Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly recommended 25 64.10%
Recommended 13 33.33%
NOT recommended 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:24   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Spare parts : Shetty Motors (Opera House, Mumbai)

Products sold:
  • Complete range of automotive spare-parts. Engine, drivetrain, suspension, brakes, interiors etc. for all Indian cars. Also sells Mobil 1 synthetic oils.
What I like:
  • In the business since 1958. Honest management & great reputation. Simple people to deal with. Entirely family-run enterprise.
  • Original parts guaranteed.
  • Can even get you rare-to-find spares for discontinued models (say for a Contessa, Fiat Uno etc).
  • Fixed pricing policy.
What I don't like:
  • Doesn't stock spares for imported cars. Including the CBU Camry, Mercs & BMWs.
Pricing: Either cheaper, or on par with, other spare part shops.

Speciality / USP: None in particular. An honest spare parts store, thats all.

What I have bought from him: Several components for my cars over the years.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Somnath / Somesh
- Phone numbers: 2382.1390
- Postal Address: Hansraj Damodar Building, Nr. Kennedy Bridge, Opera House, Mumbai - 400 004
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Opposite Parekh Market
- Email / Website : shettymotorstores04@gmail.com
- GoogleMap:
Spare parts : Shetty Motors (Opera House, Mumbai)-shetty-motors.png

Last edited by GTO : 29th July 2016 at 12:47.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2010, 12:06   #2
BHPian

Yes they are I think one of the rare stores in town who stock almost all parts for Fiat Palio Petrols.
I bought all badges, sun visors , and many non-so important , but difficult/impossible to find fiat palio spares.
Old 6th June 2010, 02:03   #3
BHPian

I agree to that point, they have any spare part you want!. If they do not have a stock they will arrange for the same!
But they sometimes try to sell you non genuine stuff claiming it is genuine, which I did not appreciate. may be they thought i was a newbie!
Old 6th June 2010, 02:37   #4
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it'll be of help to many of us. Also, i am on the lookout for a good third-party garage for Merc and Skoda. Any help on this will be great.
Old 6th June 2010, 12:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Can even get you rare-to-find spares for discontinued models (say for a Contessa, Fiat Uno etc).
True, I visit regularly there shop at Opera House as well as at Turbhe, Navi Mumbai, to pick up parts for my father's ten years old Matiz (in my native). Shiva at there Mumbai shop is very friendly. Satisfied with the service and price at both their shops.

Navi Mumbai Branch:

Plot No. 3, Sector 23, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai 400 613.
Tel: 022 2783 0840
gaddiwale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2010, 14:35   #6
BHPian

My father has been visiting them since the 60s and I have been doing the same since 90s. Down-to-earth people and they usually give the best price without any bargaining.

I recommend this shop even to my friends who have no idea about purchasing spares since I know they wont get cheated here.
Old 21st July 2010, 11:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Good and honest people, but make sure you take a sample of whatever you need. They don't work without them unless it's a fairly common part.

They didn't have head bolts of an OHC VTEC and when they finally ordered them for me, the bolts seemed to be used or kept in the open.
Old 21st July 2010, 11:16   #8
BHPian

do they sell FIAT PALIO spares in FIAT packing... i.e from the FIAT... here in bangalore counter sales have been banned & FIAT A$$ are the worst here..
also can they courier parts to bangalore ??
Old 21st July 2010, 21:59   #9
BHPian

Just this weekend, a friend needed to have her wiper motor assembly replaced on her Palio. It was a LUCAS make and she was quoted a price 30% higher then what she finally bought from the Lucas dealer opposite Shetty motors...

... and this happens 15 days after I wrote my comment in support of them! I think I will downgrade my rating by a notch.
Old 21st July 2010, 22:35   #10
BHPian

Even though my VTEC is totalled now, I can still recall my numerous trips to their store. Products purchased:

1. Mobil1 4 litre pack (5W50 grade. They even had the 0 grade in stock)
2. Complete Clutch assembly, including Exedy clutch, pressure plates, NSK release bearing, original Honda clutch cable, X-mission oil. Mind you, I was specifically looking for Exedy and only they had it.
3. Radiator Fan of a Taiwan make as they didn't have the original Honda one. Although they flatly refused to give any kind of warranty, it did work without any hassles.

I'd recommend them if you are looking for spares you can't find elsewhere but be prepared to pay a premium. Also, just thought I'd mention this, the X-mission oil they sold me actually turned out to be the power steering oil. I did mention this to them while buying but they showed me the literature on the container where it was mentioned 'gear oil'. It was confirmed when I overhauled the clutch, had to buy the oil separately again. Guess, it meant the gears on the steering rack pinion.
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:04   #11
BHPian

My first experience of buying something over the phone - call : order : pay - and thats it ! No hassles whatsoever !

A 'Kit cover Shift Control' gone bad in my Corsa has made her stay in the workshop over the last 4 weeks. GM had none in stock - even at Halol, Gujrat. I had been searching frantically for that part at every possible shop I knew in pune and none offered any relief/ hopes and one of the shop owners even suggesting me to take a look in Chor-bazaar !

Called up the shop yesterday eve, and the part is delivered in Pune today morning, without any advance payment over the VPP. I am genuinely shocked to get such service. Although I paid a premium for the part, it was expected and I really do not mind it at all !

Verdict : Definitely recommended !

Last edited by hkanitkar : 23rd July 2010 at 23:09.
hkanitkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2010, 14:39   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
Just this weekend, a friend needed to have her wiper motor assembly replaced on her Palio. It was a LUCAS make and she was quoted a price 30% higher then what she finally bought from the Lucas dealer opposite Shetty motors...

... and this happens 15 days after I wrote my comment in support of them! I think I will downgrade my rating by a notch.

Bro,

Sometimes the part you purchase is the same but the rates keep changing. In this case maybe your friend was passed on a old stock with a lower price or maybe vice versa newer part has a lower price on it. Check it

Regards,
Vish
Old 25th July 2010, 23:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
Bro,

Sometimes the part you purchase is the same but the rates keep changing. In this case maybe your friend was passed on a old stock with a lower price or maybe vice versa newer part has a lower price on it. Check it

Regards,
Vish
No Sir, thats not the case. Both the items were from the same month and year of manufacture.

Last edited by abdriver2000 : 25th July 2010 at 23:40.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:12   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
My first experience of buying something over the phone - call : order : pay - and thats it ! No hassles whatsoever
Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I went to Shetty Motors. I usually call them - order - pay myself.

Quote:
Called up the shop yesterday eve, and the part is delivered in Pune today morning, without any advance payment over the VPP. I am genuinely shocked to get such service. Although I paid a premium for the part, it was expected and I really do not mind it at all !
Glad you have a positive experience with them
Old 27th July 2010, 22:48   #15
BHPian

My vote for Shetty Motors just got cemented !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Glad you have a positive experience with them
Another one in 2 days time with all heavy rains !
I ordered a new AC fan for my Corsa on Saturday morning - the part was delivered yesterday afternoon at my doorstep.
Same procedure : Just call them up, give them the part number, confirm the order, and the part is delivered ! Heck, they even had my address saved with them !

I have recommended Shetty Motors to even Pashankar Auto ( the only authorised GM dealer ) Pune - as most of the parts are not available with GM !

On the other hand, prices are a bit higher than those at the Dealers. But IMO, Lower cost of parts + Long waiting time ( min. of 8 days - which further goes on increasing - It took a whole 20 days for my clutch assembly to arrive at Pune from Halol, Gujrat. ) till the part arrives at dealer is definitely equatable and justifies higher pricing at Shetty Motors.
hkanitkar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed