|9th March 2020, 18:30||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2011
Thanked: 489 Times
Trust Car Seat Covers - Lokhandwala, Mumbai
I had taken delivery of my Seltos and as you know the base variant along with many others come with fabric seats. Hence I wanted to get seat covers installed. The question came to my mind was from where and type, I had two options
1) To get seat covers which go over the fabric or
2) To get something where they remove the fabric cloth and install the art leather on the foam (this gives a much better fit and finish but the price of this is almost double since it's labour intensive)
This review (Hi-Tech automotive seat covers - Malad West, Mumbai) helped me in knowing what price range and type to look at.
I did not want those ready made seat covers from the usual car accessory shop since they don't fit perfect. I had a choice to visit HI Tech Seat covers after reading the review above but since that's far away for me it would be quite a distance.
So I went on google on a mission to find a good shop for the covers. I stumbled upon Trust car seat covers and saw photos of their work on Google.
Sadly there was no number their Google business page, So I went on Just Dial to find it. I spoke with Dippy and visited him on Saturday. More on that below
Things I like
- Even the seat covers are custom stitched so they fit really well, just like OEM
- Fit and Finish is Top Notch
- They keep everything from art leather to real leather and Showed me all options ranging from 6,000 for art leather seat covers all the way to the roof
- Had samples of seats they had done, so you know how a particular design would end up looking.
- Was not at all pushy in making me choose rather allowed me ample time to compare the samples from the catalogue.
Things I dont like
What I got Done
Seat covers, Door arm rests, central front arm rest and I asked Dippy to make me a rear arm rest since the base variant doesn't come with one. All the way I like it with double stitching.
Now it depends on the type of art or real leather one chooses and the budget. The particular one I liked was close to real leather and had a nice grainy texture, pretty close to the real thing. The whole thing costed me Rs 21,000.
Breakup: For the Seats Rs 15,000, Rs 3000 extra for the rear arm rest and Rs 3,000 for the door arm rests.
Gave the car this Morning at 10:30 and was ready at 5pm
Address and Contact:
Mr Dippy Gandhi: 99200 48605
Trust car seat covers & custom modifications
Unit Steller Tower, no 11, 2nd Cross Rd, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
Let some pictures do the talking