Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:58   #1
Team-BHP Support

Dent & Body Work : Andrade's Garage (Worli, Mumbai)

Products sold:
• Dent and Body work

Services offered:
• Full Car service (I get my cars' pre-monsoon services done here)

What I like:
• Fast service and excellent for guys like me who dont like to drive - they pick and drop my car.
• Will send mechanic to start car at most any hour (I have called them at 8am).

What I don't like:
• If you are particular you need to request Sailesh to make sure the car is spotless before it comes to you.
• THe place is small and in a by-lane so getting there is a pain

Speciality / USP:
Reasonably economical and fast.

Contact Information: Sailesh Andrade - 98211 62584

My Remarks:
They are currently located at Worli Naka, but I have used Andrade since their shop was in old Worli Village (2003 or so).

They are
a. honest
b. reasonable

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th June 2010 at 12:02.
Old 2nd July 2013, 21:36   #2
BHPian

Re: Dent & Body Work : Andrade's Garage (Worli, Mumbai)

Hey Navin, Thanks for the contact, I went there, it is very close to where I live and in between from my way to office, so near perfect. Looking into the insurance transfer with Sailesh's father.
Old 16th July 2013, 00:38   #3
BHPian

Re: Dent & Body Work : Andrade's Garage (Worli, Mumbai)

This is a long overdue report of a couple of things I had gotten done at Andrade's workshop in Mar/Apr 2013.

I took my Laura L&K TDI for a 65000 service + timing belt change along with dent repair and repainting of 3 doors, one rear quarter panel and rear bumper. The dents were very minor but I wanted to get it done as they were bothering me a little.

I had to leave my car at the garage for 3 days, and overall I was satisfied. However there were a couple of points I did not.

What I liked:

- The mechanics there seem to know their jobs. On one of my visits, a Jetta's clutchplate assembly was being replaced, so apparently they are well versed with complicated tasks such as this.

- Honest: They refunded me for accidentally overcharging me even though I didn't notice it.

- The garage in-charge, one Mr. Luis is a very friendly chap and listens to all your issues.

What I didn't like:

- The first time the painting work was done, I drove the car home only to realize that the colour was not matching with the rest of the car. I had to call the garage again and fix an appointment for doing the painting again (which of course they did for free).

- After the painting job was complete, my entire car had small drops of clear coat stuck to the body. The drops were very tiny and could be removed on scratching them hard but there were literally thousands of drops. I had to take the car to 3M to get them all removed.

- They do not do certain kinds of work (like minor suspension work).

Would I recommend it?

Based on my experience, the workmanship of the service part was good, but the same cannot be said for the painting work. I would take my car there again for servicing but not for painting jobs.

Attaching a pic of the current shop location:
Dent & Body Work : Andrade's Garage (Worli, Mumbai)-1.jpg

Last edited by EagleEye : 16th July 2013 at 00:41.
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks