Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 20:02   #151
BHPian

Re: Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Any reviews on the HP pump near Maheshwari Udyan which is situated just off the highway towards Wadala?

Google Maps
Its a good pump and is open 24 hours.
My parents stay next door and we regularly fill diesel, petrol and LPG from there.

Never tried the CNG though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi,

Now coming to Mumbai - I have been, from the last 15 year religiously filling fuel (Diesel) from the following BPCL outlet:
Amar Automobiles King's Circle, Plot No.362, Matunga, Mumbai 400019

If I am not able to get in there (on rare occasions) then:
Kaka AutomobilesJanata Market, LBS Marg, Bhandup, Mumbai 400078
Earlier (in the 80's and early 90's) the HP pump mentioned above was a little shady and we used to fill in at Amar which is an equally good pump. Now we mostly fill at the above mentioned HP.

Guderian: Is Kaka, the one on the left (while going towards Mulund on LBS) just after "METRO" shop?

Last edited by f1fan : 12th January 2012 at 20:10.
f1fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 10:41   #152
BHPian

My Top 3 -

Sanghi Petrol Pump, Worli next to Atria Mall
Dayaram Santdas, next to Mucchad Panwala, Warden Road
JB Patel, Opera House, filled fuel here for 6 years
Old 24th January 2012, 15:18   #153
BHPian

Have a house in vasant vihar in thane too but stay in mumbai
Old 9th February 2012, 12:44   #154
BHPian

Are there any functioning Shell pumps in Mumbai anymore?
The linking road one or the one that is there in Thane.
Old 15th February 2012, 17:21   #155
BHPian

Can any one advise good fuel pump for Diesel in Navi Mumbai or on NH 4 highway from Vashi to Panvel ?

Thanks in advance
Old 17th February 2012, 22:32   #156
BHPian

I have been using the coco next to Sahar cargo terminal for 10 plus years. No reason to complain. If I really must cavil, then they have a change of shift at around 10 PM, when everything comes to a standstill as they take stock, pass the money and so on.
karthik_rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 11:59   #157
Senior - BHPian

I have been re-fueling at the Oshiwara BP (PFS) bunk (Lotus shaped) and I have never been more satisfied with my fuel economy. The calculated FE and the one shown on the MID has been approximately the same. That means they fill in the right amount of petrol and there is no manipulation happening here.
Highly recommended this bunk
Old 19th March 2012, 12:57   #158
BHPian

My company which used to reimburse part of my fuel bill is moving onto a card system for which they are having the relation with HP.
I used to fill at the Godrej pump at Vikhroli & was so happy with it when this came along. I work in Powai & stay in Ghatkopar. Any advice on good HP petrol pumps around these two areas
Old 19th March 2012, 13:08   #159
Senior - BHPian

+1 to this IOC bunk. This is the one I use to tank up every time I drive out of Bombay on the NH8 fuel price difference be damned. Allmost all of my friends in Thane too use the same pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If I have to fill in Thane then it would be at the IOC bunk just after the Tatvagyan Vidyapith on Ghodbunder Road (ahead of Cinewonder).

Well one in Kharghar is recommended in the post quoted below yours. Now you have not mentioned where you are in Navi Mumbai so here are a few of the good ones

1. Vashi sector 9/10 opposite 'Gaon devi mandir'. This is an HP bunk on the same road that comes in from BOM-PUN highway and goes all the way to Kharghar, roughly 2.5kms from the highway on your RHS.

2. Another 3 odd kilometers down the same road, at the fag end of Kharghar. IOC bunk on LHS.

3. HP COCO pump, this is in Turbhe, I am not sure of the sector. If you were to take the road bisecting the twin malls on the Palm Beach road (the one with Vijay Sales, More store + McDonalds & the other one with Croma + Cinemax) and reach the Turbhe main road, this pump is on the RHS. You would have to take a left followed by a U turn and yet another U to get to this pump. Of course there are other ways to reach the bunk but this one is the easiest in terms of POI recognition.

4. Just off the Palm beach road. As you drive down from the twin malls above, take a left after the Celebration hotel/restaurant and the bunk is another 100 meters down on the RHS. This is a diesel only bunk and is owned by the APMC themselves. Absolutely no hanky panky here as all of the trucks owned and operated by the APMC members use this baunk.

5. Further down the Palm beach road but in opposite direction from 4 above. The intersection on the drain from where the sane people take a U turn to go to the twin malls. There is an IOC bunk right on the dot. Looks are not so good but fuel Q&Q is. Run by UP bhaiyyas (operators) their CC machine is the weak link, otherwise all is well.

6. On the Palm beach road again but now in Nerul. Just after the Left hand turnoff to Nerul, there is a BP pure for sure bunk. Indifferent service but fuel is all right.

7. On Vashi Panvel highway. As you go alongside the Taloja flyover and take a left on the taloja connector, there is a HP bunk immediately on the RHS. This is an all time favourite for a lot of my friends who are highway goers and drive diesel powered vehicles.

I however do not recommend this bunk for Petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milind View Post
Can any one advise good fuel pump for Diesel in Navi Mumbai or on NH 4 highway from Vashi to Panvel ?

Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
All,

Thought Id might as well raise a quick heads up for all COCO pump fans out here ,

There is a new BP COCO pump opened up at Kharghar Navi Mumbai , right behind the Little World mall , its just a month old.

Finally Pure for Sure Diesel for my 1.3 Multijet from a COCO pump.

Cheers,

Last edited by khoj : 19th March 2012 at 13:10.
Old 19th March 2012, 16:08   #160
Senior - BHPian

I recently started filling up at the new BPCL company owned pump behind Little World Mall at Kharghar, Navi Mumbai.

I am finding an increase in fuel average and performance of my Scorpio.

Plus my 5 year old is happy to get small gifts (cap, water bottle) at every fill
Old 12th April 2012, 21:51   #161
BHPian

guys anyone knows of a good bunk in the goregaon - kandivali area.

I stay in Kandivali E and work at goregaon e. Most of my travel is on the WE highway and only bunks that are on my way/close by are the one after hub mall and one at the junction of dattapada road near borivali.

Any feedback on these two bunks?

For my last refill i went to the IOC coco pump, but dont think that will be possible always.
Old 24th April 2012, 10:17   #162
BHPian

I live in Ghatkopar West near R City Mall. Are there any good petrol pumps around that place? I have seen two bunks - one a Bharat Pet and another an HP outlet while going from R City Mall towards Vidyavihar on LBS road. Both fall on the left side. Are these good or any other ones in that area?
Old 24th April 2012, 11:51   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
I live in Ghatkopar West near R City Mall. Are there any good petrol pumps around that place? I have seen two bunks - one a Bharat Pet and another an HP outlet while going from R City Mall towards Vidyavihar on LBS road. Both fall on the left side. Are these good or any other ones in that area?
There's one which a number of Bhpians on this thread swear by, the BP pump just outside the Godrej campus which has Accenture & Capgemini. Comes on your right as you drive from R-city mall towards Kanjumarg.
AvinashV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 13:15   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
There are two pumps which are good -

1) Godrej petrol pump - T-BHPians swear by this pump. This is on the right ride if you are going from R city towards Kanjurmarg.

2) Gulati petrol pump (IOC) - This would be on your left hand side, bang outside Vikhroli bus depot, on the corner of the left turn you would take if you have to go towards park site/kailash complex. I always fill my Punto from here.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2012, 16:39   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milind View Post

Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
7. On Vashi Panvel highway. As you go alongside the Taloja flyover and take a left on the taloja connector, there is a HP bunk immediately on the RHS. This is an all time favourite for a lot of my friends who are highway goers and drive diesel powered vehicles.

I however do not recommend this bunk for Petrol.
I used to always fill up petrol on my vRs from this pump. And the car actually felt smoother and quieter and the FE was better than on other pumps.

I would highly recommend this one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks