Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2017, 19:20   #1
BHPian

Car service & repairs - Autorounders workshops in Mumbai

I own a 2012 Swift which i use as a beater car within the city for daily use which takes up a fair amount of beating everyday as its driven to industrial areas with non existent roads as well as used as a goods carrier at times. Being the petrol head that I am I still keep it considerabaly well maintained and had always sent the car for its regular service only to Maruti service centres like Sai Service and Shivam Autozone. While the Swift was bought keeping in mind that the car needs to be fairly reasonable to maintain I realized within the first year of owning the car that Maruti cars are cheap to maintain is actually a myth. The service costs are equivalent to most other car brands. Nonetheless sometime last year I heard about Autorunders from a few Bhpian friends in Mumbai who mentioned that it is like a new concept/ startup in the fairly unorganized car repair industry and a few of these friends had given their cars to them for random jobs as well as servicing and were quite impressed. Although I never consider servicing my cars outside the authorized service centres i thought maybe i could give them a try with my beater car and was I impressed.

One point contact from service request till the end, free pick up and delivery of the car, entire communication with them is on whatsapp and mail. They keep sending pictures all throughout and send you the estimates before starting the work. They also ask if you would like to visit the garage at any point I did not go though. Their concept basically from what i could understand is that they have tie-up's with various garages in multiple locations and their own team of engineers is at the garage to supervise everything when work is done on your car and all parts are sourced by them also since all the communication is from them it is all very professional and customer centric.

Below are a few more details that I have summarized;

Services Offered – Repairs, service of all kind of cars including high end cars. Modifications and restorations are carried out as well.

What I Like:
• Extremely professional and customer centric service.
• I got estimates as soon as I sent the car and it was inspected for all the work that needs to be done, genuine spares were used.
• Transparent working, nothing charged above MRP.
• Pick up & Drop facility.
• All work is done under covered garages, many include lifts as well, paint booths available at most garages.
• Updates of repair work sent via whatsapp including pictures.
• Automobile engineer is always present along side when the car is worked upon.
• Standard rates, level of support and quality of work same throughout the city.
• 22 Locations in and around Mumbai, from Fort to Thane, Borivali and Navi Mumbai.

What I don’t like:
• Nothing so far to complain about.

Pricing: From cheap to reasonable. I have used them a few times now and the costs have ended up being cheaper than Maruti authorized service centre's. The estimates i got from maruti and from autorounders itself for all the work to be carried out Autorounders was cheaper and honest enough to point out things like brake pads that did not need replacement even when I asked them to. Also from what I have heard from friends, there is a huge difference in rates especially in high end cars like Mercedes and BMW's compared to their respective service centers. I own a Skoda which will be going to them once its out of warranty for sure.

What I got done from them: Full service for my Swift including front suspension and steering job. The entire bill was atleast Rs. 10,000 cheaper than Maruti. Post that I sent my Innova to fix a broken bumper, some dents and dings. The denting and paintwork was very good. I was also given an option to choose from the type of paint to be used. I opted for the standard company paint.

Contact Information:
Phone Number – 7666 830 830
Website – www.autorounders.com
Address – Various Locations

Kept getting constant updates on whatsapp with images from them like below;

Name:  image1 1.PNG
Views: 9644
Size:  1.14 MB
Name:  image2.PNG
Views: 9567
Size:  1.14 MB
vvb8530 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 20:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Car service & repairs - Autorounders workshops in Mumbai

Do they have a fixed workshop or they outsource the work to someone and they do the job for you? Can't seem to find a address on their site. Since I prefer to drive the car to my garage/workshop myself and not let it be driven by some random unknown guy this might be a issue if the place at which it will be worked on is unknown.
Old 12th August 2017, 04:23   #3
BHPian

re: Car service & repairs - Autorounders workshops in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Do they have a fixed workshop or they outsource the work to someone and they do the job for you? Can't seem to find a address on their site. Since I prefer to drive the car to my garage/workshop myself and not let it be driven by some random unknown guy this might be a issue if the place at which it will be worked on is unknown.
They have fixed workshops at multiple locations across the city. Depending on your location and maybe type of work they will take the car to a particular workshop. You can drive up yourself and not opt in for their free pick up service, just call their number and they will let you know their exact location closest to you.

Regards,
VVB
vvb8530 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 19:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

A Bad review-

How reliable are these guys. So far just one team bhp review. Needed to do civic suspension overhaul. These guys on paper seem professional. In reality?

I've tried getting a quote from them for the suspension overhaul. But the person in charge Dhaval has kept me hanging for 3 days telling me that he's still awaiting quotes from his vendors. Every time I ask for the quote it's the same answer.
Extremely busy.
Does not call back too.
I have to keep following up with him.

Iam not sure if he's able to give the attention mention on this post.
danlalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 13:24   #5
BHPian

Re: Car service & repairs - Autorounders workshops in Mumbai

My i20's clutch pedal failed to depress in between a gear shift, and the car was stuck in neutral in the middle of the sea-link. I was able to get it towed back home and post that started my hunt for a good-quality garage that would diagnose & solve the issue without ripping me off, especially since the car had only done 20,000 kms.

Since this was out of the 4-year warranty period, the ASC was charging ~15k - even before looking at it.

At this time, I came across Autorounders. After my initial telephone chat with Dhaval (owner), I took my baby here on Saturday morning in Andheri.

(Their garage in Andheri does work on the mass-market car brands - Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, etc. While their garage in Kurla handles all the high end / German cars (Audi, Merc, BMW, etc).

Niranjan (1 of their main engineers) was overlooking the repair of my car. An extremely patient and knowledgeable person, a fellow car entusiast (and an i10 owner himself) convinced me that he would take care of the car.

Same day afternoon - Niranjan found that the problem was with both the cylinders and that the other parts of the clutch and gear assembly were fine.

In an hour, I got the quotes for the replacement cylinders - branded and unbranded. Unbranded didn't have the Hyundai badging, but were the same in all other aspects so I went ahead with that.

The removal and fitment took them most of the remaining part of the day and Niranjan took the car for a test drive in the evening, after which he was convinced that the problem was solved.

I took delivery the next day - Sunday. Despite it being a holiday, Dhaval was present at the workshop, and I was able to get my car back. Total cost came to 6k cash. Significantly cheaper than HASS' 15k + labour estimate, and no problems till date.
sidpunjabi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 15:01   #6
BHPian

I do not know exactly which forum or thread to post this in and I request the admin/s and/or moderators to kindly post this under the appropriate thread.

I recently found the video below on Youtube and found the concept very interesting with a relatively win-win situation for all. Members can decide for themselves. Here is the video :-

Old 1st November 2020, 21:10   #7
BHPian

Any recent experiences with Autorounders? The last user experience is 2 years old hence curious if any Mumbai Tbhp'ians have used their service recently? Looking to overhaul my 10 year old Fortuner and give it a new lease of life.
curiosity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 15:39   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
Any recent experiences with Autorounders? The last user experience is 2 years old hence curious if any Mumbai Tbhp'ians have used their service recently? Looking to overhaul my 10 year old Fortuner and give it a new lease of life.
They have a YouTube channel by the name Autorounders. Every other day they post videos of the car they have done along with a feedback of the owner at the end. From the videos itself the workmanship looks perfect.

I too am planning to redo the interior of my Altis, based on a video they have posted. Unfortunately for me, I am not a resident of Mumbai and their reply on my enquiry was that they can give a quote only after inspecting the car.
Old 10th August 2021, 16:12   #9
BHPian

Used Autorounders to paint my roof box from white to gloss black.

I was called to pick up the part but it wasn't wasn't ready when I got there. The post paint buffing of the box was carried out after I got there. I had to wait for a while for it to complete.

The workmanship was just about okay. I can see that the paint job wasn't done with care and there are over spray marks at places as well as surprisingly low coverage at some places as well.

Also noticed some rivet covers went missing, highlighted it to them and they went looking for it in between some trees and found 3 of the 7 missing.

These imperfections showed up after the initial buffing and polish done had lost its sheen.

The staff is seen shuttling around car to car in short intervals.

I also saw a lot and I mean a lot of Innovas around that had come for refurbishments and the work done looked good from afar but on closer inspection they did show up flaws in paint and fit.

I think they are biting more than they can chew and its showing up.
lionell is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed