Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and i would rate them as :
Highly Recommended 25 69.44%
Recommended 10 27.78%
NOT Recommended 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:37   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Tyre & Alloys Shop - Pal Tyres (Lamington Road) Now Santa Cruz too

Products sold:
All types of Alloy wheels & Tyres. Indian and imports.

Services offered:
Wheel alignment & Balancing
Puncture Repairs
Alloys wheels refurbishing
Buyback of old and new tyres and alloys
Nitrogen Filling

What I like:

My father has been going here since a long time. I started dealing with him since 1998 when i got my gypsy.

Honest fellow. Does not try to sell you the most expensive product or the product which he has the highest margins. Will give you an honest feedback.

Has an photo album of customers who has alloys and tyres from him. Very helpful in deciding what you want.

Very patient. He will always put on every alloy and tyre you select on the car. How many ever you choose before you make up your mind.

I have never haggled with him (though i always find out prices outside first to double check). His rates are at par.

Shuts normally by 7pm, but on request has stayed open till 10pm for me.

Helped me claim warrantee from dunlop for one defective SP9000.

What I don't like:
Tyres & Wheels are fitted inside the building compound. Has a garage bay, but it is filled with tyres and alloys
Not open on sundays.
Godown is behind his shop and sometimes you may need to go there to check more stuff. The godown is horribly dirty with atleast 200 cockroaches per square meter.
He is not equipped to service old jeeps. His people don't know how to align the tyres of my classic. Atleast he is open about it and refuses to do it and readily gives an alternate location.
Gets crowded with cars. Best to call and take an appointment/time.

Pricing:
Ranges from cheap to reasonable. Never had him quote a higher price than someone else.

Speciality / USP:
None. Jack of all trades.

What I have bought from him:

I have bought tyres and alloys for all my cars from him ever since 1998:
- Honda city (2 sets of alloys and tyres)
- Gypsy (tyres)
- Safari (Alloys and tyres)
- i10 (Alloys and tyres)

Payment Options:

- Cash
- Card
- Cheque (delivery after clearing)

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: A sardar called Kenny (real name Ranveer)
- Phone numbers: +912223083817 / +912226480913 / +912223092485
- Postal Address: 209 Lamington Road, Near Apsara Theatre, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400 007
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre & Alloys Shop - Pal Tyres (Lamington Road) Now Santa Cruz too-picture-4.jpg  

Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that. I have had a dealing with this guy for a college project of mine. A great guy with a very honest & straight forward approach.

He is the only guy i found who was very confident that he can change the alloys of my scorpio without any damage to it's TPMS sensors. later i even saw one mHawk getting its tyres changed from there.
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:18   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I forgot to add one more point:

Free balancing and alignment with purchase of new tyres.
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:15   #4
BHPian

Thats a nice writeup, I go to Pal Tires for my cars too.
Found the guy there very helpful. He does sometimes deal with used Alloys also and sometimes the prices are a steal
Old 2nd June 2010, 13:56   #5
BHPian

+1 to that.
Great Service, Honest, Friendly.
Free Balancing & Alignment, valves and bolts
Got my OHC alloys from there
Old 2nd June 2010, 14:03   #6
BHPian

hello Tejas

Thanks Tejas
Great details shared with minute things also & the whole narration given by you about the experience with the person,will be helpful to many team-bhp brothers in Mumbai.
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:59   #7
BHPian

Thanks for the info. Does he deal in two wheeler tyres as well? It is difficult to get 18 inchers for my bike and almost impossible to get 8 inchers for my scooter.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:34   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Thanks for the info. Does he deal in two wheeler tyres as well? It is difficult to get 18 inchers for my bike and almost impossible to get 8 inchers for my scooter.
Nope. He's doesn't deal in 2 wheeler tyres. But Premji's is right next door to him and i have heard good things about them. Don't own a two wheeler so can't say much.
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

I've dealt with Kenny just once, bought the i20 alloys from him. Nice chap, runs around to find designs you would like, even fetches a few from the godown (not the grumpy type who'll be like yeh itna hi hai koi aur design nahi milega). Infact I went to him on the recommendation of Tejas, and I don't regret it. gave me a good price for my stock rims and I was on a budget so he didn't try to push better rims, just gave me what I wanted and I'm happy with how things turned out.
FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:16   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Just remembered another point:

If the alloys are deep and the OE car spanner doesn't fit / reach the nuts/lugs, he gives a free adapter as well.
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl
If the alloys are deep and the OE car spanner doesn't fit / reach the nuts/lugs, he gives a free adapter as well.
+1 to that. He didn't give me an adapter, he gave me the spanner itself. Have two now, in my toolkit, one for the alloys and one for the spare tyre
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:04   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Highly recommended from my side as well.

Back in 2005, when we got our Lancer, we had her fitted with new 4 year old Falken tyres from another dealer. Those tyres were horrible, and he still gave us a very good buyback for them in exchange for actually new Goodyear Eagle Venturas.

We went back to him last year for new tyres for my jijaji's Lancer. Once again a superb deal.

The only thing I didn't like was that he doesn't stock a few recommended brands. I think they were Michelins and Yokohamas. Do correct me if I am wrong. The last time I dealt with him was a year ago.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:52   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Just remembered another point:

Well, does he do this when he you are using old bolts or does he do this when you are getting a new set of allen key bolts?
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:06   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Well, does he do this when he you are using old bolts or does he do this when you are getting a new set of allen key bolts?
Even when using old bolts. Many times the holes in the alloys are recessed so much that an adapter is required to access the OE bolts.

Edit: he had yokos. My i10 has the A drives from him.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 2nd June 2010 at 19:07. Reason: See edit
Old 6th June 2010, 23:27   #15
BHPian

They are really helpful people, i have used their service twice and must say there prices are quite reasonable, because i have checked with other dealers and have found them to be the cheapest. One nothing to remember is that they have lots of variety and you would be confused and may buy wrong set of tyres, so go there after doing lots of study about the tyres you want. Make up your mind before hand. I went there to buy michelin and bought yokohama instead, as it looked stunning.

But as i said they are one of the best dealer in town, with almost all variety of tyres.

Most Viewed