Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 12:17   #106
BHPian

Brand new car ,
I used HP Regular Petrol from Chembur bunk and within some weeks of inital ownership,
shifted to IOC on persistance of lag , drop in power and to mention a pal with his insight and follower of IOC extramile
in his VERNA and OPTRA (extrapremium) influenced me towards them.

FEW PUMPS where i have had TOPPED UP GAS :::

IOC Vikhroli (W) named as Gulati Service Center is OK and their service is Naggy if not Rude.
24*7 pump , air is available 24*7 mostly you have to nag them to do so , they hardly care except if you have a C- class

** I fill Regular Petrol only at these Locations**

IOC Ghatkopar (e) named as Ravi Auto Services and has incorported Maruti Driving School is the Best ,
good clean and hassel free movement so far. This is a 24*7 pump however pressurized air closes by 11 pm

IOC Chembur (Poonam Auto Services) Next to TaraPunjab Restaurant is
EXCELLENT in SERVICE and source Genuine Fuel each time

IOC coco pump Sahar road , Owned by IOC (24*7 pump with Air Check)
Very best fuel mileage and prompt action upon parking - - IT's RECOMMENDED

I hope this helps

Regards
TND

Last edited by torqueyTND : 30th November 2010 at 12:28. Reason: Additions & typos
torqueyTND is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2010, 12:34   #107
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
IOC Ghatkopar (e) named as Ravi Auto Services and has incorported Maruti Driving School is the Best ,
good clean and hassel free movement so far. This is a 24*7 pump however pressurized air closes by 11 pm
This is the one opposite Shopper's Stop, right? It's not just a Maruti Driving School, but also a M.A.S.S.
Old 10th February 2011, 15:02   #108
BHPian

Re: Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai

I regularly fill from Mastakar (Lotus) on Link Road since it's near my residence. I even tried the IOC opposite to Mastakar on my Accent but there was a lot of 'engine knocking' as if the car was lugging even in low gears, so I have not gone back.

The only time I have had major problems was with the IOC opp Bandra Masjid on SV Road.

The guys there had shortchanged me twice and although the bill read a higher quantity my fuel gauge reading had dropped sooner than expected.

I had gone back to complain and it became an issue with the fuel station manager offering to refund etc but unwlling to explain.

The guy who had filled (and I recognized him) even refused saying he was not on duty and there was another employee's ID mentioned on my bill; who apparently was on leave. Well, it was a long story and what I deduced was they were using another employee's swipe card on a machine which they were filling from whilst they showed 'zero' on the adjacent terminal. (yes, something like that)

The pump sees many cars on evenings and almost all are in a hurry to get in and get out fast. This was my observation whilst there. (almost all drivers were honking and queued up)

I had even written to IOC but there was no response.

Personally I look for BP with 'Pure For Sure' as first preference followed by IOC. I avoid HP outlets completely; unless of course strapped for options (read fuel).
Old 10th February 2011, 15:21   #109
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
I regularly fill from Mastakar (Lotus) on Link Road since it's near my residence.
In my opinion, this is the best petrol pump. I get an increase of 1 km/litre when I fill here as compared to any other petrol pump, I have tried(I have also tried Godrej Vikhroli!).
Old 29th March 2011, 18:05   #110
BHPian

I checked out the link posted by Khoj earlier for the list of COCO pumps.

Need help if anyone knows of 'Pure For Sure' pump arounds Andheri W?

Run into some trouble with my car today.

Briefly put it's my Cedia which just died on starting up due to a fuel pump failure which is not covered under warranty only in Mumbai owing to higher adulteration and the fuel pump part costs 7k.

Thank God for the little interventions and for this time it is being done under warranty, as a goodwill gesture since my Red's only 2 months, but I would like to be 'SURE' in future.

So do let me know. I have quite a mind of switching to Speed for good.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:26   #111
Senior - BHPian

Speed is normal fuel with some additives thrown in, not worth the money they are charging. Just lookout for good clean fuel pumps with modern dispensers and use them. The 'Pure for sure" ones have the PforS logo on their sign boards, which is essentially a palm with the index finger rolled over the thumb and the remaining three standing straight up to indicate 'good' or 'badiya'.

The adulteration if we can call it that these days at least in metro cities is limited to the volume being dispensed. However in Bombay I see more old seedy looking petrol pumps than anywhere else at least in the western, central and northern parts of the country.
Old 29th March 2011, 23:18   #112
BHPian

Thanks again khoj, it is a grave concern for me now.

I have been told by the Autodrome guy Saurabh that the IOC pump opposite Mastakar (my usual BP) happens to be COCO.

Will give it a try for sometime though.
Old 8th April 2011, 13:26   #113
BHPian

So went to my usual BP, Mastakar i.e. on Link Road, Andheri W, better known as Lotus Petrol Pump too.

Asked for a measure and blotting/filter test, and was told that the "manager's not around, hence cannot be done"; asked for the shift supervisor and was introduced to one Upadhyay, who said they dont keep either of these items.

Surprising for a PFS not to have a 5 litre can or a leaf of blotting paper! And I had been fuelling here religiously past over 2 years.

It was about 11pm last night and the pump was doing brisk even then, so did not appreciate the fact that "test can happen tomorrow morning maybe."

Went across the road to IOC, checked and rightly so it is a COCO.

Made the same demand as at the BP, and was readily given a heap of blotting paper and a measure.

Tested, and the blotting paper dried up just fine.

Tanked up, and will not be returning to Mastakar BPCL anymore.
Old 9th April 2011, 02:39   #114
Senior - BHPian

Do get their complaint book and file a strongly worded one. It will be a service to all.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:31   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post

Went across the road to IOC, checked and rightly so it is a COCO.

Made the same demand as at the BP, and was readily given a heap of blotting paper and a measure.

Tested, and the blotting paper dried up just fine.

Tanked up, and will not be returning to Mastakar BPCL anymore.
There are three pumps in that area. You have mentioned two. The third is below Tarapore Towers (Rajendra Service Station).

I never tank up at Mastakar after I found that I was not getting proper mileage. I shifted to the IOC COCO which you mentioned and have been tanking up there since 2006 . If I am unable to go to IOC COCO, I prefer Rajendra Service Station which is almost next door to me.
No issues so far at both the places.

Last edited by @Chaand : 9th April 2011 at 10:35.
Old 10th May 2011, 20:11   #116
BHPian

Guys, any good pumps near wadala ?
Sorry if this has been answered before
Old 16th May 2011, 11:28   #117
BHPian

Hi

I am in Navi Mumbai.Any guide on which petrol pumps in Vashi / Nerul / Kharghar to trust with good fuel?

I fill from the HP ust outside Nerul-Belapur boundry on the road leading to Ulwe/dronagiri - it has always been good fuel.

Also the pump on the LHS on the kharhar - Panvel highway, just at the Taloja junction under the flyover - it also has good fuel quality and is octroi exempt too.

any experiences - please let us all know.
Old 16th May 2011, 12:50   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Guys, any good pumps near wadala ?
Sorry if this has been answered before
No idea about any pump in Wadala, but the one under the Sion bridge is quite famous.
Old 16th May 2011, 13:53   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast lane View Post
Also the pump on the LHS on the kharhar - Panvel highway, just at the Taloja junction under the flyover - it also has good fuel quality and is octroi exempt too.
For starters, all pumps in Navi Mumbai are exempt from octroi. The pump you mention above is exempt from 1% Navi Mumbai Municipality CESS.

I however have always seen my vehicles average drop every time I have filled up from this pump. With this experience being spread over 6 years and three different cars I would not recommend this pump to anyone. Mind you this refers to Petrol.

The best pump in Navi Mumbai thus far is the HP 24 hours pump in Vashi bang opposite the Gaon-Devi temple, which itself is smack bang in the middle of the road that comes from Vashi station and cuts through the heart of Vashi to continue towards Koparkhairane.

Been using the pump for 8 years now. Back then it used to have a tin shed for an office with only 2 vends. Today it has a two floor structure, multiple vends including two just for CNG, vending machines for soft drinks, small eats, couple of ATMs, a PUC vend and a N2 vend. Mind you they used to accept CCs even when all three partner/owners were operating out of the tin shed. The only downside is that it is crowded from morning to night. I usually go there around midnight or even later and have my rides needs tended to at a more relaxed pace.

Another pump that I would like to caution you guys about is the BP Pure for Sure on Palm beach road. This is on the left hand side coming from Vashi and going toward Belapur, just after the Nerul traffic signal. This one displays the pure for sure signage but the quantity dispensed is less than what shows up on the display. I have filled four times from here in the recent past (it is a new pump) and every time there has been a drop in milage.

Do note that this is my first experience of a BP 'Pure for Sure' pump giving less than displayed quantity of fuel. On my highway trips I consciously seek out BP Pure for Sure pumps and have never had a bad experience with these outlets even in the remotest of locations. Well seems another icon bites the dus.

A blot on BP's face/reputation for sure.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 15:18   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
For starters, all pumps in Navi Mumbai are exempt from octroi. The pump you mention above is exempt from 1% Navi Mumbai Municipality CESS.

I however have always seen my vehicles average drop every time I have filled up from this pump. With this experience being spread over 6 years and three different cars I would not recommend this pump to anyone. Mind you this refers to Petrol.

The best pump in Navi Mumbai thus far is the HP 24 hours pump in Vashi bang opposite the Gaon-Devi temple, which itself is smack bang in the middle of the road that comes from Vashi station and cuts through the heart of Vashi to continue towards Koparkhairane.

Been using the pump for 8 years now. Back then it used to have a tin shed for an office with only 2 vends. Today it has a two floor structure, multiple vends including two just for CNG, vending machines for soft drinks, small eats, couple of ATMs, a PUC vend and a N2 vend. Mind you they used to accept CCs even when all three partner/owners were operating out of the tin shed. The only downside is that it is crowded from morning to night. I usually go there around midnight or even later and have my rides needs tended to at a more relaxed pace.

Another pump that I would like to caution you guys about is the BP Pure for Sure on Palm beach road. This is on the left hand side coming from Vashi and going toward Belapur, just after the Nerul traffic signal. This one displays the pure for sure signage but the quantity dispensed is less than what shows up on the display. I have filled four times from here in the recent past (it is a new pump) and every time there has been a drop in milage.

Do note that this is my first experience of a BP 'Pure for Sure' pump giving less than displayed quantity of fuel. On my highway trips I consciously seek out BP Pure for Sure pumps and have never had a bad experience with these outlets even in the remotest of locations. Well seems another icon bites the dus.

A blot on BP's face/reputation for sure.
Add to that my BP experience and it makes for a bigger blot already.

Point to mention here is the IOC on JVLR opposite Majas Bus Depot, they have deployed new machines which show the 'density' of fuel being dispensed in your vehicle.

First time I saw such a gauge on a vending machine.

Most Viewed