Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 16:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
+1 to that. (The one that comes before Atria as soon as you take the right from Mela Restaraunt i.e - the end of sea face)
Always fill up there. Excellent service & have never had any problems till date.

PS - Have heard a lot of people on the forum recommending System G (even on the first page of this thread). Could someone explain why & where to get it in South Mumbai?
My experiences at this Pump, Have been Bad. Some years back my Jag packed up because of Moisture in the Petrol from this pump, and now dont trust even their quantity.
Old 14th June 2010, 16:51   #62
BHPian

Bad experience at HP Shivaji Park

Yesterday I wanted to have the air pressure checked and drove in to the HP petrol pump in Shivaji Park (on the left hand side if you are travelling from Prabhadevi to Mahim; it has a Crossword outlet).

First there was no one manning the air gauge, although there were attendants around, some of whom ( I counted three) who were idling. Since I was in a queue and nothing happened for about 5-7 minutes, I parked my car on the street adjacent to the pump, went inside Crossword and spent about 20 odd minutes there.

Then I sauntered back and asked the attendant nearby if the air pressure will be checked or not. After hearing a yes, I brought my car again and waited for 5 minutes for any attendant to check the air pressure. Some of them saw the car but none bothered to respond. Not all were busy.

I had filled up diesel many times on my way back from south Bombay after work as it is located in a very convenient spot.

Not any more.

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 14th June 2010 at 16:53.
Old 14th June 2010, 23:38   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
My experiences at this Pump, Have been Bad. Some years back my Jag packed up because of Moisture in the Petrol from this pump, and now dont trust even their quantity.
Must have been a one off instance Scooby. I recommend them as ive been using solely this Pump since the past couple of years now. They are always courteous, always tap on the window to show me the meter reset to zero (even when im not paying attention), and clean the windshield & glasses when its dirty.

With regards to quality of fuel, ive never had any fuel related problems in different cars fuelled up here.

Finally, with regards to their quantity, im sure its accurate as i always reset the tripmeter when i fuel & check how much its run on my next refuel before resetting it. Had the same readings always (and in sync with the FE i should get).

Quite possibly, the management & staff mustve changed since your encounter a few years back

On another note, your Jag ran on normal fuel? i.e. no higher octane required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Have heard a lot of people on the forum recommending System G (even on the first page of this thread). Could someone explain why & where to get it in South Mumbai?
Could someone answer the question above? Am wondering about the advantages.

Last edited by Xehaust : 14th June 2010 at 23:48.
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:07   #64
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
When you are driving from mulund to ghatkopar on the E.E. highway, turn right to powai (from under the flyover). after the turn, go straight till you approach a flyover. do not take the flyover, keep left. under the flyover's signal, take the left turn. you have reached L.B.S. marg. go straight for about 2-3 kms & ask anyone for Godrej petrol pump. it will be on your left side.
I went to what I think was the Godrej Petrol Pump - I assume it was Godrej Petrol Pump - the only sign of Godrej anyway was in the carwash which was labelled Godrej Carwash. I went there at 9:00 pm on Saturday and it was closed - any idea what time this closes?

Also from the EE highway travelling from Mulund to Ghatkopar - would it be better to the Jogeshwari Link road exit or the Vikhroli Station exit. If Vikhroli station exit, then should I be taking a left or a right once I reach LBS marg?
Old 25th June 2010, 08:43   #65
BHPian

I stay in Bhandup and the Vikhroli Godrej (LBS) Petrol pump is very good.

Also Dadar Taximans Petrol pump is know for maintaining good quality. (in the lane before Chitra Cinema)

"Also from the EE highway travelling from Mulund to Ghatkopar - would it be better to the Jogeshwari Link road exit or the Vikhroli Station exit. If Vikhroli station exit, then should I be taking a left or a right once I reach LBS marg?"

Take the jogeshwari exit and then go left under the Gandhinagar bridge. Travel for 2-3 kms and the pump will be on the left.

I have not seen the vikhroli station exit - there is one exit at ghatkopar and it is far away from the pump.

Last edited by Slick : 25th June 2010 at 08:47.
Old 25th June 2010, 13:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Vile parle pawan hans area

Around the vile parle (w) area SV road close to Pawan hans ,the safest i feel is the HP pump.Have been filling there
for the past 1 year and no issues.Used to fill up from the Vile parle (e) earlier but gave that up due to having to drive east just to fuel up.

Avoid the other 2 pumps on west , one is Indian oil on the side adjacent to pawan hans as i feel that the pumps are rigged
with them displaying more quantity of fuel then delivered.

Also avoid the little ahead towards Andheri, patco station,next to the signal for mithibai college,as they pump out adulterated fuel as i found out the hard way years ago.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:52   #67
Senior - BHPian

one pump that I have gotten to trust in terms of quality is the Satnam service station pump (BP) at teh start of the Andheri Kurla road in Andheri east. this pump is just off teh Metro construction and has an entrance under teh metro track marked for the pump.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:46   #68
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Any ideas about the BPCL petrol pump below the Gandhinagar flyover near Kanjurmarg. How is the quality of fuel dispensed.
I have to seriously start thinking of refulling in Mumbai coz it cheaper than in Thane. The fuel sold in Thane is costlier by two rupees than that sold in Mumbai. Its 57+ in Thane. God help Thaneites.
Old 29th June 2010, 01:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys,

Any ideas about the BPCL petrol pump below the Gandhinagar flyover near Kanjurmarg. How is the quality of fuel dispensed.
I have to seriously start thinking of refulling in Mumbai coz it cheaper than in Thane.
I'd filled up there once long back because the godrej fuel bunk was closed by then (post 9pm). I dont remember much about it which means it must have been just ok. I dont like the location because I need to cut right across the road to take the JVLR to the EEH.

Quote:
The fuel sold in Thane is costlier by two rupees than that sold in Mumbai. Its 57+ in Thane. God help Thaneites
Yes, I realised this a few years ago and have been filling up in Mumbai almost everytime. The difference used to be ~Rs 1/- before the latest fuel price hike. Nowadays if I fill up in thane (dont do a tankfull either), it mostly because i'm desperately short of fuel and not going into Mumbai anytime soon.

I guess you might find recommended fuel bunks in this thread which are on your daily route.
Old 29th June 2010, 10:29   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Two pumps I swear by:

- IOC petrol pump opposite Siddhi Vinayak Temple, Prabhadevi. On the LHS side, when driving northward. This is my regular tank-up spot.

- "Vatcha petrol Pump" when taking a left on Peddar Road (north bound again) from Babulnath.

The Shell pump at Linking Road, Bandra, is pretty good too.
The IOC petrol pump at Prabhadevi has HONEST fuel. Just tanked up there twice at successive occasions, and my S is performing flawlessly. No drop in acceleration and good throttle response. I am developing a fondness for this pump.

The Vatcha pump you talk of might be a good pump, but they are very laid back
Old 29th June 2010, 13:33   #71
BHPian

Are there any shell pumps in Mumbai between worli to Mahim. I usually fill up from the BP pump opposite Shiv-Sena bhavan and was interested in a reliable pump near by in addition to the IOC pump.Could anyone tell if they are better than BP??

Last edited by MihirC : 29th June 2010 at 13:35.
Old 29th June 2010, 15:31   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Are there any shell pumps in Mumbai between worli to Mahim. I usually fill up from the BP pump opposite Shiv-Sena bhavan and was interested in a reliable pump near by in addition to the IOC pump.Could anyone tell if they are better than BP??
I don't think there are any Shell Pumps left in Mumbai, most of them have shutdown. Now with the deregulation on Petrol Prices hopefully we should see the private players re-opening pumps.
Old 29th June 2010, 16:16   #73
Senior - BHPian

The indian oil petrol pump in vikhroli at the corner of the junction towards Kailash Plaza. I have observed that my scorpio behaves the best when it runs on the diesel from this pump.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:21   #74
BHPian

I tanked up at the Kings Circle bunk the other day seeing positive reviews here (is on your left ~50 feet before King's Circle when you are going north from Dadar towards Sion). It was a fine experience, but it wasnt actually a COCO. Is called Amar Pump, and is a BP Pure for Sure pump.

I figured that HP runs a COCO on Port Trust Road between Wadala and Sewri. Haven't been there though. I am told this is the only HP COCO in town apart from one in BKC. Anybody has more information on COCOs?
Old 14th July 2010, 10:34   #75
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Yesterday I wanted to have the air pressure checked and drove in to the HP petrol pump in Shivaji Park (on the left hand side if you are travelling from Prabhadevi to Mahim; it has a Crossword outlet).
You are talking about the Cadell Auto Pump. They have a very good reputation. Honest chaps, no chance of fuel adulteration. However, the staff is severely over-worked, especially in the evenings. That explains the poor customer service you received.

Most Viewed