Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 15:49   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
They used to have 97 octane petrol way back in 1995
That's really interesting. Just wonder how many cars would have needed 97 octane fuel in 1995 - I don't think there would have been many in those days.

Last edited by bbkp : 4th May 2010 at 15:52.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:57   #17
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkp View Post
That's really interesting. Just wonder how many cars would have needed 97 octane fuel in 1995 - I don't think there would have been many in those days.
Well mumbai still had a good amount of imported cars even from 1970s I guess. Anyway, it is always regular petrol for my car with 1 ml of System G to go in every liter of petrol.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Well mumbai still had a good amount of imported cars even from 1970s I guess. Anyway, it is always regular petrol for my car with 1 ml of System G to go in every liter of petrol.
Hmm - there were imported cars no doubt, but, how many of them actually had a compression ratio that demanded 97 octane fuel is point that still makes me wonder - that too in and around Vikhroli back in 1995.

It is like we are talking about a compression ratio of 13 or 14 times which would need 97 octane and that's quite close to low end diesel engines.

System G rocks no doubt.
Old 4th May 2010, 17:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

A good one is the BP pure for sure just before the Matunga circle on your left when travelling from Dadar towards Matunga/Sion. You can spot this easily as they have a few of the dispensing hoses hung from the roof with meters mounted next to the nozzles.

Another one is the IOC pump called Top Gear at Kemps corner/Warden road(the road names might be wrong). This has an 'akberally's outlet on the premises and has another BP or HP outlet bang across the road.

How about Navi Mumbai. I am searching for a good pump ever since the Shell at Airoli was shut down.
Old 5th May 2010, 01:41   #20
BHPian

One pump to AVOID would be Vikram Petrol Pump on Juhu-Versova Link Road, close to Seven Bungalows where the streetside car repairwallahs have taken over the footpaths (and half the road). Mileage used to be suspect two years ago, and unless things have changed since, it's better to look elsewhere. I started going to the IOC pump in Juhu opposite JW Marriott and it seems a lot better.
Old 5th May 2010, 03:28   #21
BHPian

A few of my regular pumps
The COCO pump opp Lotus pump near lokhandwala, I believe it is a IOC pump.
The pump opp Matoshree Club on JVLR.
Also trust IBP, on Malad S.V. Road, on the LHS, travelling up north ,just before malad staion,

@bbkp - Would you please guide me to this pump -opposite Dindhoshi Bus Depot - I think it's name starts with Taximen

Thanks
Old 5th May 2010, 08:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

A couple of pumps to avoid in Thane are
1) BPCL, Manpada signal. The mere look at the way the station is maintained is enough for someone to overlook. Ideally occupied by Rickshaw's and the shady looking tempos
2) HPCL, Kasarvadavali next to Hypercity. When the first time I pulled at this station, there were no attendants at the pumps. There wer busy sipping tea at the nearby tea stall. When I approached them for petrol, the attendants advised me against fueling for new cars. Made a scoot from there.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
@bbkp - Would you please guide me to this pump -opposite Dindhoshi Bus Depot - I think it's name starts with Taximen

Thanks
No wonders that you end up missing it - It is small one and driving in and out of it is an exercise in itself - However, it is worth it.

- Proceed onto AK Vaidhya Marg (Dindoshi main road), cross dindoshi bus depot (for the first time it is better to go to the point where the divider in the road ends and you are well into Gokuldham.

- Take a U-turn and drive slowly on the left most lane - While going back you will see that about 50-100 meters before the Dindoshi bus depot on the otherside, you will spot this small petrol pump.

Size can be misleading, but, this is one of the best bunks I have come across - My Swift use to love it when I use to stay in Kandivli and frequent this bunk.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
A couple of pumps to avoid in Thane are
1) BPCL, Manpada signal. The mere look at the way the station is maintained is enough for someone to overlook. Ideally occupied by Rickshaw's and the shady looking tempos.
That is seriously shady place - Those it is bang on the main road, it still resembles a 'not safe to venture in the dark' kind of place - really shady. The nearby bars add up as special effects.

What confuses me the most is that Thane and especially Majiwada being the zero mile of major highways, the decent bunks close by 11:00-11:30 PM - It really confuses me. What is more of a shocker is that the last show @ Cinemax starts after these bunks close - Just to put things in perspective - this in a place like Thane is unbelievable.

Last edited by bbkp : 5th May 2010 at 09:46.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Another one is the IOC pump called Top Gear at Kemps corner/Warden road(the road names might be wrong). This has an 'akberally's outlet on the premises and has another BP or HP outlet bang across the road.
Yuppp, @holysmoke also recommended this one
Old 24th May 2010, 14:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
A few of my regular pumps
The COCO pump opp Lotus pump near lokhandwala, I believe it is a IOC pump.
The pump opp Matoshree Club on JVLR.
Also trust IBP, on Malad S.V. Road, on the LHS, travelling up north ,just before malad staion,

Thanks
Hey Dude,

I think you should read this post of mine about the Indian Oil pump which is opposite the Lotus Pump near Lokhandwala.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post1754475

It's post no 318.
Old 25th May 2010, 10:39   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Two pumps I swear by:

- IOC petrol pump opposite Siddhi Vinayak Temple, Prabhadevi. On the LHS side, when driving northward. This is my regular tank-up spot.
@GTO, I entered this pump, to tank up, but didnt, when I realized this was a dealership, and not company owned.

To confirm location - is this the one on cadell rd, on LHS driving towards Bandra, 50 meters after siddhivinayak signal?

In my experience, fantastic pumps, have always been company-owned. But I'm curious to try these guys too

Amit
Old 25th May 2010, 18:56   #28
BHPian

Thanks for the eye-opener Wolfheart, from your incident, its pretty obvious, its a racket involving every one.

Guess will be all attn on the pump, while fueling up, and not wait on the wheel while these guys stick the pipe in the tank.
Old 26th May 2010, 09:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Godrej pump at Vikroli is one of the best, as another member has already posted. The only problem is it closes down at 9pm, quite early for regular motorists.

Another one is the Patel Auto petrol pump at Goregaon. I used to be a regular at a patrol pump at Andheri W, next to Apna Bazar on JP Road, near the Indian Oil Nagar signal.
Old 1st June 2010, 20:11   #30
BHPian

The HP pump at BKC and the IOC pump at the left corner when near Sahar are reliable.
magiceye is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks