Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2023, 19:08   #256
BHPian

Re: Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai

Big Indian Oil petrol pump has been operational for couple of months while going from Powai to Seepz flyover.

Location - 19.129038620793377, 72.88214008732946

Anyone has any experience about this petrol pump?
Old 22nd February 2023, 10:45   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grshnehete View Post
Big Indian Oil petrol pump has been operational for couple of months while going from Powai to Seepz flyover.

I've used them twice. Once on a night drive, to tank up, and it was a blissful experience, with the night chill thanks to Aarey making it a dreamy experience. Easy in, easy out, no complaints.

I returned once during the day, and the experience was not as good. They were trying to upsell me on 2-3 things (coolant saar?) for the short time I was there. It took a firm no to let them know to look elsewhere, but as I turned off to fill air at their tyre-wala, one unwitting uncle was taking a demo of the polish or whatever and looking reasonably interested. I thought of warning him, but let it go, and haven't returned since.

Caveat emptor.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 13:04   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I've used them twice. Once on a night drive, to tank up, and it was a blissful experience, with the night chill thanks to Aarey making it a dreamy experience. Easy in, easy out, no complaints.

I returned once during the day, and the experience was not as good. They were trying to upsell me on 2-3 things (coolant saar?) for the short time I was there. It took a firm no to let them know to look elsewhere, but as I turned off to fill air at their tyre-wala, one unwitting uncle was taking a demo of the polish or whatever and looking reasonably interested. I thought of warning him, but let it go, and haven't returned since.

Caveat emptor.
This section of JVLR just before you get on the SEEPZ flyover was/is an adda for solicitation of 'customers' by eunchs and prostitutes. They had the audacity to even walk up to a BEST bus stop and harass passangers there. I avoid stopping in this section at any cost.

There is a nice BP pump just a kilometre ahead next to kamal amrohi studio, i frequently use this one.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 14:02   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
This section of JVLR just before you get on the SEEPZ flyover was/is an adda for solicitation of 'customers' by eunchs and prostitutes. They had the audacity to even walk up to a BEST bus stop and harass passangers there. I avoid stopping in this section at any cost.
Now that is something I did not know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
There is a nice BP pump just a kilometre ahead next to kamal amrohi studio, i frequently use this one.

Regards
Vin Diesel
Yeah, I know of this one, but given I've switched the car to a diet of XP95 (or equivalent), I stopped going to this pump. It's a good one though, for sure.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 09:19   #260
BHPian

Although this is a forum for “Trusted Petrol Pumps in Mumbai” I would like to call out a recent experience where I almost got cheated out of ₹500. Mods pls move this to the right forum if needed, as I could not find the one for untrustworthy pumps.

This is at the IOCL at the junction of LBS Road and Madan Mohan Malviya road in Mulund. While filling up over there, the attendant started chatting me up and spun some yarn about having spent some years in my hometown, blah blah blah…
When the time came to pay up they asked me to move ahead to accommodate the next vehicle in the queue while they prepared their card reader.
While paying I realized that what I saw on the pump display was a much smaller amount. The transaction was done, so the attendants now started getting even more creative (Rajkumar Hirani pls note - you have some potential screenwriters here) claiming that I must have misread the number, they are honest working folk, and finally when confronted by physical facts about volumetric capacity, that my car has a bigger gas tank than what the manufacturer claims, and I have actually filled up 50 liters. Standing my ground, I got them to reprint the transactions for the last 10 minutes, and sure enough they had overcharged me by ₹500.
Furious backpedaling and groveling ensued: “honest mistake, sorry, will be extra careful next time” , but it was obviously a well rehearsed and well used scam at this outlet.
I wasn’t in the mood to take this up with the police, so let them go with a strong warning.
Members pls beware of this outlet.
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai-d96ece4d4b1d41f68089210feb97293d.jpeg  

Mustang Sammy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 09:56   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is my go-to pump now for XP95, have filled atleast 4-5 times now, in the last couple of months.

Have found no issues whatsoever till date.

Just once when I was filling diesel in my other car, the attendant was adamant on selling me XtraGreen Diesel which I didn’t want.

Other than that I like the fact that unlike other petrol pumps around they have no space crunch with lines almost reaching the road.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 24th May 2023 at 10:01.
Old 16th August 2023, 10:56   #262
BHPian

Quote:

This is on my way to work and used to fill XP95 for my bike every week. No issue with filling / billing. They also have air filling operational at all times.

Only grouse is with very slow billing as they have a single person fueling as well as billing which makes it a 10-15 min fuel-up time if there is a waiting of 2-3 bikes ahead of you.

Should be quicker for a car as they have sufficient pumps (my observations are limited to morning when I travel to my office).
Malliketh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 19:17   #263
BHPian

Let me start my post with the question and then share the background:

Question - How can we find out list of COCO pumps in Mumbai / Thane / Navi Mumbai (and anywhere else)?

Background: I have been filling diesel in my Rapid from the BPCL pump opposite Platina in BKC for years. Continued the same pump for filling petrol when I moved to Seltos from Rapid in 2019. Then COVID hit and there was more than two years of working from home. The habit changed and I started filling petrol from an Indian Oil pump on Ghodbunder Road, near Tulsidham in Thane.

Roads in Thane city have speed breakers every 50 to 100m. Hence, I could never get an economy figure of more than 9.5kmpl while driving in Thane. On days when I go to office - a drive of 29km each way at non peak hours, the best I could get was between 14kmpl (spirited driving) to 17kmpl (relaxed driving).

A few days back I was low on fuel while leaving office and filled up from the IOCL COCO pump in next to One BKC. As is my usual practice, I filled full talk and then set the accumulated trip meter to zero and started driving back home. It was 4pm and raining. So the drive was a relaxed drive. I was shocked to see the MID when I reached home - it was showing 19.4kmpl!! Since then I have not been to office, so no longish highway drive, but I have been driving within Thane. The MID is showing between 10.4 and 11kmpl for every trip!!

The only explanation I have for this is difference in quality of fuel between my usual pump and the COCO pump. Hence the question in the beginning of this post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks