Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 17:48   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Add to that my BP experience and it makes for a bigger blot already.
That it most certainly does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Point to mention here is the IOC on JVLR opposite Majas Bus Depot, they have deployed new machines which show the 'density' of fuel being dispensed in your vehicle.

First time I saw such a gauge on a vending machine.
I have seen this type of machine only once. I can't seem to recall whether it is at the HP one at the beginning of the Jaipur bypass when travelling towards Bombay, the IOC one near my office in Delhi or the BP pure for sure at Amar Mahal in Ghatkopar. Good pumps all three but most probably it should be at the IOC pump.

A welcome development though and I hope that not only does this catch on but is made mandatory.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 00:49   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Guys, any good pumps near wadala ?
Sorry if this has been answered before
I just saw your post . If you are referring to Wadala (E) around Dosti Acres then there are a couple [ HPCL and BPCL] on the road that leads to BPT toll road - both of them are COCO and good . I have used the HPCL one many times (its bang opposite a small level crossing ) and can vouch for its quality. Used the BPCL one also a few times, never faced any problems. The HPCl outlet has testing equipments ready if you so desire to test the quality of the fuel.
Old 24th May 2011, 08:41   #123
BHPian

@fast lane, there is a new IOC opened in Kharghar Sector-14 behind Raghunath Vihar. This is bang opposite Reliance Fresh (Sector-19) on the road going eastwards from Shilp Chowk. The pump has digital density display included along with fuel amount and fuel cost. I have not done any FE checking yet, but going by feel of the drive, the fuel quality seems fine to me.

Drive safe, or take the bus.
gostel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 11:55   #124
BHPian

Hi,
Always doing a full tank, all these years, I have been mostly filling at Unique Filling IOCL on right side of Mira-Bhayander road. Sometimes I have also tried at BPCL, one on left side going on same road towards Bhayander. My last two filling of HiSpeed Diesel was at BPCL Kashimira (opp Maruti Laxmi Cars).

Frankly, I couldnt spot a difference, I have heard multiple stories of all these bunks.

Gurus, could you guide me for the best bunk in Mira Road for Diesel in my Xylo.

thanks,
Pranav
Old 30th May 2011, 19:42   #125
BHPian

Pump on LHS of cadell rd, dadar just after passing siddhivinayak
* Have used them for 2 years, but dont find good anymore. Feels mediocre.

My car flies after fueling from IOC COCO (below marine drive flyover)

So I called IOC and chatted with manager, who suggested using following pumps

COCO Pumps
1. Breach Candy: Opposite InStyle. On LHS, just-after signal, when making left from Napeansea road.
2. Sahar airport: 1km after West Exp highway, when we make left at signal to proceed towards airport. At that signal

Private but good
1. Worli: LHS just before Atria mall when going south. Sah and Sanghvi owned
2. Worli: LHS after Atria when going south
Old 18th July 2011, 14:22   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostel View Post
@fast lane, there is a new IOC opened in Kharghar Sector-14 behind Raghunath Vihar. This is bang opposite Reliance Fresh (Sector-19) on the road going eastwards from Shilp Chowk. The pump has digital density display included along with fuel amount and fuel cost. I have not done any FE checking yet, but going by feel of the drive, the fuel quality seems fine to me.

Drive safe, or take the bus.
Gostel,

I would recommend staying away from this pump for now , as I have done 2 tankfulls from this pump and have noticed that the Turbo boost has reduced considerably in my 3 months old SX4 DDIS which is basically because of adulterated Diesel, also this pump was in the news recently as their underground tanks got flooded with rain water due to which there was reported water mixing in with the fuel in the tanks.
Old 18th July 2011, 19:10   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Gostel,

I would recommend staying away from this pump for now , as I have done 2 tankfulls from this pump and have noticed that the Turbo boost has reduced considerably in my 3 months old SX4 DDIS which is basically because of adulterated Diesel, also this pump was in the news recently as their underground tanks got flooded with rain water due to which there was reported water mixing in with the fuel in the tanks.
Yes Peter, I concur with you on this recent development. The pump is managed by the family of a constable who lost his life in the 23/11 attack and they have complained against the oil company for bad construction due to which the water leakage affected the diesel tank. Petrol seems to be fine though. Again, when I asked the pump operators I learnt that the density reading is not working as it is not yet connected to any sensor. I am hoping that these problems are soon sorted out by IOC as this one is really convenient for me.
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:33   #128
BHPian

I track the amount of fuel I put in and the name of the bunk in an excel sheet to see trends of fuel quality (based on mileage). The best bunks so far have been:

1. BPCL Petrol pump @ JVLR at Mahakali caves road signal (Oppst Matoshree club)
2. The HP Bunk at Napaensea Road
3. The BPCL bunk off link road in Kandivli (if you are coming from malad to borivli, take "left" on the junction that on the right goes to raghuleela/DMart - you will see the bunk on your right side after you take the LEFT turn.
Old 4th August 2011, 13:35   #129
BHPian

has anyone tried the pump near sion circle?
It seems to be a good pump, and i have used it mostly, but i don't seem to be getting a good average, although that could be an issue with the car.
Any other pumps that anyone could recommend close to wadala bhakti park?
Old 4th August 2011, 13:44   #130
BHPian

Since my college is at Wadala, I generally tank up at IOC pump which is located at Wadala TT (opposite IMAX). But this pump is a bit isolated, so don't know about it the quality. Is it a COCO? Are there any better pumps in this area?
Old 10th August 2011, 14:44   #131
BHPian

Does anybody know a good/reliable petrol pump within the Dahisar(W)-Borivali(W) belt?

How about the Bharat Petroleum Pump (which has CNG outlet too) near the Borivali Railway Crossing?

I did fill up my i20 twice recently in this pump but I am getting an average about 10~11 kmpl. (though my 90% usage has been short trips within the city with AC on for 80% of the time).

Please suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
3. The BPCL bunk off link road in Kandivli (if you are coming from malad to borivli, take "left" on the junction that on the right goes to raghuleela/DMart - you will see the bunk on your right side after you take the LEFT turn.
Can you please elaborate on this one? Is it near Mahavir Nagar?
I am really searching for a good/trust worthy petrol pump in Borival

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd November 2011 at 17:12.
Old 10th August 2011, 15:26   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 5 View Post
Can you please elaborate on this one? Is it near Mahavir Nagar?
I am really searching for a good/trust worthy petrol pump in Borivali.
Well this one is near mahavir nagar. When going from Borivali towards Andheri on the link road, you take a right on the mahavir nagar junction (which on the left goes to Raghuleela Mall). Once you take a right, the bunk is on your right in another 100 meters.

Here is the Google Maps link for the same (its called charkop petroleum in the map): borivali - Google Maps

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 10th August 2011 at 15:27.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2011, 18:41   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

The best pump in Navi Mumbai thus far is the HP 24 hours pump in Vashi bang opposite the Gaon-Devi temple, which itself is smack bang in the middle of the road that comes from Vashi station and cuts through the heart of Vashi to continue towards Koparkhairane.
I second you on this. This has been by far the most consistent in terms of fuel.
Though only once this rather stupid attendant spilled fuel in excess of overflow mark. Fuel started falling to the ground, he shouted my tank is leaking, I panicked and moved the car.

I was numbed to react, thinking it was my problem, spilling approx Rs.250 fuel down the drain

Only later as i drove back home i realised my folly, there was nothing wrong and he just had kept overfilling beyond the brim.

Always advice to get down and make sure that they are doing a proper job.

cheers
Old 6th October 2011, 19:07   #134
Senior - BHPian

BAD EXPERIENCE AT GODREJ PUMP, GHATKOPAR, MUMBAI :

I went to Godrej pump to fill diesel in my Punto. After making the payment, I decided to fill air in all the tyres - BAD DECISION!

The guy promptly filled air in all the tyres & I left. Next day, I have a flat rear right tyre. The tyre shop told me that the valve got damaged while filling air, got it replaced. The next morning, front right tyre was almost flat (tyre pressure - 20 psi)! Issue was the same - damaged valve.

The Godrej guys damaged two valves just while filling air. I am not going there anymore.
Old 14th October 2011, 16:11   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
BAD EXPERIENCE AT GODREJ PUMP, GHATKOPAR, MUMBAI :

I went to Godrej pump to fill diesel in my Punto. After making the payment, I decided to fill air in all the tyres - BAD DECISION!

The Godrej guys damaged two valves just while filling air. I am not going there anymore.
I used to work for the company (Godrej) so i used to always fill my bike from the afore mentioned petrol pump. The fuel is really good but the guys filling air are terrible.

Most of the time if you go with your car, till you get out & call them they won't even attend you & when they do, they do it as if they are doing you a favour so i had stopped getting my air filled from here but not fuel.

Cause both sections(fueling & air) behave differently it used to make me wonder if they are run by the same people. But didn't expect them to damage your valves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks