Team-BHP - Car air-con repair : Royal Car AC Services (Malad, Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Car air-con repair : Royal Car AC Services (Malad, Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/199018-car-air-con-repair-royal-car-ac-services-malad-mumbai.html)

Royal Car AC service
Proprietor: Mr. Dsilva

K-33, Old Sonal industrial estate, Link road, kachpada, Malad West
It's on the main link road , just a building away from Navneet BMW showroom

Place:
The place is not very huge, can accommodate car and a half. But extremely clean and neat and their tools also arranged properly. Sometimes I feel, the way the workshops arrange their tools speaks a lot about them
Also since it's a huge industrial estate and his place is at the very end he can easily park 3 or 4 cars near his workshop and if needed can work on it too

Services offered:
- Servicing of car air-conditioning and repairing of any issues related to it

Rates:
- Not dirt cheap but I feel worth for the work done

What I like:
- Mr. dsilva is there working with his technicians on the car and never gives you a false picture. My car had to go second time after repairs were carried but it was no fault of his but once gas was fully charged other issues in the car air-conditioning system became evident
Still he was very accommodating, apologized that I had to car back and started working on car immediately even if there were 3 or 4 cars more

What I don't like:
- Nothing as yet

What work I have done here:
My office is very near to the industrial estate so I thought to give them a try for routine car AC service
By the time it was due the cooling suddenly became less and I wanted to get it done before rains start
A leak in the evaporator was found so it had to be changed, plus to change it the whole dashboard had to be removed and refitted
It's a huge task specially when car is 14 years old
Apart from this regular service was carried which is cleaning of condenser and other parts which need cleaning, compressor oil top up and gas charge
Was charged a total of Rs 7000 for everything

Unfortunately after work was done the AC system developed a snag which was evident even before I took the delivery of the car but I insisted I use it for few days and give him feedback.
Could not use it for more days and took car back
Although it was no error by their side he apologized to me that I had to get car back and started work on the car immediately even though there were around 4 cars in the workshop
It was found that the oil seal in the compressor had gone bad and the condenser receiver needed a chnage
It was done within 24 hours and I even got back some money from him because he told he got some discount for the parts he had used for my car
Seldom one gets money back

No issues with any buttons or other things on the dashboard. In the past whenever dashboard has been opened some minor issue has always cropped up and I had to take car back to get it solved

Some pictures of the workshop
Was getting error since many days when I tried to upload
cpics:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but thanks for this listing, I called them some time back to check what are the prices to completely service my i20 (2012 Sports AT, I don't think the previous owners ever got it fully serviced, looking at the AC performance), prices were extremely reasonable.

They quoted 3k which includes gas charging, opening & refitting the dashboard, cleaning with chemical, compressor oil (Labor included, It was 2k + 1k breakdown where 1k is for labor & 2k is for the consumables i guess).

When asked about warranty, the gentleman was very polite and mentioned if there are any leaks which we fix we'll offer warranty on those, else as it is a service we cannot offer warranty, totally understandable & he was extremely calm throughout the call not pushing to take the service (Difficult to find such guys).

Asked about how long it will take assuming everything is intact (since this is my first time), he mentioned if I drop the car now (Around 10.30 am), can have it back by 6 today.

I'll be visiting them next month or so as the vehicle AC badly needs servicing.

I mentioned I'll get back to him as just taking quotes, found them on Google and Team BHP, he thanked me that.

I was extremely happy talking to the guy on the phone (Did not catch his name), but he sounded calm, mature & informative (specially when I asked if there is any warranty, he gave a detailed answer without loosing his cool).

Their number has changed, found on their website : 099876 75564 & https://royal-car-ac-repair-services.business.site

Cheers,
-m007

P.S. - I had inquired about AC Servicing at a dedicated AC workshop in Thane, he quoted 2.5k & another Garage (Mechanic who checked my i20 before purchase), he also quoted 2.5-3k, since I stay in the western line, Royal Car AC is much closer & rates are extremely fine & looking at the workshop pictures am sure it will be a pleasant experience. Will be sharing updates once I get the service done.

Something strange happened today,

I had ordered an AC filter (Paper type) and Engine filter from boodmo & had plans to visit the service center with the new filter which can be fitted after full service, the components were scheduled to be delivered on 13th (Tuesday) however got delivered today (Sunday), so decided to give these folks a call to schedule a service for Monday.

Called first time & said "Hello", other party said "Hello" and I asked "Royal Car AC Service", did not get any reply, I kept saying hello not knowing if they are able to hear me or not, disconnected & tried again, I said "Hello" but there was no reply from the other side.

Tried third time & fourth time but no reply from other side after lifting the call, I could hear background murmuring on the other side.

Dialled from another number and said "Hello, Royal Car AC Service", only to hear a reply "Kaun hai tu" (Who are you), "Aage bol na" (Speak up), its possible he recognized my voice even though it was from another number, the reply is something which irked me, as the other party was not ready to confirm whether it was Royal Car AC Service, if they did would have spoken about taking an appointment for AC servicing.

Still giving them a chance only for the sake of their clean workshop as shown in above photos, called them from original number and said "Hello, Royal Car AC Service, I want to get my i20 AC fully serviced", they cut the call.

I checked on Google as well, they are open Sundays, so I wasn't bothering them in their personal time.

Sent them a text that I want to have my AC fully serviced, got reference from Team BHP, and started searching for alternatives as well.

About 60-90 minutes later got a reply from them over the sms, "Yes Sir" and someone from their workshop was calling the next moment (True caller identified it), but that tone "Kaun hai tu, aage bol na" was bad, decided not to go ahead with these guys & I disconnected the call. Have found another provider, having many positive reviews on google as well, their workshop may not be clean but the review speaks volumes, I'm willing to take that gamble, called them and fixed an appointment for tomorrow, will leave a review post service too.

I'm sure there will be justifications and all from the other side, but come on, when someone specifically asks your business name over call, you don't reply them with these kind of answers, a simple "I am not able to hear you, let me call back or please call back or please text me" would have done the job. Thanks guys, you just made sure I'm never visiting & recommending your workshop to my circle.

-m007

Edit : adding screenshot of text for reference.

Car air-con repair : Royal Car AC Services (Malad, Mumbai)-screenshot_2024021113572954_0ce57feeccaa51fb7deed04b4dbda235.jpg

Tried contacting Royal Car AC service in Malad and spoke with Mr. Dsouza. He was most polite and even suggested to me that his workshop would be quite far, given that I am staying in Powai.
Found another mechanic for the AC nearby in Saki Vihar. Pappu Car Air Cool. Did a good job with my i20 AC repair.
Phone: 9892725653