Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2015, 17:29   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There is a new bunk opened on the Ghodbunder Road, right next to Vishnuji ki Rasoi on the service lane. Surprisingly the bunk does not have a name nor the brand it is associated with. Its seen on the Borivali - Thane side right after Bhayandarpada and Lodha Casa unisys. Couldn't click any pictures as it was pretty late night.
Dear Girish
The Bunk right next to Vishnuji ki Rasoi is for CNG only and operated by MGL.
I tank up here every alternate day.

The one you are talking about is some distance from Vishnuji Ki Rasoi on the GB road and is on the left hand side if you are traveling from Thane to Borivali.
It is an IOC bunk IIRC.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 08:35   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Dear Girish
The Bunk right next to Vishnuji ki Rasoi is for CNG only and operated by MGL.
I tank up here every alternate day.

The one you are talking about is some distance from Vishnuji Ki Rasoi on the GB road and is on the left hand side if you are traveling from Thane to Borivali.
It is an IOC bunk IIRC.
Thanks for the update. Surprised as to why there is no MGL sign at the bunk (or did I miss it). Since when is this CNG bunk operational?

You are right about the IOC bunk but I was not referring to it.
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:31   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Surprised as to why there is no MGL sign at the bunk (or did I miss it). Since when is this CNG bunk operational?

They have a MGL board but its pretty inconspicuous.

The bunk is operational since almost a year or so.
I have been filling there last 6-7 months atleast.
Old 7th May 2015, 00:47   #229
BHPian

Oh the one you just mentioned is an IOC? Definitely a plus for my Indian oil citibank credit card refill.

I am stuck with Indian oils. Anyone tried Kotak credit card which claims to offer surchargre free fuel at all fuel pumps for above 400 Rs?

Last edited by TMRT : 7th May 2015 at 00:50.
Old 7th May 2015, 11:29   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
Oh the one you just mentioned is an IOC? Definitely a plus for my Indian oil citibank credit card refill.

I am stuck with Indian oils. Anyone tried Kotak credit card which claims to offer surchargre free fuel at all fuel pumps for above 400 Rs?
Yes I have a Kotak Royale Card. No surcharge is charged on any petrol pump but they do charge service tax or something which comes to about Rs. 4-5 for about 2500 spent on petrol (don't remember exactly).
Old 12th May 2015, 16:06   #231
BHPian

Has anybody tried the new Indian oil outlet on WEH at Goregaon ?
Old 12th May 2015, 17:08   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
IIRC, people have had bad experiences with that IOC bunk. There are a couple of bad experiences shared earlier in this thread, if I am correct.

-Bhargav
Old 22nd May 2015, 22:34   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
IIRC, people have had bad experiences with that IOC bunk. There are a couple of bad experiences shared earlier in this thread, if I am correct.

-Bhargav
I am guessing Dieseltuned is referring to the New Pump which is at the start of the service lane towards Jogeshwari. I have used it a couple of times. Didnt see any issue.

The pump exactly opposite to it towards Malad is surely not good.
Old 22nd May 2015, 23:29   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I am guessing Dieseltuned is referring to the New Pump which is at the start of the service lane towards Jogeshwari. I have used it a couple of times. Didnt see any issue.

Yes even I am talking about the same one. Just where the Aarey colony flyover ends the southbound stretch. I think a couple of BHP'ians have complained about that pump itself (short filling).

The one opposite to it is HP, IIRC. Though have never visited it, thanks for informing about it. Will avoid it.

-Bhargav
Old 23rd May 2015, 16:11   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
They have a MGL board but its pretty inconspicuous.

The bunk is operational since almost a year or so.
I have been filling there last 6-7 months atleast.
@Girish

The MGL guys seems to have listened to your concern.
A spanking new MGL board complete with digital CNG price of the day is displayed prominently now.

BTW, whats the plan today?
Should be through from office at 1730 hrs or so.
Old 26th May 2015, 13:47   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post

Hi,

Yes the same one just at the end of the southbound end of the Aarey flyover. I have just used it once, their card terminals outside were not working and had to go inside their office to get the card swiped. The staff was also pretty shabbily dressed and very poorly lit area especially during late nights.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 29th October 2015, 15:48   #237
BHPian

Trust the following pumps which are my usual places :-

1. HP pump soon after Deonar Depot on Mumbai Pune road.
2. BP pump soon after Kstar mall near Diamond Garden Chembur
3. Indian Oil pump opposite IIT Powai
4. HP Pump near Chembur Naka Opposite Dominos
Old 21st April 2016, 18:47   #238
BHPian

Within proper Bombay, I generally top-up at these 2 bunks:

1. HPCL BKC next to Asian Heart Hospital. This is a COCO outlet.
2. IOC near Wadala Truck Terminal, opposite Bhakti Park. While this looks like a shady outlet, and is in a secluded spot, all the trucker's fill up here and I get the best FE when I top up here.

Please avoid the IOC opposite Siddhivinayak Temple, just after Vijay Sales. This bunk is most definitely short-changing its customers, my i20 gives an FE of max 12 kmpl here, while I get 15 when I top-up at my favoured bunks, with exactly same running.

Last edited by phoenixash : 21st April 2016 at 18:47. Reason: Typo
Old 7th February 2017, 15:01   #239
BHPian

This post is rather contrary to the title of the thread .

The petrol pump in question is the IOC outlet near Siddhivinayak Temple (goes by the name of Shree Siddhivinayak Services).

This is the day when I took delivery of my used civic. After a satisfying drive on the sea-link I decided to fill up at this particular outlet. Since it was near my house and I had read good review about it, i thought it was worth a shot.

While filling up an attendant asks me to lift the bonnet so that he can top up the windshield washer fluid. After he was done, he takes a look at the coolant and exclaims "Sir you are running on water, there is no coolant!". I was shocked at this oversight by the dealer who had promised to top up all the fluids before delivery. Nonetheless since it was a used car I decided to go ahead with a coolant top-up. After this shocking incident, I decided to call up the dealer to provide an explanation as to why this was missed. He immediately gets his chief mechanic on the line (he has a small workshop along with the dealership) and the mechanic states that there is CCTV footage of him filling coolant in my car and there was no oversight.

So about after a week, I decide to visit the same pump again (please note that the fuel quality seems to be good irrespective of their dubious methods). This time I overhear the attendants chatting (rather fighting) regarding how one of them didn't get his commission for the coolant that he had sold the previous day. Upon eavesdropping a bit more I figured that these attendants get Rs. 50 for every liter of coolant they sell.

Now this time again an attend comes and does the same act. I follow along to see where this is headed. He opens the bonnet, tops up the windshield washer fluid but instead of the coolant, this time he says "Sir you have no engine oil" and shows me the dip stick. Now I may not know a lot but what I do know is that the dip stick does not show the accurate oil levels when the car has been running for a while and is best used before a cold start. So I ask him what is the specification of the engine oil that he was recommending. He had no answer, all he said was its fully synthetic. So then I ask what engine oil is recommended for the Civic, to which again he had no answer. This was enough for me. I gave him a good grilling and this also attracted a decent crowd. A person right next to me in an A-Class was being sold the same engine oil that this attendant was selling me for my Civic. I informed him not to be fooled and knowing how the manufacturers are about warranty, they might void your future warranty claims for using the wrong engine oil.

Please note that apart from these dubious methods adopted at this outlet, their fuel seems to be good. However, I have decided to boycott this outlet.

You have been warned. I was duped, hopefully the same will not happen with you.

Best,
Enigmatic.

Last edited by Enigmatic : 7th February 2017 at 15:04.
Enigmatic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 14:30   #240
BHPian

Thanks for the heads up on the IOC pump. I stay in the vicinity and fill fuel at the HP pump next to Modern Wines, OpenHouse ( ex Sanman), and -301 Degrees ( just before shivaji park starts and opp Axis Bank). Any bad experiences there? Attendants are non intrusive. The only issue I find is the location of Air Pump. Normally it should be located near the exit after filing in Fuel, whereas this one is located at the entry. :-) First world Problems.
The second pump I visit is the BP pump diagonally opp Shiv Sena Bhavan. No bad experience there too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks