Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 7 43.75%
Recommended 6 37.50%
NOT Recommended 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2022, 23:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Chauffeur-driven Car Rentals : Savaari.com

My Brother in laws often come to India, land at Bangalore airport and take a taxi to our home town, which is ~ 450-500 km away. The cost for one way on Savaari.com is almost 1.5 - 1.8 times the cost of what they engaged with a private taxi owner.

Savaari.com becoming an official service provider or integrator is taking advantage of demand and pricing exhorbitantly, IMHO.
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 09:47   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
My Brother in laws often come to India, land at Bangalore airport and take a taxi to our home town, which is ~ 450-500 km away. The cost for one way on Savaari.com is almost 1.5 - 1.8 times the cost of what they engaged with a private taxi owner.

Savaari.com becoming an official service provider or integrator is taking advantage of demand and pricing exhorbitantly, IMHO.
I would not say they are exorbitant. But bit pricier than hiring a cab directly.

For example - Old Innova in Bangalore costs Rs.15/km with a cap of 300 kms/day + Rs.500 Driver baata/day. One day minimum cost would be Rs.5000 . Ofcourse, no GST and all cash dealing with the driver.

Same car on Saavari costs Rs17.5/km with a cap of 300 kms/day. Driver Baata is included in per km fare. GST at 5% is also included. This pushes up the fare. Not to mention the aggregator will take some cut and the Driver may get Rs 13 to 14 per km. This is for round trip. For one way trip, even the local taxi wallas will charge for the empty return trip as well.

My only grouse with Saavari is I do not get to know the condition of the car until it comes. There have been instances in family where the car was in bad condition and unhygenic interiors. Once the car arrives, there is almost no option of contacting Saavari and asking for a replacement. Whereas, with the traditional model, I know the driver and the condition of car I will be getting to a greater extent.
Old 21st December 2022, 18:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

For example - Old Innova in Bangalore costs Rs.15/km with a cap of 300 kms/day + Rs.500 Driver baata/day. One day minimum cost would be Rs.5000 . Ofcourse, no GST and all cash dealing with the driver.

Same car on Saavari costs Rs17.5/km with a cap of 300 kms/day. Driver Baata is included in per km fare. GST at 5% is also included. This pushes up the fare. Not to mention the aggregator will take some cut and the Driver may get Rs 13 to 14 per km. This is for round trip. For one way trip, even the local taxi wallas will charge for the empty return trip as well.
Sorry I beg to disagree here. Even with rates per km and driver bata and GST, mentioned by you, I estimate the cost of my typical outstation travel to be within 9000/- and the quoted rate on savaari.com is 14500/- and higher one way.
Online aggregators like Savaari.com seem to want to make quick returns on just providing the website or app and establishing the business relationship with the actual taxi owner / driver and the extra cost does not seem justified to folks who know local taxi entities.
Old 17th July 2023, 17:53   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Used them recently in Kolkata, and was a terrible experience!

Car was a filthy, rattling, abused Xcent : brakes seemed like they needed replacement last month, forget yesterday!
Driver didn't seem to understand much, and was clearly new to Kolkata given his poor understanding of directions and also just his general courtesy and mannerism weren't up to par either.

Wouldn't ever consider going back to them, would prefer to stick to reputed travel agents, even if they cost a little bit more!
Old 17th July 2023, 18:17   #20
BANNED

Savaari is like my got cab service for airport drops / pickup in Pune in last couple of years. The main reason being:
  • Reliable and on time mostly, especially on odd hours
  • No last minute cancellation
  • A functional customer care that can resolve issues
  • No midway surge pricing shock
  • Their entry level car for airport can hold luggage in boot
  • Price though cost 15% - 25% extra for a one-way airport trip over Uber, but considering above hassle free experiences, I prefer them
For in city transport though, I would take Uber purely for cost factor.

I ideally stay away from Ola or any other such contraptions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks