Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly recommended 25 64.10%
Recommended 13 33.33%
NOT recommended 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 18:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I went to Shetty Motors. I usually call them - order - pay myself.

Glad you have a positive experience with them
Is the payment COD type ?

thanks
Old 7th September 2010, 19:33   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Is the payment COD type ?

thanks
Not too sure, though some other BHPians have reported so. I usually send my man to pick the parts up.
Old 8th September 2010, 13:59   #18
BHPian

very nice place

I have been buying parts from shetty for over 5-7 years now, and trust me you shall get parts for most cars that are not available in the market anywhere, i have got parts for my fathers uno diesel and now fiat siena from there at most reasonable prices and these parts were either highly priced at other shops or totally not available. i also got off the counter MGP oversized pistons for the esteem engine. i thought they'd make me wait for a few days but no, all i was made to wait is for 15 mins and i had the parts with me. honest down to earth people.

do they deliver parts as well on ordering over the phone ?
Old 25th September 2010, 11:36   #19
BHPian

Outstanding availability of parts, excellent service. Replaced the rear tail lamp for my Accord 2.3 Vti for Rs.1200/-. Also got Mobil 1 5W-40 at 3000/-. Only negative - no cards, only cash.
Old 16th December 2010, 00:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spare parts : Shetty Motors (Opera House, Mumbai)

Bought the entire front suspension for my OHC from them. Met up with Somesh there. Very helpful. We have exchanged numbers and he has asked me to call him in the future for any parts so that he can keep them ready and I can just go and pick them up without having to wait. Gave me a good deal on the parts.

A big thumbs up. Highly recommended and very professional guys.
Old 18th January 2011, 15:31   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Got Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 for the Superb since the 1.8TSi loves drinking the oil. Paid 775 per liter.

Previously i filled her up with some Mobil1 5w-50 when the engine oil light came up. But I have found slight shuddering at low rpm lately perhaps that due to the oil mix up? Skoda uses Shell hence going to stick to that for future top-ups.

They did not offer home delivery but I placed the order over the phone and the oil was kept aside to be picked up.
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:11   #22
BHPian

Alto tail lamp expensive

Hi I wanted to convert my alto type1 tail lamp set to the new type 3 lumax set and went to the lumax dealer at opera house but he did not have the pair and asked me to come back on wednesday and quoted me 480 per piece. Then I tried a few other shops like nitin motors who stocks mgp but he too did not have the set and quoted me 525. Shetty motors took the cake when I went there and he had the lumax pair but quoted me 650 rs .Will go there only if I find that my parts are nowhere to be found and with mgp that is a rarity .

Last edited by GTO : 24th January 2011 at 16:09. Reason: Making your post more readable. Please proof-read prior to submitting
anky is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th March 2011, 20:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Can someone confirm the email address for shetty motors as i have mailed them twice but have not heard from them at all.
Old 29th March 2011, 23:27   #24
BHPian

Since you are in Mumbai, I would highly recommend picking up the phone and calling them. They are usually very prompt in confirming availability/non availability of parts while you are on the line.
Old 29th March 2011, 23:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Soumya, i had actually done that as well but i was put on hold a couple of times (maybe they were too many customers to attend) hence tried emailing them. I shall ring them again for sure.
Old 24th May 2011, 18:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Do these guys have stock of spares for newer car models or can they order them if wanted ?
Old 14th January 2013, 09:42   #27
BHPian

After my Zen steering assembly caught fire in September last year, the steering assembly was not available anywhere including the A.S.C's. I checked with all shops at Opera house, none had it in stock. Finally got it at Shetty Motors. Was so happy to get it there after having scouted Western Auto and other aftermarket shops. Had almost given up on sourcing a MGP steering and thought of fitting the sports steering. But luckily got that.
Old 26th August 2014, 09:50   #28
BHPian

Worst exp at Shetty . Wanted a repair kit for my 2010 Accord steering rack. Vashi store quoted 5850. Opera store quoted 3500. Finally bought the same kit from city motor company for 1625. Would never ever go to Shetty again. Search the market and you get every damn thing.
Old 25th July 2016, 19:56   #29
BHPian

Had been to Shetty Motor Stores for parts hunting for my Skoda Fabia 1.4 Tdi. Anticipating the traffic on a weekend (Saturday afternoon), and availability of a parking space at opera house, i took a bus. 2.5 hrs of travelling. But it was totally worth it. Every single thing was readily available. They just had to procure it from their storage. Things like timing belt kit for fabia, they had it in stock. Mostly i was searching for suspension components, and i got them at one shop. I was even offered a typical madras coffee also as i was waiting As i was waiting at the shop, a vast variety of customers came and went, like Honda owners, Maruti owners etc. but nobody left empty handed. There was one guy with a picture of a bearing on his phone, of an imported vehicle, and that part was available at the shop. The guy was going to ship that bearing to someone in the states.
The trip was worth because i found all the parts for my vehicle, under one roof, at a very reasonable cost. A lot of cost saving happens when we procure the parts on our own.
Definitely recommended for our fellow BHPians.
allien936 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 12:53   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by allien936 View Post
Every single thing was readily available. They just had to procure it from their storage.
Insider information - In the retail world, telling a customer you're getting something from 'storage' usually means you don't have it in stock and will procure it from another shop for the customer .

This is especially the case in a market where lots of shops are selling the same type of goods. In our Plywood business (at a predominantly plywood marketplace), no shop was ever out of stock of anything. Even if the customer wanted the rarest brand or size, we'd make them sit for 30 minutes while it was arranged from 'our godown' (i.e. a friendly competitor).
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks