Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 16:32   #136
BHPian

Re: Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai

from last few months i have been filling up petrol from an HP petrol pump called Bhavani Traders, it is located almost opposite to IIT Gate. i belive the bunk mentioned as being opposite to IIT gate in previous posts is this one. i suspect the quality and quantity of their fuel and last time when i tanked up with them, there was a guy who was arguing with them saying the amount of fuel dispensed exceeds the capacity of his fuel tank.

will try the one opposite to Matoshree Club on JVLR next time.
Old 23rd November 2011, 00:35   #137
BHPian

@infotech58 are you new to the powai area?
No one (unless a real emergency) fills fuel at the pump opposite the IIT gate. Since 2001 is what I remember, all our office cabs used to go down to Vikhroli a.k.a Godrej ka Petrol Pump.
Please spare your car, and fuel up at the JVLR pump you mentioned at Matoshree (not the one opposite the depot, that's dodgy too.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:16   #138
BHPian

All,

Thought Id might as well raise a quick heads up for all COCO pump fans out here ,

There is a new BP COCO pump opened up at Kharghar Navi Mumbai , right behind the Little World mall , its just a month old.

Finally Pure for Sure Diesel for my 1.3 Multijet from a COCO pump.

Cheers,
Old 20th December 2011, 07:59   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
All,

Thought Id might as well raise a quick heads up for all COCO pump fans out here ,

There is a new BP COCO pump opened up at Kharghar Navi Mumbai , right behind the Little World mall , its just a month old.

Finally Pure for Sure Diesel for my 1.3 Multijet from a COCO pump.

Cheers,
Thanks Peter for this new information. That, I guess, makes for three pumps in Kharghar as against only one that used to operate from Sector-12. The IOC pump at sector-14, next to Rahunath Vihar has also resumed operations after the last monsoon mishap of water seepage into the diesel storage tank. They have replaced the underground tanks with new and properly coated tanks. Hope there are no further mishaps the next monsoon. The fuel dispensing here is dependable, though I have yet to do an FE check.
OT: if you are in Kharghar then let me tell you no_enthu_da is also in Kharghar, and maybe we can have a mini-meet sometime.
Old 23rd December 2011, 16:05   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
@infotech58 are you new to the powai area?
No one (unless a real emergency) fills fuel at the pump opposite the IIT gate. Since 2001 is what I remember, all our office cabs used to go down to Vikhroli a.k.a Godrej ka Petrol Pump.
Please spare your car, and fuel up at the JVLR pump you mentioned at Matoshree (not the one opposite the depot, that's dodgy too.

Yup. I just moved here couple of months ago and this is the only bunk on my way to work. I have now stopped using this fuel station and have used Godrej, Khera (on LBS), and the one opposite to Matoshree Club for my last few refills and have noticed my FE go up.
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:09   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Yup. I just moved here couple of months ago and this is the only bunk on my way to work. I have now stopped using this fuel station and have used Godrej, Khera (on LBS), and the one opposite to Matoshree Club for my last few refills and have noticed my FE go up.
+1

The pump opposite Matoshree is 'Om Vedant'. I stay in Powai too, and we always tank up from either Godrej or Om Vedant. The latter is open 24x7. Theres another good one on LBS, after Godrej towards Ghatkopar, 'Highway Auto'. This pump is also 24x7, but that part of the LBS is heavily trafficked.

Regards,
Aalok
Old 11th January 2012, 20:22   #142
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Om Vedant from me too, I get noticeably better FE from there as compared to others in the vicinity.
Old 11th January 2012, 20:46   #143
BHPian

Any reviews on the HP pump near Maheshwari Udyan which is situated just off the highway towards Wadala?

Google Maps
Old 12th January 2012, 10:27   #144
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I have been a dedicated BPCL customer. Not sure why or how this happened but I guess that 'Pure for Sure' drive the company had years ago, with all the explanations in the adverts left an impression on my mind. Thereafter whenever I drive around in the country I first search for the familiar blue and yellow signages from a distance (comforting) and then look for the 'Pure for Sure' boards (very comforting) and joy of joys if it is a COCO outlet. Try my best to hit COCOs.

Now coming to Mumbai - I have been, from the last 15 year religiously filling fuel (Diesel) from the following BPCL outlet:
Amar Automobiles King's Circle, Plot No.362, Matunga, Mumbai 400019

If I am not able to get in there (on rare occasions) then:
Kaka AutomobilesJanata Market, LBS Marg, Bhandup, Mumbai 400078

Occasionally (rarest of rare cases -as per Supreme Court's definition !) from Thane (W):
M/S Universal Service CenterMajiwada, Thane 400601

I have had no issues with any of the these three bunks - with the best results from the Kings Circle/Sion outlet. For more reasons than one, I enjoy bunkering at the King's Circle/Sion outlet.

Disclaimer - I am not a BPCL employee nor do I have anything against HPCL/IOCL or any other Ls.
Old 12th January 2012, 12:41   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post

Occasionally (rarest of rare cases -as per Supreme Court's definition !) from Thane (W):
where exactly this bunk is located? is it the one almost opposite to the Wonder Mall?
Old 12th January 2012, 12:53   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had been a regular at this BPCL petrol pump during my Santro days and also during the initial Fiesta days. However with the sky rocketing petrol prices stopped filling in Thane outlets and opt for the IOC petrol pump just after the IIT B gate in Powai. If I have to fill in Thane then it would be at the IOC bunk just after the Tatvagyan Vidyapith on Ghodbunder Road (ahead of Cinewonder). The BPCL bunk still remains the spot where I get the tyres pressure checked.

Quote:
where exactly this bunk is located? is it the one almost opposite to the Wonder Mall?
This one's at Majiwada just before the Paper Products company, immediately after the turn to Pokhran Rd 2 when you come from Eastern Express Highway.
Old 12th January 2012, 15:01   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Guess you have the location from ghodlur. Are you from Thane too ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I had been a regular at this BPCL petrol pump during my Santro days and also during the initial Fiesta days. However with the sky rocketing petrol prices stopped filling in Thane outlets and opt for the IOC petrol pump just after the IIT B gate in Powai. If I have to fill in Thane then it would be at the IOC bunk just after the Tatvagyan Vidyapith on Ghodbunder Road (ahead of Cinewonder). The BPCL bunk still remains the spot where I get the tyres pressure checked.
Hmmm...Well you have blown the cover off the real reason why I rarely fill in Thane! Which anyway is a well known fact.
Where in Thane are you ghodlur ? Let's all catch up some day.
I was given to understand that, that IOC bunk next to Tatvagyan is a dodgy one. Or are you happy there ? Any other good bunks in Thane ?
Old 12th January 2012, 15:19   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Guess you have the location from ghodlur. Are you from Thane too ?
yes. understood the location of that bunk now. it always looked, kind of, shady to me so never tried it.

yes. i stay in Thane. Pokhran Road#2, Vasant Vihar.
Old 12th January 2012, 15:22   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Hmmm...Well you have blown the cover off the real reason why I rarely fill in Thane! Which anyway is a well known fact.
Where in Thane are you ghodlur ? Let's all catch up some day.
I was given to understand that, that IOC bunk next to Tatvagyan is a dodgy one. Or are you happy there ? Any other good bunks in Thane ?
Till date I never had any issues with IOC bunk I mentioned.

Other good bunks in Thane IMO
1) Teen Petrol pump area- HPCL and IOCL
2) Khopat - BPCL (LBS road before Sumer Castle junction)

The ones to avoid in Thane
1) IOCL at Manpada on Ghodbunder Road (although it belongs to the same guy who owns the IOC at Tatvagyan)
2) HPCL near Hypercity on Ghodbunder Road
3) HPCL right opp the Cinewonder just before Kapurbawdi junction.

This is based on my findings specific to FE when I have refueled at the bunks.

Sent a PM to you.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 17:16   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes. understood the location of that bunk now. it always looked, kind of, shady to me so never tried it.

yes. i stay in Thane. Pokhran Road#2, Vasant Vihar.
Hi,
Great - I stay next door near Hiranandani Meadows.
The BPCL bunk is fairly OK. Try him out for convenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Till date I never had any issues with IOC bunk I mentioned.

Other good bunks in Thane IMO
1) Teen Petrol pump area- HPCL and IOCL
2) Khopat - BPCL (LBS road before Sumer Castle junction)

The ones to avoid in Thane
1) IOCL at Manpada on Ghodbunder Road (although it belongs to the same guy who owns the IOC at Tatvagyan)
2) HPCL near Hypercity on Ghodbunder Road
3) HPCL right opp the Cinewonder just before Kapurbawdi junction.

This is based on my findings specific to FE when I have refueled at the bunks.

Sent a PM to you.
Hi,
Thanks for the info. Would be useful as and when one scours this area for fuel.

Let's all catch up soon.

Last edited by Guderian : 12th January 2012 at 17:20.

Most Viewed