Team-BHP - Tyre Shop - Saifee Tyres (Santacruz, Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Tyre Shop - Saifee Tyres (Santacruz, Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/82700-tyre-shop-saifee-tyres-santacruz-mumbai.html)

Tyre Shop - Saifee Tyres (Santacruz, Mumbai)-03062010642.jpg

Tyre Shop - Saifee Tyres (Santacruz, Mumbai)-03062010643.jpg

Products sold:Services offered:What I like:What I don't like:Pricing: Ranges from cheap to reasonable. Never had him quote a higher price than someone else.

Speciality / USP: None in particular. Just an honest tyre & wheel shop. Though, I guess he could be successful in sourcing vintage car tyres (not sure).

What I have bought from him: Most of the alloy wheels & tyres on all my cars over the last 10 years. Including my Jeep, OHC Vtec, Lancer etc.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Jitubhai
- Phone numbers: 2649.3819 / 2649.0573
- Postal Address: Jothy Apartment Opposite Gokul Icecream, Santacruz Saraswati Road, Mumbai - 400 054.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Toward the end of linking road. In the lane of "Choksi imported cars"
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:
Tyre Shop - Saifee Tyres (Santacruz, Mumbai)-saifee-tyres.png

Thank you GTO for this useful titbit. Hope they repair punctures too (especially on the tubeless ones). I think this is on the same lane on which you have the Podar International School.
Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by issigonis (Post 1915851)
Thank you GTO for this useful titbit. Hope they repair punctures too (especially on the tubeless ones). I think this is on the same lane on which you have the Podar International School.
Regards

Yes they do repair punctures for all types of tyres. He does get some nice alloy designs at times. The wheels on my OHC were sourced from Saifee itself.

One of the best tyre shops in the city, have a wide selection.
I usually deal with Conti or his brother Mustu. So far have bought PP2s for the BMW from them, did a swap on the Superb from NCT5 to A-drive for only Rs.4000 for 5 :)

His alignment equipment is outdated, best to get it done elsewhere. However he does throw that in free with a new tyre install.

General perceptions: He is biased towards comfort tyres and will always push you for the same. Gives you the perceptions of poor after sales, any problem you face you have to fight it out with the company directly. This is my view on Conti, since I have dealt mainly with him.

@issigonis- Yes he does repair punctures for tubeless, but a little expensive that your local tyre repair chap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1915980)
His alignment equipment is outdated, best to get it done elsewhere.

I would actually mention the opposite. I ALWAYS get my wheel alignment done from Saifee.

Though 2 years back, I was aghast to not see a computerized alignment machine, my doubts were quickly dissipated. His manual alignment is so superb and accurate, that it lasts for 10k km or so easily. And my driving is 1000-1200 kms a month (with 20-30% highway trips).

In fact, I recently went to KS Motorsports in Ballard Estate to get my alignment checked (after about 9,000 kms/8 months). The guy was surprised to see PERFECT alignment results on his computer & complimented the place who had done it.

Bought a couple of tyre sets from Saifee and almost a set of rims too. Recommended, yes, but I want to know why he charges x rate for repairing a tubeless tyre puncture on my Indica and a significantly higher rate for the BMW. I doubt this is standard practice, and even if it is, most definitely an incorrect one.

I have mixed opinions about Saifee.

Yes, the prices they offer are very attractive & one of the cheapest. But they totally messed up the alignment of my innova after installing new Yokos. infact the car had a pull to the left & the technician told me "this is normal & you car already had a pull to the left"!! :Shockked: when did he drive my car to know that ??

anyways, i got the alignment done at another tyre dealer & its fine now.

Got my LAURA tires changed from SAIFEE.

They showed me 4-5 brands of tires. Gave me the pro's and con's apart from the pricing which helped me decide which one I should go in for.

They dont push you into buying a particular brand.

Really helpful people -Honest and fair in their dealings. :thumbs up

I wasnt happy with the service at this particular dealer. He tried to palm off a set of 4 michelins that were 3 years old for my XL7, stating that they should not have mattered as the warranty was for 3 years. Jitubhai also insisted they were fresh stock until he was shown the date stamp on the tyre sidewall.

I know the vehicle has a very odd tyre size (235/60/16) and I was pretty ticked off with the dealer after that.

I also have a very positive report on Saifee. All my cars from the Santro to the iKon to the RS were done at his place. Good rates and efficient service.

Agreed that his alignment equipment is out dated but his guy Albert (am I right ?) does a great job.

I would definitely recommend Saifee Tyre Services.

it was a pleasant expierience, i had interacted with this guy who was a bit bald, i think his name was muslim bhai ( not sure ) we only bought tyres and rims from him and didnt get alignment done as the car was in the garage at the time of purchase. he was a very frank person and we got what we asked for.

This is quite off topic, but Saifee had quite a field day today, as you can see :)

Both had come by for a tyre change. The B needed only a single tyre, one was damaged. Maybay 20" ain low-pro ain't da way to roll, ya know waad ah'm sayin', dawg?

Tyre Shop - Saifee Tyres (Santacruz, Mumbai)-photo0847.jpg

Tyre Shop - Saifee Tyres (Santacruz, Mumbai)-photo0848.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman (Post 1944582)
i had interacted with this guy who was a bit bald, i think his name was muslim bhai ( not sure )

I guess you interacted with Mufi'bhai. Jitubhai, Mufi and Conti are the main chaps running the Saifee show.

Had been to Saifee to get Alignment and balancing done like a year back.

He did not have an alignment machine at all but still insisted on he doing it with a long steel rod to check the toe in and out by keeping it straight on both back and front tyres. He asked me 1000 bucks for alignment + balancing + weights which I think is too much considering I would not pay him 50 bucks too for this kind of alignment.

I was :O and asked him to just leave the car alone.

Good alloys, Good Tyres but bull way of fooling customers. Hope things have improved now.

Picked up a set of Yokohama A Drives and Lenso Alloys from Saifee yesterday. Hassle free experience as usual. Interestingly, for the first time they had put in a line item for weights in the final bill but took it out immediately when gently reminded.

I would recommend calling earlier and getting a price on the phone if you know what you want. They matched the price of the Yokohama's when I mentioned that others were cheaper by 100 rs each.

If you dont know what you want, he will be more than happy to offer alternatives. Brought out a set of Yoko ES to match the alloys but immediately 'unrecommended' it, when I mentioned that my daily commute was through the "offroad" terrain of Saki Naka. :)

His alignment technique does freak me out a bit. But the car was fine.

Overall, I remain a happy repeat customer.