Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car Battery shop - Vinod Batteries (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)

Products sold:
  • All types of batteries.
Services offered:
  • Sale of new batteries (exchange as well)
  • Recharging of old batteries
What I like:
  • Prompt service, stocks a wide variety of batteries including the hard to get Exide Conservo for Maruti SHVS vehicles
  • Reasonable rates and home delivery at no extra cost
  • Excellent customer support. Another BHPian called him up in the evening and he too had his battery changed promptly despite the late hour.
  • Gives pukka bill and accepts PayTM (and other wallets), debit cards but no credit cards
What I don't like:
  • No dedicated space in front of the shop, you have to hope to get roadside parking

Pricing: Reasonable prices - matches or betters other quotes.

Speciality / USP: None in particular. Just an honest battery shop.

Services from him: New battery for my Abarth and recharging of WagonR battery.

Contact Information
- Phone numbers: +91 74980 94194
- Postal Address: Nilesh Chambers, Office no-6, Plot No - 18, Palm Beach Rd, Sector 19C, APMC Market 1, Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400705.
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap link

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Used services of BatteryBhai last weekend. Our 13 month old WagonR's battery was on its last legs. Since the car is used commercially, there are a lot of startups in a day, and frankly, I was happy with the battery lasting over a year. Note the stock battery was not maintenance free which meant that frequent checks and top-ups were needed.
I was happy with BatteryBhai, but last week, I left the lights of my WagonR on and the battery got discharged over the weekend. I have the auto cop tracker installed in my car which alerted me about the dead battery.

A quick google search revealed the name of Vinod Batteries nearby. Gave them a call and the chap promised to send over a guy in an hr to collect the battery for overnight charging.

I was promised delivery next day morning, but since no one was home asked them to postpone it to Sunday. He came promptly and fixed it back as well. Was charged Rs. 350 for this.

Meanwhile the Abarth threw up an immobiliser / anti theft system warning on the mid. I was also getting some Airbag error, all pointing to imminent battery failure:
Car Battery shop - Vinod Batteries (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-img_5012.jpg

With the car used quite a bit on the highways, I figured to be better safe than sorry. Drove to Vinod and asked for a quote. With exchange I was quoted Rs. 4700 for 50 DIN Amaron battery. Got it fixed in 15 mins:
Car Battery shop - Vinod Batteries (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-04478a04d7ed4bffa3974b656ed96443.jpg

The guy was nice and while the bill was getting made, we talked about the Indian car scene, Fiats (always a talking point ) and how much batteries usually last in our conditions.

I was about the leave, but spotted this Exide Conservo battery. The SHVS cars like the Ertiga, Ciaz and S-Cross require this. He said he always has a couple of them even though sourcing them is tricky at times. I had never seen this battery in any outside shop and though of sharing this for the benefit of owners of the aforementioned cars:
Car Battery shop - Vinod Batteries (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-img_5272.jpg
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 09:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Battery shop - Vinod Batteries (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)

Vinod battery in Vashi is a renowned name.

Here are his details:

Car Battery shop - Vinod Batteries (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-15e51789303949fe85aaef90fcc89a41.jpeg

Car Battery shop - Vinod Batteries (Vashi, Navi Mumbai)-fef2efadeaf840bb90c01f288edd8823.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks