Team-BHP - Premji Tyre Shop (Mahim, Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Premji Tyre Shop (Mahim, Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/82916-premji-tyre-shop-mahim-mumbai.html)

Products sold:
• Tyres

Services offered:
• Wheel balancing and alignment

What I like:
• Knowledgeable - they recommended me upsize my wife's ANHC tyres for better comfort
• Well stocked.

What I don't like:
• Slow delivery
• Limited brands on offer - you have order the eclectic brands

Speciality / USP:
The Joganis have been in this business for generations and hence can get a manufacturers attention.

Contact Information:

My Remarks:
Sailesh Jogani is a gentleman. You can contact him on his mobile (98200 26262)in an emergency.

Since the company I work for is based in Prabhadevi they are convienent for all the company cars (over 20) and we get almost all cars done here.

Though I don't remember having bought anything from Premji, I've used their services for wheel balancing a couple of times.

No complaints.

My wife ANHC spre tyre was stolen at Olive. We only realised it the next day. The car was only a month old (my wife got one the first ANHCs in Mumbai). Premji managed to locate a new tyre (when Arya Honda said it would take weeks). Then when I sent the car and driver to get the tyre they balanced and aligned the existing tyres for free.

That I believe is going above and beyond the call of duty. Yes it did not cost them any money to balance and align the tyres but it was a service they were not obliged to give.

One of the only tyre shops in the city that seems to have demand for Run-Flat tyres. Hence BMW owners can rejoice, you can take your brand new Run-Flats to him and swap them for top grade tubeless tyres for a FREE exchange !

They meet up the expectations and did a good job for me.

My Steering wheel alignment issue as well as balancing was done with perfect job.

The guy did a TD twice to ensure I leave their premises with my probs solved :)

I recommend it.

I chose this over the ones in Santacruz since I was in Prabhadevi yesterday. These guys are thorough professionals and real gentlemen as well. Pretty much everything Navin has listed as improvement areas I observed too (limited stock, especially in alloys, and I had to wait a long time, first in line while other vehicles got shod and then for a non-standard nut that was messengered all the way from Grant Road!). But other than that- no complaints. They balanced my car perfectly for free, and tossed in an 800/- nut as well. Didn't negotiate much on the tyre or alloy prices quoted since I thought it was reasonable. But I overheard the sales staff on the phone with a lot of customers and they seem to be honest enough (I think between 50-200 off on each tyre from quoted price is what you can expect. I saved about 60/- each). I wasn't happy with their alloy range at all but thankfully found something I loved and stuck with it.
I liked the personal touch- they kept plying me with tea and coffee while I waited in the nice AC waiting area. My 4-year old daughter who was with me was given a bar of chocolate and kept entertained by the staff on their breaks; they even let us use their private restrooms, which I was really appreciative of! Highly recommended.

Hi I also upsized my ANHC tires at the same place. I think at most of the places one should be a bit aware as to what tires one what to put and get the shop to implement the same. The choice of alloys is also limited. One can get a bigger choice at Bombay Tires which is located as Milan Subway.

Yes waiting is there, but generally send my car by 10ish at which time there is not much waiting.

I did my last wheel alignment there about four months back. The car came back with the steering quite a bit ofcentre. Had to send the car back a couple of times to rectify the same.

Thoroughly Professional Place. I take my car there for tyre changes, alignment and balancing. My Dad's been going there for ages now.
The staff is knowledgeable and guide you for an up-size changes that you may want to make. Service generally is very quick and efficient.
Shailesh Jogani is very polite and helpful. I was stuck in Pune when a nail went through new tubeless tyres' bought from Premji. I called up the shop, spoke to Shailesh, he gave me the contact numbers and address of another tyre shop in Pune who repairs tubeless tyres, he also spoke to that gentleman and I got my problem cleared.

Choices for alloys and tyres do tend to be limited, but they will get what you want for a later delivery.
Totally recommend it.

Hmmm hmmm hmmm.

I got new AMG rims and tyres for the merc imported and supposedly balanced. However, once i fit them and went to new bombay for work i found a slight vibration and thought i'll get the balancing re checked. Although i only go to Pal tyres, since premji's was on the way, i thought i would go and get balancing and alignment done there.

Went to his shop and parked on the road. The guy at the counter told me that there is already one qualis getting an alignment done and another car is waiting and i would be next. Within the next 5 minutes a laura and optra enter the footpath that leads to the shop and get in the middle of the line. Apparently the laura owner is an old customer and chat's up with the mechanics and get's his car into the line as soon as the quails work was done.

I politely asked the gentleman at the counter if it is standard practice to let new customers be given last priority. At this he says no no and then goes out to check. Meets the laura owner and hugs him and comes back in. Then he says that now since it's on the ramp, let the work be done and i'll take you next. Then one of his mechanics tries to get the opera in the middle. That's when i lost my patience and said, i'm sorry i don't want to do work here and was walking out. Another elderly gent who was till now hearing everything came out and apologized to me and moved the optra back and got my car in and started the work.

Rear wheel showed a slight degree change in angulation during alignment and he just aligned the front wheels and said this much error for rear wheel will not be felt. I said but it will eat my tyre and i had to stand in front of his machine and verify that he finally adjusted the rear wheel as well.

Balancing work was not unto the mark either. Many times, the machine showed 5 or 10 gram more to be added either inside or outside and the guy just removed the tyre. He said, "itna chalta hai". Only on literally nagging him did he balance it properly. Even applying a bit of superglue on the edges after the weights were stuck required constant chiding.

Overall, not a very pleasant experience for me.

Similar experience with me. I went there for alignment once, since PAL was upgrading his machine. Firstly getting onto that footpath and into the shop is a real pain. Then the alignment job they did was crappy, it didn't help one bit and the car was still pulling a slight bit. They also managed to get my steering off centre which I had to get corrected at Honda when I sent the car for a service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2498314)
They also managed to get my steering off centre which I had to get corrected at Honda when I sent the car for a service.

:OT Akshay, Can u explain what exactly is meant by a off center steering after alignment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 2498873)
:OT Akshay, Can u explain what exactly is meant by a off center steering after alignment?

Post alignment, there could be a minor change in steering geometry which causes the steering wheel to appear slightly off center when the car is pointing and driving perfectly straight ahead. This is normally corrected by removing the horn assembly and adjusting the steering wheel from inside the car. This generally happens if the adjustment required in alignment is large or there is a dramatic shift in 1 tyre's alignment while the other is ok, say damage caused by going fast over potholes, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAS (Post 2498920)
Post alignment,
This is normally corrected by removing the horn assembly and adjusting the steering wheel from inside the car.
etc.

I think not so with an airbag for the driver in the steering wheel. In that case after this offcenter shows up during the trial the mechanic has to loosen check nut of the left and right tie rod ends and turn both equally so that the steering wheel centers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar (Post 2520435)
I think not so with an airbag for the driver in the steering wheel. In that case after this offcenter shows up during the trial the mechanic has to loosen check nut of the left and right tie rod ends and turn both equally so that the steering wheel centers.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I drive an Alto so things are very simple. If one has an airbag, I guess the work involved must be significantly more since the mechanic precisely has to adjust the tie rods by screwing / unscrewing them equally.

I used the services of Premji's Tyre Plus at Thane ( near the Big Bazar , Old Agra Road) for buying new Yokos C drive . I am mighty impressed by the professionalism and knowledge displayed at the workshop . The owner is Mark Premji ( who is related to the other Premjis ) .
I saw cars coming there all the way from South Mumbai to get their tyre work done