Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 13:52   #91
BHPian

Petrol pumps in Mumbai

Off late I have been having an issue with the mileage with my NHC, it has dropped from 10.x to 8.x. My driving style hasn’t changed nor the route that i take to work, nor the traffic (mostly, give or take 10 min’s). I got my car checked at the LW Honda and they did not find any issues. Later, speaking to the service advisor, the possibility of the petrol pumps recalibrating the fuel pumps was a topic that came out. I have been keeping a close eye on how much fuel that goes in the car, I think there is some kind menace that is there across some pumps in Mumbai.
Has any one faced in similar issue in Mumbai? If yes how curb this? And nail these guys if they are acting funny?
Old 20th October 2010, 16:26   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Pumps keep a 5 ltr can that customers can ask them to use to prove the quantity calibration. I have used it a couple of times to verify their calibration. Why don't you do it and report.
Old 20th October 2010, 16:36   #93
BHPian

How about switching to a different fuel station and checking if you still get 8.xx? I am assuming your clutch is in good condition. Do you use the tank-full to tank full method or auto cut off while topping fuel? At times, the auto cut off levels could vary largely resulting in large fluctuation in mileage. Might sound trivial but worth checking.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 20th October 2010 at 16:39.
Old 21st October 2010, 13:44   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Pumps keep a 5 ltr can that customers can ask them to use to prove the quantity calibration. I have used it a couple of times to verify their calibration. Why don't you do it and report.
Sure thing will try it out and report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
How about switching to a different fuel station and checking if you still get 8.xx? I am assuming your clutch is in good condition. Do you use the tank-full to tank full method or auto cut off while topping fuel? At times, the auto cut off levels could vary largely resulting in large fluctuation in mileage. Might sound trivial but worth checking.
I use the tank-full to tank full method to arrive at the milage, I have switched pumps, clutch was checked when i went to LW honda and is in good shape, lets see what is it this time from a diffrent pump.

What i have noticed, they have a smart tag's to reset the counters to Zero, there is what i am suspecting the foul can happen. This pertol pump has Honeywell contoller attached to the pumps, could be a code over ride?
Old 29th October 2010, 10:30   #95
BHPian

Today it was time to refuel my NHC, went to same pump in Malad West, they filled up the tank with 39.4 liters of petrol, before he could rest the pipe on the cradle, i asked him to get the 5 liter can and fill it up from 39.4 onwards, my estimate was 30 liters. They took 20 mins to get the can, in the meanwhile the manager came running to inquire what was my issue. Finally when they managed to get the 5 liter can, the manager said that now they can’t fill it from 39.4 onwards, as the Pump stops responding after 30 secs of inactivity. That thought he was bullshitting me!
And an argument on the same, i could sense they are on the back foot. Was asked to come into the manager’s office to sort out the issue. I was adamant, that whatever he wants to say, say it in front from his staff and other customers. Finally, I asked for the Complain book and i registered the complaint. However flipping through the pages, i saw complains that were registered months back with no action for either the dealer nor the company. I intend to call up the Indian Oil Help line and register a complaint with them as well.

However end of the day, these guys are sleazing customers by deliberating the Pumps to make a quick buck. Looking for suggestion from the forum on what are the next steps to ensure that they don’t, rip off people.

If we have any BHPinas in the Malad Area would suggest if someone could also try this out, looking for suggestions.
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:12   #96
BHPian

reliable petrol pump in navi mumbai.

I stay in Kharghar - Navi Mumbai. Looking for your sugesstions on reliable petrol pumps in Navi mumbai - Vashi, Nerul, Belapur etc...

The petrol pump off the Palm Beach Road at Nerul Junction looks good - have not filled it there yet.

Need advice and experiences of members.

Most of the postings here are for Mumbai city.
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:17   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
However end of the day, these guys are sleazing customers by deliberating the Pumps to make a quick buck. Looking for suggestion from the forum on what are the next steps to ensure that they don’t, rip off people.

If we have any BHPinas in the Malad Area would suggest if someone could also try this out, looking for suggestions.
For the benefit of all, can you add the details about this pump in Malad? Someone staying in that area should be able to double check the fuel quantity being pumped there.
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:26   #98
BHPian

[quote=qqplus;2074208]I know its a thread for trusted petrol pumps but I wish to mention 2 of the worse petrol pumps that I came across. They trick you and I have a strong doubt that they put less fuel in ur car than what is displayed on the meter.

1. Thane opp. Eternity Mall (BP) [Generally BP pumps are BAD. My opinion based on experience.]

This one opposite Eternity Mall in Thane is really very BAD. I am damn sure they are cheating customers of filling less petrol. I did experience this last Sunday. Generally I tank up when my car needle reach the fourth line and I fill up around 27-28 liters of Petrol. They showed 33 liters filled. I dont know how do we catch them and make them pay for their misdeeds.
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:33   #99
Senior - BHPian

[quote=aryashiv1;2127030]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqplus View Post
1. Thane opp. Eternity Mall (BP) [Generally BP pumps are BAD. My opinion based on experience.]

This one opposite Eternity Mall in Thane is really very BAD. I am damn sure they are cheating customers of filling less petrol. I did experience this last Sunday. Generally I tank up when my car needle reach the fourth line and I fill up around 27-28 liters of Petrol. They showed 33 liters filled. I dont know how do we catch them and make them pay for their misdeeds.
That pump looks as dead as the graveyard behind it.

Next time go to the IOC bunk on Ghodbunder road. It is just ahead of the traffic signal near Wondermall on the left side. Small pump but Q&Q are very good. Per my experience it is the best bunk in Thane city.

As for BPs look for the 'Pure for Sure' logo, I find them to be very good.
Old 2nd November 2010, 19:35   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast lane View Post
I stay in Kharghar - Navi Mumbai. Looking for your sugesstions on reliable petrol pumps in Navi mumbai - Vashi, Nerul, Belapur etc...

The petrol pump off the Palm Beach Road at Nerul Junction looks good - have not filled it there yet.

Need advice and experiences of members.

Most of the postings here are for Mumbai city.
Oh ya, that's a great pump. Poor service, but good quality 'stuff' '-)
Whenever I take my Fiesta S to Nerul, I fuel up here. Car runs as well on it as some of the other trusted bunks I fuel up at.
Old 3rd November 2010, 01:31   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk2kin View Post
Today it was time to refuel my NHC, went to same pump in Malad West, they filled up the tank with 39.4 liters of petrol, before he could rest the pipe on the cradle, i asked him to get the 5 liter can and fill it up from 39.4 onwards, my estimate was 30 liters. They took 20 mins to get the can, in the meanwhile the manager came running to inquire what was my issue. Finally when they managed to get the 5 liter can, the manager said that now they can’t fill it from 39.4 onwards, as the Pump stops responding after 30 secs of inactivity. That thought he was bullshitting me!
And an argument on the same, i could sense they are on the back foot. Was asked to come into the manager’s office to sort out the issue. I was adamant, that whatever he wants to say, say it in front from his staff and other customers. Finally, I asked for the Complain book and i registered the complaint. However flipping through the pages, i saw complains that were registered months back with no action for either the dealer nor the company. I intend to call up the Indian Oil Help line and register a complaint with them as well.

All Machines are preset With a timer of 30 seconds so if the nozzzle is idle with the Motor running for more than 30 seconds then the Machine automatically switches off, Thats true for most MAchines Except MIDCO machines Which are the double nozzle ones which Look Like ET With the Pipe Coming out from top. The reason Being It doesnt Give adeqaute Time for the Sales boy to shove it into another unsuspecting Customers Tank starting off from where the Previous Customer Left.

Coming to the second point Testing with the 5 litre calibrated Brass Jar is done by resetting the metre to 0.00 Thats the Standard Procedure Followed In the country, If you are ever in doubt about Quantity you can always Demand a 5 Ltr Test with the Calibrated Jar, and no one can refuse to show you.

Also I could'nt Quite Get What you meant when you said that "However end of the day, these guys are sleazing customers by deliberating the Pumps to make a quick buck"
Could You please Elucidate on this.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th November 2013 at 16:30. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 10th November 2010, 11:45   #102
BHPian

Fuel Pumps in Navi Mumbai

on TEAM BHP there are quite a few sugesstions and experinces of good and bad fuel pumps in Mumbai city. However, sadly lacking is he mention of Navi Mumbai - Vashi, Kharghar, Nerul, Airoli etc...

inviting all bhp-ians who have good or bad experince in navi mumbai to please put forth their statements for the assistance of all.

Fuel Pumps in Navi Mumbai

1. Vashi - near the jain temple in sect 8 Vashi. After the Vashi Bus Dept towards Koper Khairne.

2. Near the Vashi Apmc Market junction, where the palm beach road starts towards Nerul-Belapur.

3. Nerul Junction - left off the palm beach road.

4. Belapur Rly Station.

5. Seawoods - off the palm beach road in Seawoods Dharave gaon, on the way to the D mart outlet in Seawoods-Dharave.

6. Near the Palm beach road end at Belapur - towards left from the Belapur-Ulwe(dronagiri road) Junction. Just after the rly flyover going from Belapur towards Nerul sect 21.

7. Kharghar - the only pump in kharghar near sect 21, opp the Kesar Harmony across the road.

8. Any other in Navi Mumbai.
Old 15th November 2010, 09:22   #103
BANNED

For the last few months, I have been filling up at Mastakar Auto Station (Lotus Petrol Pump) at Oshiwara. This is very close to the Infiniti mall on the other side of the road. It's a BP COCO, I think. I have been getting my best average at this pump.
They are also a full fledged service station, though I haven't used this.

Another thing, is that I feel you can't rate a petrol pump in a single filling. You need to fill atleast twice from the same pump to figure out how good it is.
Old 29th November 2010, 19:13   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
The IOC petrol pump at Prabhadevi has HONEST fuel. Just tanked up there twice at successive occasions, and my S is performing flawlessly. No drop in acceleration and good throttle response. I am developing a fondness for this pump.

The Vatcha pump you talk of might be a good pump, but they are very laid back
IOC at Prabhadevi is one of the handfull of Honest Pumps in Mumbai. I am a regular goer at this place for my Bike and Car fill ups, no issues at all.

Vatchas are also to vouch upon and very close to my place as well.
Old 29th November 2010, 19:16   #105
BHPian

Hey Guys,

How about the HP Bunk at the Food Mall at khopoli on the Mumbai Pune Expressway (towards Lonavla)? Any Good/ Bad experience's?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks