Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 3 100.00%
Recommended 0 0%
Not Recommended 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:04   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Seats & Upholstery : Chandrakant (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)

Services offered:
  • Replacing seat upholstery, changing seat foam, rebuilding the seat & seat frames.
What I like:
  • Durable construction and quality. Upholstery lasts 4 - 5 years despite all the offroading abuse my Jeep takes (rain, muck, sleeping cats etc.).
  • He manages to get great back support out of his seats.
  • Cheap pricing. Remember to bargain!
  • Relatively quick. Takes 2 days for complete seat rebuilding (including new frame, foam and upholstery)
What I don't like:
  • Not the choice for expensive cars. If your car costs over 6 - 7 lakhs, look elsewhere.
  • Unorganised segment. Don't expect a showroom.
  • Work is good, not excellent. Quality rating 8 / 10 (not 10 / 10).
Pricing: Ranges from cheap to reasonable.

Speciality / USP: Can source any kind of upholstery you want. Can give you any kind of seat shape. Endless options available.

What I have bought from him: 2X Jeep seats done up. 2X canopy (top). 1x Tata Sierra seats.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Chandrakant (main guy) or Prakash
- Phone numbers: 98215.77030
- Postal Address: Chandrakant Car Decorators, Adeshwar Apartment, Next to Darbar Hotel, Prabhadevi, Mumbai - 400 025.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Next to Shaman Motors. The lane behind Siddhivinayak Temple
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:
Seats & Upholstery : Chandrakant (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)-chandrakant.png

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th June 2010 at 18:08. Reason: "Shaman Ford > Shaman Motors" as per reported post.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

I got my Gypsy Front Seats refoamed alongwith seat cover and also got normal seat covers for the rear benches done from Prakash just 2 days back.
It took 5 hours to get the whole work done.

They will remove your seats, take measurements, stich the covers then and there, add foam, check the measurements again and finally fit it on your existing seats.

Quality is good for the price you pay. Honest guy who does the work for you.

People who buy Jeeps / Gypsys and who complain about the seats but also dont want to go for new seats can get this done.

Thanks.
Raj
Old 13th December 2017, 18:15   #3
BHPian

Re: Seats & Upholstery : Chandrakant (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)

I've a 2011 Optra Magnum and I want to increase the under thigh support of the rear seats and also re do the driver seat (cushioning). Who will you recommend in Mumbai or Pune?

This one has an ok lumbar support for the driver seat, is it possible to add lumbar support on the rear seat and/or passenger seat.

Thanks
Sreeji

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Services offered:
  • Replacing seat upholstery, changing seat foam, rebuilding the seat & seat frames.
What I like:
  • Durable construction and quality. Upholstery lasts 4 - 5 years despite all the offroading abuse my Jeep takes (rain, muck, sleeping cats etc.).
  • He manages to get great back support out of his seats.
  • Cheap pricing. Remember to bargain!
  • Relatively quick. Takes 2 days for complete seat rebuilding (including new frame, foam and upholstery)
What I don't like:
  • Not the choice for expensive cars. If your car costs over 6 - 7 lakhs, look elsewhere.
  • Unorganised segment. Don't expect a showroom.
  • Work is good, not excellent. Quality rating 8 / 10 (not 10 / 10).
Pricing: Ranges from cheap to reasonable.

Speciality / USP: Can source any kind of upholstery you want. Can give you any kind of seat shape. Endless options available.

What I have bought from him: 2X Jeep seats done up. 2X canopy (top). 1x Tata Sierra seats.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Chandrakant (main guy) or Prakash
- Phone numbers: 98215.77030
- Postal Address: Chandrakant Car Decorators, Adeshwar Apartment, Next to Darbar Hotel, Prabhadevi, Mumbai - 400 025.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Next to Shaman Motors. The lane behind Siddhivinayak Temple
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:
Attachment 360316
Old 14th July 2018, 07:26   #4
BANNED

Quote:
What I don't like:[list][*]Not the choice for expensive cars. If your car costs over 6 - 7 lakhs, look elsewhere.
Well it's been more than 8 years since this thread was made, and a Honda City was about 8 lakhs on road. In this testimonial, I did take notice of this aforementioned point.

But coming to the point, I have recently acquired a hatchback (Honda Jazz) and thanks to the non-magic seats, the rear bench is as flat as Friedman's World. I was hoping to add some bolstering and re-do the upholstery. Us being us, and stuck in Mumbai, is Chandrakant still the place to visit for such work? Or are there any other destinations better equipped to handle special requests.

Ps. Apologies for rekindling an old thread, but Mumbai is stifled for choices in this forum.
Old 26th August 2022, 08:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Chandrakant Car Decorators
Prabhadevi
The driver’s seat in the VW Polo, the bottom had given way and, this repair was not only something which was important but also, had now become urgent.

Called up Chandrakant, through number provided by GTO.

Timings are Monday to Saturday, 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Always call before going.

Location is, next to Honda showroom at Prabhadevi, on the road that leads to Elphinstone bridge.

I wasn’t present during the repair.
I was told that, part of the metal underbody had broken off and, needs to be soldered/ welded back.

Also, some fresh foam was added as, the earlier foam had softened up/ disintegrated.

After the Polo was back, personally checked the driver’s seat and, good job done

As GTO said, for basic and decent work, Chandrakant is recommended.

I would also add that, maybe for temporary and/ or urgent repairs, you could go.

Thanks for the suggestion @GTO

Last edited by GTsunny : 26th August 2022 at 08:27.
GTsunny is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks