, would you rub a dry cloth on the paint (during the drying process), the cloth should be a little damp always.

Be around your car the entire time, keep an eye on him throughout, I actually follow him even when he goes from one side to another. Also your car being a BMW, ask him to get the best boy to work on it.

Last edited by OSH : 10th April 2017 at 13:37.
OSH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 23:28   #6
BHPian

Came across this thread. Hope this still exists. I will drive down 15 kms from western suburbs for my Jeep.
I like to put a layer of wax every month after the wash. Will there be space to do so? Will he be able to do it if i give him my Formula1 can?

What is the current rate?
Old 8th December 2021, 02:53   #7
BHPian

It would definitely be a boon to visit this chap. Mahim doesn't have any decent places these days. My cars, Altis & Compass go all the way to Malad sometimes for monthly pressure wash/detailing, etc. With the XUV 700 delivery expected in the next couple of weeks, I'd be more than happy to drive down 15 mins to Parel and give my 3 babies a nice wash at this place.
Old 8th December 2021, 07:37   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Came across this thread. Hope this still exists. I will drive down 15 kms from western suburbs for my Jeep.
I like to put a layer of wax every month after the wash. Will there be space to do so? Will he be able to do it if i give him my Formula1 can?

What is the current rate?
They’re still very much around. In fact, that whole area has become “Car Wash Central” with umpteen such washing bays having sprouted during lockdown.

I just get an external wash and shampoo periodically (don’t open the car for him AT ALL) and that costs 100/- plus a small tip for the washing boy for taking special care / following instructions. They’re nice to me since I regularly take my Tiger as well quite regularly. I’m actually even more particular on how they wash my bike than how they wash my car. Specially to soften the water jet pressure.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 11:03   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Shampoo + Diesel pressure wash + Interiors(seats) - 300
How safe is using these Diesel wash at such road side car cleaners? I have been watching a plethora of such joints especially at Sewri, Parel & Wadala.

I took my car to wash at such a joint and asked them to clean it with the MF cloth I got along. Also, I gave them my own Car Shampoo and they did not make any fuss about it. Not to offend anyone, but I wasnt comfortable to let them get inside the car and clean.
Rightly said, the value for money if done under your own supervision is hard to beat.
Old 8th December 2021, 19:31   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I just get an external wash and shampoo periodically (don’t open the car for him AT ALL) and that costs 100/- plus a small tip for the washing boy for taking special care / following instructions.
That's a steal deal! Even my local petrol station here in Mahim charges 400/- for a regular wash and they do a half-hearted job. Hence, I've had to send my cars all the way to Malad sometimes to my regular guy. Would definitely want to visit Shivraj. Can you share a landmark please and how to reach, I'll be driving down from Mahim (Hinduja Hosp). Thanks a bunch.
Old 8th December 2021, 20:27   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sharing Google Maps link for BHPians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Can you share a landmark please and how to reach, I'll be driving down from Mahim (Hinduja Hosp). Thanks a bunch.
Hi Nikhil. Link in GTO’s post above.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 21:10   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
How safe is using these Diesel wash at such road side car cleaners? I have been watching a plethora of such joints especially at Sewri, Parel & Wadala.
Diesel is a strong solvent, not safe or recommended for use on car paint. It will also strip the paint of any waxes/sealants you have applied leaving it without protection and exposed to the elements.

Use a pH neutral car shampoo for regular washes and ideally soft/filtered water.
Old 8th December 2021, 21:37   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Diesel is a strong solvent, not safe or recommended for use on car paint. It will also strip the paint of any waxes/sealants you have applied leaving it without protection and exposed to the elements.

Use a pH neutral car shampoo for regular washes and ideally soft/filtered water.
The problem with such washing centers or rather 'most' is the quality of water. Being in Mumbai, we cannot completely blame anyone however especially with roadside washing centers we cant expect.

Looking at the prices of detailing shops these days and the shelf life of the work done by them, I feel it is wise to pay people like Shivraj little more and get the desired work done under your supervision with your own products.
P.S: Surely the car need to be professionally detailed but the frequency can be reduced if we act smart by utilizing cheaper washing services.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 21:49   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
The problem with such washing centers or rather 'most' is the quality of water. Being in Mumbai, we cannot completely blame anyone however especially with roadside washing centers we cant expect.

Looking at the prices of detailing shops these days and the shelf life of the work done by them, I feel it is wise to pay people like Shivraj little more and get the desired work done under your supervision with your own products.
P.S: Surely the car need to be professionally detailed but the frequency can be reduced if we act smart by utilizing cheaper washing services.
Yes ideally what you want to do is get a professional detail/DIY a quality ceramic coating and for maintenance get a touchless wash from such places every few days to keep the dust off, let them use their pressure washer and then follow through with a big air blower (can be an electric leaf blower or air compressor), drying thoroughly will eliminate the possibility of hard water spots. Don’t let them touch the paint and you’ll be swirl free for many years to come.

Last edited by AJ56 : 8th December 2021 at 21:51.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 00:49   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
That's a steal deal! Even my local petrol station here in Mahim charges 400/- for a regular wash and they do a half-hearted job. Hence, I've had to send my cars all the way to Malad sometimes to my regular guy. Would definitely want to visit Shivraj. Can you share a landmark please and how to reach, I'll be driving down from Mahim (Hinduja Hosp). Thanks a bunch.
What's this guy in Malad? Can you share details?

I am going to try Xpert Car care in Borivali as few people in Teambhp have recommended.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks