Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and i would rate them as :
Highly Recommended 25 69.44%
Recommended 10 27.78%
NOT Recommended 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 00:00   #16
Team-BHP Support

i used them for my accord rims and tyres and my puntos tyres. ranvir is a very good guy, he wont push you to buy anything is will be happy to wait till new stock arrives. he has a good selection and very good prices. very satisfied with the experience and would recommend them to anyone.
Old 11th June 2010, 21:05   #17
BHPian

Great service, went all the way from Goa to check out alloys and it was well worth it, not only I bought alloys also ended buying a set of tyres. PS : Guys from Goa can order from him also, he provides free fitting , balancing and nitrogen filling and ships it to Goa for an additional 300 rupees. In short a great shopping experience.
nc1bad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2010, 21:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am so glad to see Pal tyres here.
I've got 2 sets of tires for my Esteem from them.

I recently got Yokohama A-drives around 4 months ago from him and he was spooked when I showed him the bill of my 5 year old Falkens that were also purchased from him.

I can go out on limb and say they no one can sell you tires cheaper than them. I know where I will be going when its time to upgrade shoes on my Civic.

The only drawback is he does not stock many brands, Yokohama being one of 'em.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 4th July 2010 at 21:43.
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre & Alloys Shop - Pal Tyres (Lamington Road, Mumbai)

Went there a few days ago looking for alloys. He stocks mainly multi PCD alloys and if you want a particular design from his catalogue, you have to order it. I enquired about the price of yoko A drive 195/60/15 and he said 4300/- a little further down the road i got a quote for 4100/-
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:14   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Arrey! Good to see Pal tyres here. I buy all my stuff from Kenny. I also know him personally.

Tell him I said hi when you go there.
Old 27th March 2011, 14:52   #21
BHPian

I got Yoko ES-100s from him yesterday for my Punto. 195/60 R15 size. I was very satisfied with my experience. I am not too sure if I dealt with Kenny or not. There was the elderly dad who owns the shop and his older son there. Charged me Rs. 4400 per tyre. That was the cheapest quote I got, at least amongst all the other tyre shops in that neighbourhood. Would recommend him to anyone else who needs a tyre job done.
Old 28th March 2011, 18:31   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Over 3,000 views, 2 pages of replies and only "Highly Recommended" or "Recommended" votes. I've been going to Saifee since ages, but the only problem is his location being at the other end of town. For my next tyre upgrade, I'll check Pal Tyres out.

Thanks for sharing, guys.
Old 28th March 2011, 19:02   #23
BHPian

My 0.02 paisa + vat based on interactions over the last 2 years and last week while shopping for A drives and alloys.

Tyres:
Pal has better prices than Saifee for Yokohamas last few times I checked. (difference ranges from 200-800 rs)
Saifee did not give free alignment with tyres but just the balancing.

Alloys:
The range of alloys at Pal is more than that at Saifee. (Some lesser known brands add to the variety. Dont know if that is good or bad).
Saifee has a lot of Lensos and HRS. Pal had Konig, Lenso, Formula? and some other brands. He pushed the alloys in stock and did not really want to show any catalog etc.

Parking:
Parking is a pain at Pal since their bay is not that large. If you select tyres and alloys at Opera house he said he can deliver to the shop at Vashi. Saifee has a bigger bay.

Both of them are straight shooters and an even choice. I bought once from Saifee, once from Pal and now next round is probably going to be Saifee. (The alloys I like are there)

@GTO: If I lived in SoBo I would go to Pal all the time.
From the eastern suburbs both are equally painful for me but going to Pal means I can meander in Opera House hunting/browsing for parts and food

@sumobom: Kenny was not in the shop that day. I had popped in to see some alloys.

Last edited by genesis : 28th March 2011 at 19:10.
Old 28th March 2011, 20:59   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Arrey! Good to see Pal tyres here. I buy all my stuff from Kenny. I also know him personally.

Tell him I said hi when you go there.
Wow seems like quite a few of us go there. Ill say hi from your side, going there to help a friend get some rims tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
I got Yoko ES-100s from him yesterday for my Punto. 195/60 R15 size. I was very satisfied with my experience. I am not too sure if I dealt with Kenny or not. There was the elderly dad who owns the shop and his older son there.
Glad to know. Kenny is the younger son. Quite a chilled out guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Over 3,000 views, 2 pages of replies and only "Highly Recommended" or "Recommended" votes. I've been going to Saifee since ages, but the only problem is his location being at the other end of town. For my next tyre upgrade, I'll check Pal Tyres out.

Thanks for sharing, guys.
Do that Rush. Im very happy with their service, have sent all of my friends there too. Contrary to what the person above me said, he will order anything from the catalogue just to show you.
Old 28th March 2011, 22:22   #25
BHPian

Ive had two sets of tyres installed by PAL. Raveer is very prompt with his answers, however, he had a hard time sourcing 16" Michelin tyres when Premjis (opp Sitladevi) did.

He is definately far more reasonable than Premjis/ Four Seasons
Old 29th March 2011, 09:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Contrary to what the person above me said, he will order anything from the catalogue just to show you.
Since the person above you would be me , the not wanting to order from catalog was in the context of Saifee and not Pal. Hope that clarifies.
Old 30th March 2011, 00:44   #27
BHPian

Had voted in the poll above long back but didnt get around to a short review post.

The first set of alloys & tyres i ever bought were from Ranveer (it was my first car as well ). Had just gone to him to change the worn out tyres but ended up upsizing & buying new alloys as well (out of my own choice). Had bought Roadstone N2000 tyres from him (didn't quite have much car or tyre knowledge back then & had no idea of good tyre brands). Selected them as i liked the tread pattern but took his feedback on whether i should go for them. He honestly told me that they are good tyres & will not give any problems. True to what he said, i dint face any troubles with the tyres in 4 years of owning them & the grip, stability & durability they have offered was excellent.

Have since bought a few more sets of alloys & tyres from him & also recommended him to fellow BHPians who have also bought alloys from him. Its a pleasure to buy from him & like mentioned by others, not only is he patient & not at all pushy, but will recommend & give you exactly what you want. Will order & source if you have your mind set on a particular product.

POSITIVES:
- Gives honest feedback regarding any product
- Will put the alloy design you have selected on your car before you make your final decision to buy it
- Well priced
- Complimentary balancing & alignment with purchase of new tyres
- Complimentary bolts/adaptor with purchase of new alloys (if the alloys require them)
- Also buys back the old tyres & alloys
- The last 3 points above this one makes them a one-stop shop

Like ive said before, its a pleasure buying from him & wouldnt say there are any negatives here. Finally, the most important thing i would like to add that hasnt been mentioned here is that he is quite helpful in the sense that he is customer centric rather than manufacturer centric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
The range of alloys at Pal is more than that at Saifee. (Some lesser known brands add to the variety. Dont know if that is good or bad).
Saifee has a lot of Lensos and HRS. Pal had Konig, Lenso, Formula? and some other brands. He pushed the alloys in stock and did not really want to show any catalog etc.
@Genesis, sorry buddy but your phrasing makes it seem like you are talking about Pal rather than Saifee as the sentence continues from Pal.
@Akshay & others who have posted here. Do participate in the poll above

Last edited by Xehaust : 30th March 2011 at 00:54. Reason: Additional Info added
Old 9th June 2011, 12:25   #28
BHPian

Chalk one more happy customer from Pal Tyres.

I got my Swift's tires changed yesterday. Got a Set of Yoko A drives for her.
The thing what made my sale was the personal involvement of the owner and i believe that makes a difference. Both the Brothers are very helpful and honest in their opinion.

The only down side i felt was that the work bay was really crowded, but i guess in Space starved Mumbai, this cannot be helped

On a side not i realised the Apollo Aceleres were quoting than Yokos and the Bridestones.. I guess this marks the coming of age of the manufacturer.
Old 31st July 2011, 21:01   #29
BHPian

Purchased Yoko A-drives for my Accord day before yesterday from Kenny. Brilliant guy to work with and very good pricing + service. Highly recommended!
I ended up buying a set of generic 15" alloys as well - though he was pushing not to replace the OE wheels, precisely why I recommend such a seller!

PS: Somebody needs to correct the Gmaps location of Pal tyres, Google thinks Apsara Cinema is behind ITC Grand Central at Parel. :|

Last edited by d_payne : 31st July 2011 at 21:02.
Old 10th September 2011, 23:36   #30
BHPian

Got Yokohama A-drives from Pal tyres for my Accent around 3 months back. Have noticed the front left tyre gone kaput yesterday with rubber jutting out from sidewall !!

Need to locate the warranty card.

Now since I have moved from Mumbai to Gurgaon in the meanwhile, what is the way to get it replaced?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks