Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2020, 21:59   #1
BHPian

Car service & maintenance : MotoFyx, Mumbai

My Car - 2016 VW Vento TSI
Problem - Constant rumbling/drumming noise from the right rear.
Didn't want to send it to VW because of their price gouging and unprofessional behaviour.

MotoFyx was recommended to me by a friend who has been using their services for a while. There was an annoying noise coming from the right rear of my car and I couldn't find the source of it - I thought it was a suspension related issue, so I asked MotoFyx if they could send someone over to check it.

They sent someone over the very next day, one Mr. Daulat Vishwakarna (Professional, with quite a long history at one of the Honda dealerships here in Mumbai);

We drove around for maybe 10-15 minutes, he eliminated one possible source after another and eventually - was able to decipher the source of the noise - turns out it was just a coupe loose clips inside one of the interior panels above the parcel shelf. He pried opened the panel, wrapped some sound deadening material and lubricant on the clips and put it back in its place. We then proceeded to take a short test drive around my area and I couldn't hear the noise anymore, but I still wanted to be sure. I offered to pay Daulat for the moment and asked him if he could give me a day to confirm whether the noise was gone for good, if not I'd get back in touch. But Daulat asked me to take as much time as I needed and pay only after I was happy.

The same evening I took the car out for a long drive, drove over all the patches I had noticed the noise on earlier and voila - it seemed to have been remedied.

Now here's the highlight:

MotoFyx decided to not charge me a penny for this - When I texted them on WhatsApp after my long drive to ask how much I owed them and how they'd like me to pay - they promptly responded with "Nothing to pay sir, happy we could assist you"
I wasn't even a repeat customer, like I said, this was the first time I'd even ventured out of authorised VW workshops.

Needless to say, MotoFyx has a loyal customer in me, henceforth. Will be sending my and the family's cars to them for everything from routine maintenance to breakdowns.

Pros:

- Prompt to reply on WhatsApp. No need to call and follow up unnecessarily.

-The mechanic they sent over was experienced and extremely courteous.

- They send someone over to check your car first and ascertain the scope of work.

- When you send your car to them for anything - They keep you updated with videos and pictures of the progress of their work on your car. (My friend's experience)

- Daulat told me that a routine service for my Vento would cost me between INR 4,000 and 5,000 at MotoFyx. Just the labour at VW would set me back by that much.

- They have body shops too

Cons

- None!

For anyone looking for any kind of work for their car in Mumbai - Here's their WhatsApp customer care number: +91 9167172019
DeKay is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 22:23   #2
BHPian

re: Car service & maintenance : MotoFyx, Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I wasn't even a repeat customer, like I said, this was the first time I'd even ventured out of authorised VW workshops.

Needless to say, MotoFyx has a loyal customer in me, henceforth. Will be sending my and the family's cars to them for everything from routine maintenance to breakdowns.
I think this is pretty good strategy by the workshop. By not charging you for a nominal job, they have a "customer for life" who will send them multiple cars for service.

I have had some experiences in Bangalore, where my first service with a new center is always very good (maybe they sense an opportunity to poach me from my existing center), and post that it becomes business as usual. Hopefully your positive experience with them will continue for a longer time.
ajayclicks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 11:10   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Car service & maintenance : MotoFyx, Mumbai

Moving thread to the Team-BHP Directory .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post

Not even a visit charge? Wow.

Nothing like an expert mechanic who is able to diagnose problems properly. I see on their website that they have 100+ workshops. Must be a network of affiliated workshops for sure (e.g. a tie-up with existing workshops).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks