Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and i would rate them as :
Highly Recommended 25 69.44%
Recommended 10 27.78%
NOT Recommended 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 18:16   #31
BHPian

Re: Tyre & Alloys Shop - Pal Tyres (Lamington Road, Mumbai)

I got tyres from him for my w124 this saturday.
I paid 500 advance(that's all he asked for) and went the next day after fixing time.
Straight forward honest chaps.
Personally took test drives to get the alignment perfect.
Helped me with a spanner and lug nuts I was looking for.
He charged for them but prices were very reasonable.
He ensured that the best of my current tyres was put on the spare rim ( no attempts of doing jhol or acting oversmart here )
Nitrogen filling, alignment, balancing and valves were free.
Gave the duly filled warranty card and bill without reminding ( I hate most accesory shops who are not so eager to provide them).
Highly recommended especially for people who are not comfortable negotiating.

P.S.: he charges 3% extra for card payment ( I paid cash though)

He has opened a branch in Vashi where his dad sits. All his stuff can ordered on phone and delivered at vashi
@mods: Please update the vashi details on opening post:

Ajit Tyres
16/17, Annapurna Building, Sector 18, next to Krishna hotel, Vashi 400 706
ph: +91 22 2788 8715
email: paltyres@gmail.com

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 18th October 2012 at 18:27.
Old 18th October 2012, 18:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

I just got shoes for my Honda Civic installed at Pal today. Got 205/65R15 Michelin Primacy MXV4 tyres which were not available anywhere. The guys are straightforward and value for money. They have decent staff and I think I got a pretty good deal on the tyres.
Overall, recommended, but do scout around in that area for better deals if any since tyres are a very erratic item and someone might have a better price than them if they have purchased that model in bulk.

Last edited by frankmehta : 18th October 2012 at 18:38.
Old 19th October 2012, 09:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I just got shoes for my Honda Civic installed at Pal today. Got 205/65R15 Michelin Primacy MXV4 tyres which were not available anywhere. The guys are straightforward and value for money. They have decent staff and I think I got a pretty good deal on the tyres.
Overall, recommended, but do scout around in that area for better deals if any since tyres are a very erratic item and someone might have a better price than them if they have purchased that model in bulk.
Dear Frank,
Have been following your thread religiously. Great to hear you too had great experience with Pal.

While you are right about scouting for better prices, not everyone is an expert with tyres. I got a tyre change for the first time in life and was more worried about being fleeced ( older manufacturing dates, wrong fitting, alignement etc) more than few hundred bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Personally took test drives to get the alignment perfect.
Helped me with a spanner and lug nuts I was looking for.
He charged for them but prices were very reasonable.
He ensured that the best of my current tyres was put on the spare rim ( no attempts of doing jhol or acting oversmart here )
Nitrogen filling, alignment, balancing and valves were free.
Gave the duly filled warranty card and bill without reminding ( I hate most accesory shops who are not so eager to provide them).
Highly recommended especially for people who are not comfortable negotiating.
I value the above points a lot. I anyways spent a packet and lots of time driving an e220 from vashi to lamington road just for the tyres.

His alignment machinery will be in place at vashi only after 22nd October and would have outsourced it now. So he asked me to come lamington road shop itself
Old 24th June 2013, 11:47   #34
BHPian

I just got my Civic Tyres replaced on Saturday. Very honest people , will suggest you based on your requirement. They will not push you for any brand. I got free alignment, balancing ( including weights ), valves and nitrogen filling. Highly recommended.
Old 5th October 2013, 09:07   #35
BHPian

Drove out of the showroom in my spanking new GT TSi and went straight to Pal tyres to upsize to Yokohama S-drive 205/55-15. I got a reasonable deal, the same as some other dealers were offering. But I chose Pal though it was slightly out of the way because of the excellent reviews it's received here.
Was greeted by Gagan who showed me the stuff they had and patiently explained the pros and cons of the different tyres.

Now here's where the problem started...
I went out for lunch with fellow bhpian esma1981. As we returned, we saw the car with the new tyres on and looking quite good indeed. This is all from across the road. One of gagans workers spotted us and said that the job is done.
As we were crossing the road, another worker reverses the car out, straightens it out on the road and FLOORS the gas pedal, completely oblivious to the fact that the owner is standing right behind him. As he disappears down the road, I see him weaving extremely dangerously and rakishly around a taxi and motorcycle. All this on a car that I've driven literally for 2 kilometers. I was appalled. Immediately went to Gagan and told him what I saw. He was also quite pissed off with that worker and as soon as he came back he gave him a earful. Like that would make a difference to these thick-skinned workers.

As I was getting closer to the car, I noticed a bit of dirt on the bonnet, so I asked the worker for a cloth and started cleaning it up. Then to my absolute horror I notice two thin scratches where the dirt had been!
I was getting a little pissed. I asked how it had happened, they didn't say sorry or they don't know. They immediately got supremely defensive and said they have not done it, not only have they not done it but the scratch is on the bonnet, which they hadn't touched.
I know for a fact that the scratch wasn't there before I left, I did observe the car and click a couple of pictures.
Then I ask Gagan to take a look at it. Initially he apologises, but simultaneously says that the workers don't touch the bonnet. By this time the dirt on the bonnet is wiped clean so I can't even point out the dirty bonnet as a sign of someone having touched it or kept something on it. He said "I'll see what can be done" and said he'll get back to me. I doubt he will.

Overall, I was very disappointed. I didn't get a stellar of a deal. So I could've gone to fit the tyres to any other shop. I got the first scratch on my 1 day old car not even in my presence. My car was driven maniacally by some mechanic who thought he was an f1 driver. Zero professionalism.

A very, very disappointed customer.
Not recommended at all.

Last edited by mango_pal : 5th October 2013 at 09:10.
mango_pal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 12:07   #36
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear what happened, but this is the case with any accessory shop in Mumbai if you leave your car unsupervised. Please sit with your car and stay in the shop for jobs like these, its hardly an hour or so. And you can make sure nothing of this sort happens to your car.
Old 5th October 2013, 17:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Sorry to hear what happened, but this is the case with any accessory shop in Mumbai if you leave your car unsupervised. Please sit with your car and stay in the shop for jobs like these, its hardly an hour or so. And you can make sure nothing of this sort happens to your car.
I went to Pal tyres because I read over here that it's so reliable and the workers are great. Also, I had a tight time constraint and needed to be back home quickly. If I didn't have that constraint, I would've hung around with the car.

I chose Pal primarily because I was under the impression that I could trust them completely with the handling of my car. I guess this reaffirms my earlier thought of never to trust anyone with your car. Ever.

In this situation, what would've been more convenient is for me to have gone somewhere on the way back home, Instead of taking a detour.
Old 15th January 2014, 11:32   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Pal tyres for my Skoda's alignment and balancing.

He's bought a new machine three months ago for alignment.

Tyre & Alloys Shop - Pal Tyres (Lamington Road) Now Santa Cruz too-img_3397.jpg

Tyre & Alloys Shop - Pal Tyres (Lamington Road) Now Santa Cruz too-img_3398.jpg

Tyre & Alloys Shop - Pal Tyres (Lamington Road) Now Santa Cruz too-img_3399.jpg

He told me he's going to start stocking super bike tyres in another 3-4 months.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 16:40   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently picked up a set of tyres for the 525D and the Laura from Pal, and am very happy with his level of service and support provided.

Got Michelin Primacy HP on the Laura, Continental Sport Contact 5 on the 525D, and also had a friend install Pirellis on his Laura.

The tyres are competitively priced, work is carried out efficiently and on time (I generally ask him when to send the car, and send it with a trusted driver) and the team is available for any post installation issues.
Once, during payment, there was a slight error on the cheque - Pal was more than happy to take the payment the next day. Small things that make a difference, especially given that most A.S.S. don't accept cheques and make you run around to get cash / DD before you can even see the car!
Old 21st April 2016, 18:30   #40
BHPian

Visited PAL Tyres in December 15 as I had to replace the tyres on my Skoda Rapid TDI. Only visited this shop basis the recommendations on this forum, and received excellent service. The owner is extremely knowledgeable and pricing was very reasonable. Service was also good, and got tyres manufactured in Sep '15.

Took almost 1.5 hours to replace tyres and then do the alignment as Saturday morning was an extremely busy period! Seems this store has a lot of loyal customers who frequently visit for only alignment / balancing.

Ended up buying Yokohoma Earth-1's and am extremely pleased with their performance on my Rapid. Am already looking forward to replacing the tyres on my 10k run Elite i20 which came shod with horrible Bridgestone B250's! Whole-heartedly recommend this shop for honest, good service. The owner himself took a test drive and offered free alignment / balancing along with the tyres.
phoenixash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 13:30   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Got my i10 tyres replaced (second set) last week.

Kenny kept the shop open for me past 830pm to accommodate me.

I'm glad my recommendation is helping so many folks out.
Old 16th September 2016, 10:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Got Falken tyres for my SX4 from them last month. Excellent pricing.
Old 16th September 2016, 11:49   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

While i was writing my Pajero thread, i realised that i didn't mention that i got my Pajero tyres from Pal as well:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post4053504

Thinking about it, i've bought so many alloys and tyres from Pal for my vehicles (not to mention going to him with friends for their vehicles):

- Maruti Gypsy (tyres)
- Tata Safari (alloys and tyres)
- Honda City Type 2 (two sets) (2 set of alloys and 2 sets of tyres)
- Santro (tyres)
- i10 (two sets) (one set of alloys and 2 sets of tyres)
- Pajero (tyres)
- Skoda Octavia (tyres)
- Mercedes C Class (tyres)
- Mahindra Classic (tyres)

This is just me. Before that dad used to go to him for our previous cars - Fiat (Padmini), 118NE, etc
Old 6th April 2018, 11:12   #44
Team-BHP Support

Pal tyres has now opened up another outlet in Santa Cruz just off Linking road, near the Mini and M showroom. Visited last week with a friend to get alignment done on his car. Its worth mentioning that the alignment machine here is one of the top of the line variants from Hunter and cost him some 13 lacs or so. My personal view is that its great to see someone actually invest in something like this in Mumbai, where we still have others who are doing alignment with a string. I think this is a first for Mumbai if I'm not wrong.

Needless to say the alignment was done perfectly.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 11:02   #45
BHPian

Re: Tyre & Alloys Shop - Pal Tyres (Lamington Road) Now Santa Cruz too

Bought new boots for my i20 from the Lamington Road outlet and came away with no complaints. Bought 3 new Yokohama Earth-1 195/55 R16 which I got for 19k total (he had quoted 6500/tyre).

However Kenny’s staff was telling me that due to the on-going metro work their Lamington Road will probably have to shut down for around 12-15 months as the street outside their shop is going to be completely closed off. This is probably going to happen around Feb 19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks