Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2018, 09:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-nellyautofront.jpg

Services offered:
  • Car Service & Maintenance
  • Repairs and bodywork
  • Detailing

What I like:
  • Run by BHPian noelnelly, straight forward nature and no pushing for unnecessary work
  • One man show = attention to detail, meticulousness (gets additional mechanics to help if more manpower is required)
  • Can source parts for even discontinued models e.g. Chevy Spark
  • Upfront about what he can and can't do, and will remind you what needs to be done for the next service
  • Pick-up and drop facility available, doesn't mind if we hang around

What I don't like:
  • As it’s a solo operation, one needs to take prior appointments only
  • Takes longer time than usual, but quality stuff is done, so not a big deal
  • Small garage = can't handle many cars at once

Pricing: Way cheaper than Authorised service center on labour. Parts at par / slightly lower as only original parts used.

Specialty / USP: Works on a range of cars, Maruti to Mercedes. Even old classics and vintage vehicles. Have seen him work on a Contessa, Maruti 800, Mercedes C-Class, Honda City and more.

What Work I have got done from him: Servicing of my WagonR and Chevy Spark, headlight bulb upgrade on Spark.

Contact Information
- Name of the contact person: Noel
- Phone numbers: 9930078218
- Postal Address: CBD Belapur
- Email / Website : Instagram

Very happy with how he's done work on the WagonR. As its run as a taxi, I needed the least downtime possible and Noel picked up the car in the evening and dropped it off the next day:
Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-01.jpg

Sparky had her regular service done, but wasn't her own self. Issue was diagnosed to a faulty ignition coil and a spark plug gone kaput. Not only did he source parts for this old car, it was way more reasonable than I expected. Also got the headlamps upgraded to 90/100 and changed the wipers:
Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-02.jpg

He currently operates out of his basement garage at home:
Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-nelly_auto.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th June 2018 at 14:15.
blackwasp is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 09:56   #2
BHPian

Re: Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post

What I like:[list][*]Run by BHPian noelnelly, straight forward nature and no pushing for unnecessary work

Pricing: Way cheaper than Authorised service center on labour. Parts at par / slightly lower as only original parts used.

Speciality / USP: Works on a range of cars, Maruti to Mercedes. Even old classics and vintage vehicles. Have seen him work on a Contessa, Maruti 800, Mercedes C-Class, Honda City and more.
I always love to support a genuine startup especially when it is related to automobiles.
Absolutely agree with the points you've listed.
In fact he even worked on my Maruti 800, Lolakutty.

Trusty, affordable, quality work, punctuality, original parts, being frank and always gives back a clean car unlike other FNG's are the things I noted in my interaction. All in all top notch customer service and definitely recommended.

He also offers pick up and drop service for your vehicle from any part of Mumbai.

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-photo-mr-motoind-3.jpg

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-photo-mr-motoind-2.jpg

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-screen-shot-20180525-9.48.28-am.png

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-img_20180420_104757.jpg

Attachment 1763914
Attached Thumbnails
Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-screen-shot-20180525-9.55.35-am.png  

johannskaria is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 20:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)

Thanks for sharing. Highly recommended FNGs are quite rare on Team BHP Mumbai directory. Our Xcent is due for annual service soon. Can think of this option for it. The only concern is location which is too far. How much do they charge for pickup & drop? Also need to factor in fuel costs for transporting the car to & from CBD Belapur. What will the annual service labour charges be (approximately)

Last edited by AkMar : 25th May 2018 at 20:28.
Old 13th June 2018, 12:21   #4
BHPian

Have known Noel and visited his workshop, Impressed with his quality of work and has a straight forward approach in fixing issues or work around solutions. Has a good network to source parts and accessories.

All the best Noel
sajands is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 18:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Our Xcent is due for annual service soon. Can think of this option for it. The only concern is location which is too far. How much do they charge for pickup & drop?
I've heard him attending to cars from Goregaon side too. And the quick one day turn around time is very appealing. You can just call him up and ask, his customer service approach is top notch.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 00:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

He has worked on my 20 year old Zen and I must say his attention to detail and service is exemplary. He never looked at just changing parts for the sake of it. He first figured out the problem and then resolved it in the most practical and thus cheapest way possible. I would definitely rate him highly and use him again in the future.

Good luck to him and hope he succeeds
pganapathy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 13:30   #7
BHPian

My Liva’s 60k service interval was carried out at NellyAuto.

Some highlights of NellyAuto
  • Quality Work
  • No pushing for unwanted things
  • Attention to details
  • Trustworthy
  • Cheaper labour than Authorised service center
  • Free Pick-up & Drop Facility

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-002.jpg

Apart from Oil & Ac Filter, rest of parts were procured by Noel from Wasan Toyota Workshop in Turbhe, Navi Mumbai
  • “WURTH HC Synthetic Oil 5W-40” was supplied by me
  • Purolator AC Filter (Noel Suggested for this since the OEM Toyota AC filter was almost double the price)
  • Air Filter
  • Oil Filter
  • Oil Gasket
  • Front Brake Pad

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-003.jpg
Oil Filter

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-010.jpg
Old drained Oil

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-011.jpg
Wurth Ready to pour

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-005.jpg
"Air Filter" Old Vs New

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-006.jpg
"AC Filter" Old Vs New

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-007.jpg
"Front Brake Pads" Old Vs New

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-008.jpg
Skimmed Front Disks

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-009.jpg
Brake Pads ready for the Job

Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-012.jpg
Post Wash my shiny "Liva"

The overall vehicle cleaning(interior) & washing was much better than Authorized Service Center.

I would definitely Recommend NellyAuto
driving_smartly is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 10:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

Got the 90,000 service done for WagonR. Prompt service and 1 day turnaround. I was updated throughout the day on the progress including pictures via Whatsapp.

Attaching bills for the previous service as well. Rates aren't dirt cheap, but at the same time lesser than authorised service points while maintaining a much better quality of work. Thank to the high running of the car, I think mine is the only vehicle that has been to Nelly's multiple times in a short span for servicing. The work has been always done nicely.

Once again attention to detail: A conked off parking bulb was changed and the drain bolt was replaced as it was getting rounded = could pose a problem in future oil changed.

Clutch change bill:
Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-screen-shot-20180919-9.36.00-am.png

80k bill:
Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-screen-shot-20180919-9.36.59-am.png

90k bill:
Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-screen-shot-20180919-9.33.35-am.png
blackwasp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 10:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nelly Auto has become my trusted person go to place. Would like to highlight 2 instances of prompt work.

1. Radiator started leaking and the car started heating up causing the Condensor to give up. Noel guided my driver to get local repairs done temporarily and he was able to take the car from Western suburbs to Belapur. Promply changed the AC condensor the next day.

2. Right front wheel bearing was making noise. It was changed promptly in couple of hours with minimal downtime.

Got some mods done for my 800 as well. Noel was willing to try around to do what hasn't been done before. To reassure him I told him I will replace the bumper if something goes wrong / I end up no liking the looks of the car. Also asked to get an exhaust done as the stock one was riddled with holes.

I would just like to say that speed of work is on the slower side, but no complaints as that was told prior to the start of work.

Attaching a picture. Detailed report here:
Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-1fe3c23d22d7449183cb128c2d2bb1bd.jpg

Last edited by blackwasp : 29th May 2019 at 10:24.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 17:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Last year & this year I got my car serviced at Nelly Auto. Last year it was a regular service, and Noel did a very good job. I went for Mobil1 oil which he procured for me. I was confident about handing over the car to him in the future from that experience.

This year it was 4 year service, and the car had a few issues as well. The front bumper was torn after a nasty hit by a two wheeler, and the AC wasn't cooling either. So it was quite some amount of work. I pestered Noel quite a lot on Whatsapp regarding insurance claim, kind of repairs needed etc. He handled all those queries patiently & with positive attitude. I finally decided to go without insurance. Ditched Mobil1 for regular oil this year, as my running is low & there were a lot of unscheduled expenses as well in the car.

List of work done:
  1. Routine service.
  2. Front bumper change
  3. Fender lining changed as it was also damaged in the hit
  4. Windscreen washer spray motor changed - again damaged in 2 wheeler hit
  5. AC fixed - cooling coil had leak
  6. Driver door latch was misbehaving, it had to be changed
  7. Wheel alignment & rotation
  8. Front seat fabric had some stains, so asked him to try & clean it.

Total down time was around a week for this work. The total bill came to around 19K. The car feels good after servicing.

What I liked:
  • Good quality of work
  • Upfront about what will be done. Tries to repair instead of blindly replacing parts. One of my indicators wasn't working; instead of blindly replacing bulb, he dived deep into the issue & solved it without replacing the bulb.
  • Pricing is reasonable. The routine service labour is lesser than A.S.S. Body work labour is significantly lesser than A.S.S.
  • Knowledgable - he knows what he is doing.
  • Tells you upfront what he can & cannot do. For eg, seat fabric stains in my car were tough & wouldn't go away even after he tried from his end. He suggested to go to a professional detailer. As the job was not done, he did not charge for the cleaning either, but I insisted to charge for it as it wasn't his fault.
  • Offered pick up & drop facility. Without this I would have had to stick to nearby Hyundai service center, where the bill for this would have run up to 30-40K easily

What I don't like:
  • Nothing in particular. If I had to nitpick, there are a couple of marks near gear console & doorpad which probably came while opening dashboard for AC coil change. But frankly I am not sure if they are avoidable or not, so benefit of doubt goes to him.

Bill for 4 year service + body work + AC work
Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-screenshot_20190921165906163_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Nelly auto has its own sticker now! New addition this year
Car Servicing & Repairs - Nelly Auto (Navi Mumbai)-img_20190921_170041.jpg

Would I recommend Nelly auto? A definite yes

Last edited by AkMar : 21st September 2019 at 17:42.
AkMar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 22:32   #11
BHPian

So is this service center still operating? And if yes, then what is the exact location and do i need to make a prior appointment with them?

I have Maruti Dzire with a leakage in the boot. I know the leakage is coming from the Taillight region but i'm very not really confident about opening the Taillight. Thus, i would like to know if they will be performing the repair for the same.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th September 2020, 03:00   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounak04 View Post
So is this service center still operating? And if yes, then what is the exact location and do i need to make a prior appointment with them?

I have Maruti Dzire with a leakage in the boot. I know the leakage is coming from the Taillight region but i'm very not really confident about opening the Taillight. Thus, i would like to know if they will be performing the repair for the same.

Thanks in advance.
Hey,

Yes, he's servicing. Do reach out to him on his mobile number to book an appointment (asap). Also, you can find his exact address on google maps.

He's is good with commitments and stands by his work. In case you still face problems, he isn't like the ones who'd shy away from owning responsibility.

Good chap! Try him out!
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 08:59   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Hey,

Yes, he's servicing. Do reach out to him on his mobile number to book an appointment (asap). Also, you can find his exact address on google maps.

He's is good with commitments and stands by his work. In case you still face problems, he isn't like the ones who'd shy away from owning responsibility.

Good chap! Try him out!
Oh thats great then.

So the thing is I'm calling him and he isn't picking up the call. I also whatsapped him but he has not yet seen those images. Can someone give me his exact address if possible? I tried searching him on Google but it just showed Navi Mumbai and did not give an exact address.

If not him, then any other garages in Navi Mumbai will also do. Thank you
Sounak04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 01:06   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounak04 View Post
Oh thats great then.

So the thing is I'm calling him and he isn't picking up the call. I also whatsapped him but he has not yet seen those images. Can someone give me his exact address if possible? I tried searching him on Google but it just showed Navi Mumbai and did not give an exact address.

If not him, then any other garages in Navi Mumbai will also do. Thank you
Navi Mumbai is filled with people who'd just want to loot you and not even try doing the job right.

BTW I have messaged you his another number and full address. Hope it works out for you.

Also, in case you do find someone in Navi Mumbai who is reliable, let us all know.

Keep us posted.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 12:13   #15
BHPian

Noel is the best independent guy from Navi Mumbai. Honest guy who uses only original parts, willing to repair instead of replacing (wherever possible).

I had given my Honda Civic couple of times, performs the highest quality work and justifies the charges.
dsnaveen21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks