Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2012, 11:55   #166
BHPian

Re: Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai

Any trusted petrol pumps in JUHU? I get my cars filled from BP (Prakash Auto) near (J.V.P.D) Bus Station‎ / PVR Cinemas.
Old 30th May 2012, 20:58   #167
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for feedback on the Maharastra Ex-Servicemen Pump just ahead of Atharva college, I fuelled up for the first time today, and found it to be the ok, hopefully will know in a couple of days of driving.- Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!.

@Yash - the pump opposite Tulip Star is a good one, have been using it for some years now.I avoid the one near Kala Nikaten.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by neofromcapone : 30th May 2012 at 21:05. Reason: typo and more info
Old 14th June 2012, 14:48   #168
Senior - BHPian

Bp Pump On Linking Road Opposite Bandra Shoppers Stop - Completely Untrustworthy

Ex Shell now BP Pump in Bandra
Opposite Shoppers Stop on Linking Road

COMPLETELY UNTRUSTWORTHY...SHOCKING BUT 100% TRUE

After reading this very informative thread i decided to run a check on my trusted pump (BP in Bandra) to satisfy my self with firsthand confirmation. But unfortunately it was a huge shock
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-operate.html

This is what i did - Took a 2.25L Coke bottle and asked for petrol. The guys refused immediately and told me to speak to the owner. I had no problems doing that as he knows me by face (i have been filling fuel in all my vehicles only there for more than a decade now).

He refuses first but then i request him saying that i need it for another car of mine which is at the workshop and the mechanic needs the fuel urgently. He very reluctantly says that he can not give it in a transparent bottle and hence we will ask one of his guys to get a 4L engine oil can and then give me the fuel in that. I had no issues with that for obvious reasons.

Once i was ok with taking the fuel in a can provided by them the owner was comfortable and instructed one of the attendants to assist me and went back into his office. (lucky me..lol)

So i ask the attendant to dispense exactly 3 liters into the can, make the payment, take the auto generated bill for 3 liters and leave the pump.

Just to be sure that i measure the petrol quantity accurately i had decided to use a 500ml liquid measurement jug from my kitchen. Something like this....
Trusted petrol pumps in Mumbai-measuringjugs.jpg

THE RESULT WAS SHOCKING....THE CAN HAD ONLY 2.7 LITERS OF PETROL. A full 10% calibration overstatement at the dispenser.

I did a double check on the measurement crosschecking with another similar container but unfortunately no change.

So no matter how attentive you are when at the pump or even if you religiously check the "0" on the dispenser screen before they start you still loose 10% of what you are paying for.

Just to give you an example, this would translate into INR 10,000 approx per year for a person driving around 12,000 kms in a year @ FE between 9-10kmpl. That for sure is a huge loss for anyone. Its equal to free petrol for almost one and a half month in a year. Petrol rates are only increasing. Think about it!

BUT NEVER EVER GO TO THE BP PUMP ON LINKING ROAD OPPOSITE BANDRA SHOPPERS STOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I have my doubts on that one. There have been several notorious stories I have heard from there in the past, right since it was actually 'Shell'

It is now BP, unless it's company owned I wouldn't completely trust it. Although, it is the only place in Bandra that has Speed97.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Are there any functioning Shell pumps in Mumbai anymore?
The linking road one or the one that is there in Thane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
I use the Shell pump at Linking Road numerous times, and it is really quite good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

The Shell pump at Linking Road, Bandra, is pretty good too.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 14th June 2012 at 14:59.
KSM-Vtec is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 08:11   #169
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bp Pump On Linking Road Opposite Bandra Shoppers Stop - Completely Untrustworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
THE RESULT WAS SHOCKING....THE CAN HAD ONLY 2.7 LITERS OF PETROL. A full 10% calibration overstatement at the dispenser.
Can this be because the balance fuel must be still in the dispensing pipes and the moment the indicator hit 3 ltrs the attendant did not wait for the pipes to get empty before putting it back at the slot.
The one rule I follow is ask the attendant to punch the fuel in either value or qty and not fill fuel free flowing. This way when the dispensing motor stops pumping, I ensure that the attendant still holds the pipe instead of removing it immediately.
Old 15th June 2012, 10:22   #170
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bp Pump On Linking Road Opposite Bandra Shoppers Stop - Completely Untrustworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Can this be because the balance fuel must be still in the dispensing pipes and the moment the indicator hit 3 ltrs the attendant did not wait for the pipes to get empty before putting it back at the slot.
I dont think that happened because i did exactly what you have said below. I had asked him to enter the exact quantity of 3Ltrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The one rule I follow is ask the attendant to punch the fuel in either value or qty and not fill fuel free flowing. This way when the dispensing motor stops pumping, I ensure that the attendant still holds the pipe instead of removing it immediately.
Old 15th June 2012, 11:22   #171
BHPian

@KSM

Even i used to use the this exact same pump many years back,
But in 1998 this guy filled up as per the machine atleast 42lts of Petrol in My 800 which has tank capacity of 28lts max 30lts if you consider fuel in petrol pipe.

Had a big argument and since then all my cars, my friends cars, my dads office cars and his colleagues cars stopped going there.

He is the BIGGEST THUG!

I find trust worthy pump to be The Big HP pump which is to the right of Shoppers stop signal and the HP pump which comes to the left after Bandra Lucky junction signal and third pump i trust is in Parla Opp Juhu aerodrome exit HP pump.
jatinpatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 20:48   #172
BHPian

I stay at Borivli West and ever since i bought my first car in November 2011, I have been visiting BP pump opposite Borivli Railway Crossing.
I have always used the same dispensing station and till now have got a consistent FE of around 15 for my EON.
Can anyone opine on this pump? I do not have any bad experience so far, but after reading the posts on this thread need assurance from anyone more experienced using this pump.

Since the thread praises IOCL pumps, there is one IOCL pump on the Borivli SV road close to Vijay Sales before the Raghuleela Left turn. Any update on this particular petrol pump. this one seems to be a small and shabby place.

Experienced friends please suggest if i should change my refuelling station once and try any other in the Borivli area.
BTW i do travel by JVLR and have read praises about the BPCL petrol pump opposite Matoshree, probably can try that as well.
Old 4th July 2012, 23:24   #173
BHPian

Sorry to get this thread ticking again.
Is there any one of you from the mira-bhayandar area and could guide me to some good pumps. I used to prefer the new petrol pump on the left side of mira-bhayandar road while going towards Kashimira.
They messed up once and there after I prefer the BP pump on the opposite lane. The one opposite the reliance pump (now closed) or the BP pump at Kashimira.
If you guys have some tips, your help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 4th July 2012, 23:54   #174
Team-BHP Support

I mostly tank up at the HP factory owned outlet at S.V. road in Bandra. This is just after the Bandra Station / Lucky Biryani signal whilst driving towards South Mumbai.
The fuel quality seems to be good since I've never had any nasty fall in FE figures after tanking up at this place.
Old 22nd July 2012, 22:30   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Experienced friends please suggest if i should change my refuelling station once and try any other in the Borivli area.
After having devoured this thread, the only pump which was praised closest to me was the IOC COCO at Sahar road which was a good 15 kms away! i did tank up here whenever i was going south.

However, for the last 2 times i have tanked up at the BP pump at charkop. This is a BP COCO and seems to be really good. FE has been consistent to what i get from the IOC COCO. For people living in Kandivali, Borivali this is a good option if you dont mind travelling a couple of Kms for good fuel.
Old 22nd July 2012, 23:43   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
After having devoured this thread, the only pump which was praised closest to me was the IOC COCO at Sahar road which was a good 15 kms away! i did tank up here whenever i was going south.

However, for the last 2 times i have tanked up at the BP pump at charkop. This is a BP COCO and seems to be really good. FE has been consistent to what i get from the IOC COCO. For people living in Kandivali, Borivali this is a good option if you dont mind travelling a couple of Kms for good fuel.
Oh yeah I always fill up at the Charkop pump. It is pretty reliable.
There's one at kandivali link road. Don't remember which one (indian oil most probably) which isn't reliable at all. I always get low FE when I fill up from there. Also they have some stupid scan where they tell each and every customer, "Saar no coolant in your car! Please refill it now itself to prevent engine heating!!" They have tried to fool me thrice like this! And I've seen many people actually falling for this. I avoid this pump now as far as possible.
Old 10th August 2012, 10:08   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
There are two pumps which are good -

1) Godrej petrol pump - T-BHPians swear by this pump. This is on the right ride if you are going from R city towards Kanjurmarg.

2) Gulati petrol pump (IOC) - This would be on your left hand side, bang outside Vikhroli bus depot, on the corner of the left turn you would take if you have to go towards park site/kailash complex. I always fill my Punto from here.
I usually fill up at Gulati Petrol Pump. I for the first time used the BP Godrej Pump yesterday. Extremely professional guys.
Old 19th September 2012, 20:00   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post

I have added the bandra hp coco to my list of fuel pumps. Its the one on sv road and comes on the left when moving from linking road towards w.e. highway

Convinently located as I do visit bandra once in 2 weeks. Mileage has been consistent with what I get at IOC coco and bp coco at charkop.
Old 26th September 2012, 15:50   #179
BHPian

I usually opt for IOC pump inside the Santacruz Airport Complex as it falls on my daily route. Been getting consistent FE here.

Couple of others which I have used is IOC (opp Majas Depot JVLR) or HP (near Aarey flyover)
Old 11th October 2012, 23:22   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkp View Post
I had a good experience at the bunk opposite Matoshree building and near Kamal Amrohi studio on JVLR - that is a very good one.

Cheers,
K Prasad

Prasad even I refill from this pump, but since couple of months I am observing that my FE has reduced 20-25%. I used get FE around 16-18 KMPL in city driving, now if i refill in this pump I am getting FE around 14-15. Even my collegues are also facing the same issue. Now I am in search of new pump (preferably COCO).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks