Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 20:19   #31
BHPian

BKC HP is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiceye View Post
The HP pump at BKC and the IOC pump at the left corner when near Sahar are reliable.

HP back side of IF&FS is good, and the one towards Kalina the one with a Subway/Cafe Coffee Day is good too, I have never had any problems, been using it for about 2 years.!!
Old 1st June 2010, 20:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Guys,
I stay in Colaba, and I wanted to know a good reliable petrol pump that stocks regular diesel. Any suggestions?
Most of the pumps stock premium diesel, so I am having an issue with this.

Thanks,
i usually fill up from the petrol station between indigo deli and regal , near gateway . they have normal. plain diesel .
Just dont give them your car to drive (GTO mercedes front driver side door incident)
Mad Monkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2010, 21:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Two pumps I swear by:

- IOC petrol pump opposite Siddhi Vinayak Temple, Prabhadevi. On the LHS side, when driving northward. This is my regular tank-up spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post
@GTO, I entered this pump, to tank up, but didnt, when I realized this was a dealership, and not company owned.

To confirm location - is this the one on cadell rd, on LHS driving towards Bandra, 50 meters after siddhivinayak signal?

In my experience, fantastic pumps, have always been company-owned. But I'm curious to try these guys too

Amit
Even I get my fuelling done from this pump. Yes Amit, you are spot on with the location.

Its a no-nonsense 24x7 bunk and *touchwood* fair and honest.

My last bad experience was with BP pump in Ballard Estate (at the corner, just next to KS Motorsports fuel station). They are no doubt a bunch of thugs. Cheating in quantity, adulteration and what have you. It got so bad that they were shut for a few months last year when BP got to know their habits.
Old 1st June 2010, 21:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
A good one is the BP pure for sure just before the Matunga circle on your left when travelling from Dadar towards Matunga/Sion. You can spot this easily as they have a few of the dispensing hoses hung from the roof with meters mounted next to the nozzles.

Another one is the IOC pump called Top Gear at Kemps corner/Warden road(the road names might be wrong). This has an 'akberally's outlet on the premises and has another BP or HP outlet bang across the road.

How about Navi Mumbai. I am searching for a good pump ever since the Shell at Airoli was shut down.
Though I live in Vashi, I have filled at quite a few places.
1. The NGB HP pump in Nerul near the Bombay High and Seawoods signal is pretty decent.Did not have any underfill incidents.No nitrogen.
2. Switched to Gian HP pump in Nerul on the uran Phata side. Clean fuel and highly recommended. No nitrogen.
3. The HP on the Uran Phata road is highly avoidable. Generally infested by truckies and the petrol is not particularly fancied by most I know. Gian seems to the hot favorite many folks who swear by it.
4. The IOCL pump at LP junction near Nerul flyover is quite good. On my recent trip to Goa, I pumped in the XtraPremium as usual and I got amazing,unbelievable mileage of 17.2 kmpl. (409km/23.75lt. Yeah! even I could not believe it considering my regular is around 12-14) The car ran all the way to Ratnagiri via Ganpatipule on a single tank. My current bunk.
5. The IOCL pump at APMC road, just started vending XtraPremium. So will try it out next time
6. The Vashi fuels HP pump near the Gaodevi mandir on the Vashi main road, is pretty decent too.No complaints there.Always crowded though

@khoj - I dont think there are many pumps on the thane-belapur road. There is one BP near Mhape flyover, which I am told is pretty decent in its fuels.
longford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:20   #35
BHPian

This is for regular petrol.

In Colaba, BP bunk near the Gateway behind Regal Cinema is good. I got good FE and smooth drive.

The other superb bunk tried is the BP at King's Circle. Just before the circle when going from Dadar to King's Circle.

I was not happy with the HP bunk at Khopoli wile going to Pune. Nothing against HP as there are good HP bunks too.
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Godrej petrol pump ,Vikhroli .I used to drive through the LBS from Kanjur Marg to Ghatkopar just to do a full tank at this petrol pump.

They used to have 97 octane petrol way back in 1995
+1 to that. even i drive all the way from powai to vikhroli to fill diesel even though i have these bunks near my residence-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkp View Post
The other places where I had a bad experience were:

2. The one opposite IIT Main Gate
3. The one at Gandhinagar Junction on LBS Road.
again +1 to that. never visit the above two bunks.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:57   #37
BHPian

i would like to recommend my regular bunk near charni road station (east).
This one is on opposite side of Roxy Cinema. It will be on your left when you are heading from South to North via the charni road station road.

These guys are real genuine ones i have seen in the charni road area.
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:43   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Can anyone give directions on how to reach the Godrej petrol pump from the Eastern Express Highway?
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
The Bandra HP pump at the junction where Linking Road and SV road get segregatted is my safest bet since our ambbasador times . It is reffered as badaa pump. I don t think there might be much cheating stories there . They don't bother selling you premium fuels . Many pumps try to do the same
I agree with this.

I also frequent the HP petrol pump at Oshiwara junction.

Another frequent tank up joint is The HP Pump at BKC opposite ICICI Bank and HP pump at Sakinaka Junction, Andheri(E).
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Can anyone give directions on how to reach the Godrej petrol pump from the Eastern Express Highway?
When you are driving from mulund to ghatkopar on the E.E. highway, turn right to powai (from under the flyover). after the turn, go straight till you approach a flyover. do not take the flyover, keep left. under the flyover's signal, take the left turn. you have reached L.B.S. marg. go straight for about 2-3 kms & ask anyone for Godrej petrol pump. it will be on your left side.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:34   #41
BHPian

Bharat Petroleum

Guys, we have been visiting the Bharat petroleum pump at Wadala 4 roads (Uganda petrol pump), near Chinar building. This is the only place we get all our vehicles filled with speed. From what I recollect, its been over 25 years now right from the time my grandfather had his first vehicle we visit this pump.
The guys here are friendly and fair in their dealings. Highly recommended by me
hvishwanathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:57   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.faramroze View Post
The one on LHS soon after crossing the worli seaface bridge near atria mall.
+1 to that. (The one that comes before Atria as soon as you take the right from Mela Restaraunt i.e - the end of sea face)
Always fill up there. Excellent service & have never had any problems till date.

PS - Have heard a lot of people on the forum recommending System G (even on the first page of this thread). Could someone explain why & where to get it in South Mumbai?
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:17   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
HP pump at Sakinaka Junction, Andheri(E).
Is this the HP Pump you get on your left hand side if you are driving from Sakinaka to Andheri(E)

How is the IOC near Sahar Cargo terminal.
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:33   #44
BHPian

Adarsh Petrolpump (BP) on Nehru Road - Vile parle East is one of the best pumps with good service & quality. The only problem is they do not have normal Diesel with them.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:52   #45
BHPian

I live in Thane and drive to Mumbai everyday (earlier to vikhroli and anow to Goregaon). A lot of the fuel bunks I use have already been mentioned in this thread, so i'll weigh in with comments on 'em

Quote:
The other places where I had a bad experience were:
1. The bunk opposite to the new Kalpataru buildings on JVLR (the first one that comes up while going from Jogeshwari to Powai)
Is this the IOC one? If so, could you please let me know what went wrong for you there? I filled up a few times from here and haven't had any probs in service or fuel, yet. I'd like to know what to watch out for :S

Quote:
I had a good experience at the bunk opposite Matoshree building and near Kamal Amrohi studio on JVLR - that is a very good one.
I haven't tried this one yet, will give it a go on my next tankfull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Godrej petrol pump ,Vikhroli .I used to drive through the LBS from Kanjur Marg to Ghatkopar just to do a full tank at this petrol pump.
I can fully endorse this one, I was using it for the better part of the last 3 years and had a good experience each time. Only problem is that it closes by 9pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I am regular at the Majiwada BPCL. I have been filling at this petrol pump for the last 4 years and can vouch on their service and quality.
The few times i've filled up in Thane has been at this bunk and I can vouch for it too.

Quote:
No wonders that you end up missing it - It is small one and driving in and out of it is an exercise in itself - However, it is worth it.
hey, I travel to Dindoshi everyday, i'll try this bunk too. Thanks for the tip

A bunk I have used a couple of times has been the bunk just before the Aarey flyover when travelling towards borivali. The service was awful, attendants least bothered about customers, but I didnt find anything wrong with the fuel. Car pickup was normal and normal FE as well.

A bunk to avoid is the one at Vitava, on the Thane - Belapur road. They regularly cheat when you fill up for a fixed amount (as experienced by myself and a couple of friends). The main attendant is filling slowly while the others try to distract you and then you suddenly realize that the filling has been completed and the meter reset to zero even! I raised a ruckus when it happened to me. Got the manager to add Rs. 200 worth of more fuel. I suspected the attendant had filled only till ~Rs 750-800/- and when I was distracted reset the meter and said "ho gaya". I had paid for Rs. 1000/-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks