View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and rate them as:
Highly Recommended 14 58.33%
Recommended 9 37.50%
NOT Recommended 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 00:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Exhausts - Automech Engineers (Parel, Mumbai)

Going tomorrow with the Brio! Very excited!
Old 21st September 2015, 09:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Does Automech make exhausts for Diesel cars?
Old 9th October 2015, 15:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Does Automech make exhausts for Diesel cars?
AFAIK, They do. Will be visiting them to get some information about my Jetta TDI soon.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 15:17   #19
BHPian

Folk's Need Advice. I am currently in the process of Revamping my Palio 1.6 GTX.

ITs rear muffler has rusted and fallen off and I am left with Two Options Either to Go
for Original Muffler costing 13,600 or Go for Automech.

Money is not a problem and I am more tilted toward original Still wanted advice on
Automech on Palio 1.6
Old 10th January 2016, 15:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club View Post
Folk's Need Advice. I am currently in the process of Revamping my Palio 1.6 GTX.

ITs rear muffler has rusted and fallen off and I am left with Two Options Either to Go

Money is not a problem and I am more tilted toward original Still wanted advice on
Automech on Palio 1.6
I'd love for my car exhaust to fall off so I can do an all new one!
Of course, Automech! You won't get any other answer on Team-Bhp.com!
Old 11th January 2016, 10:29   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Automech on Palio 1.6
I just got the 3 & 4 pipe + end can done for my GTX from Automech, since the old pipes had rusted! For whatever reasons, the car feel lighter (accelerates better) and revvs better. I paid a total of 7.5K for the work. Haven't done the entire system though.

The sound is nice as well, am told it'll get better as more carbon deposits happen. The work will take close to 5 hours, so it's better to drop the car in the morning and then have some plans for those 4-5 hours.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 10:38   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Fightclub / Frankmehta / Swiftandfurious - if you meet Ajay Mhapsekar there (he is the owner), please give him my regards. I know Ajay since a very long time. Also thank him for the very good job that he did a couple of months back on my first generation Honda City 1.5EXi! . Ajay knows what the customer wants, he also knows what he does, so you all can be rest assured.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 12:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Fightclub / Frankmehta / Swiftandfurious - if you meet Ajay Mhapsekar there (he is the owner), please give him my regards. I know Ajay since a very long time. Also thank him for the very good job that he did a couple of months back on my first generation Honda City 1.5EXi! . Ajay knows what the customer wants, he also knows what he does, so you all can be rest assured.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
So far done: one palio 1.2 free flow, one jeep cj3b, one i10.
Please go with eyes closed (and ears open to hear revs). They are awesome.
genesis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 13:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I'd love for my car exhaust to fall off so I can do an all new one!
Of course, Automech! You won't get any other answer on Team-Bhp.com!
Ha Ha ! That Really Cracked me up.

Quote:
I just got the 3 & 4 pipe + end can done for my GTX from Automech, since the old pipes had rusted! For whatever reasons, the car feel lighter (accelerates better) and revvs better. I paid a total of 7.5K for the work. Haven't done the entire system though.

The sound is nice as well, am told it'll get better as more carbon deposits happen. The work will take close to 5 hours, so it's better to drop the car in the morning and then have some plans for those 4-5 hours.
Pardon my Lack of Knowledge but I guess you have not changed the Head unit and removed the cat con middle unit and Rear muffler.

Please consider me a little conservative but reading at some the Reviews I would keep the head unit. I have two option just Replace the Muffler or go with Middle and Rear unit

Please also tell me whether the Upgrade you have done requires any Fiddling around with "Lambada" sensor
Old 11th January 2016, 16:24   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....Pardon my Lack of Knowledge but I guess you have not changed the Head unit and removed the cat con middle unit and Rear muffler.

Please consider me a little conservative but reading at some the Reviews I would keep the head unit. I have two option just Replace the Muffler or go with Middle and Rear unit

Please also tell me whether the Upgrade you have done requires any Fiddling around with "Lambada" sensor
Being conservative - that makes two of us! Even I didn't change the header or catcon as the low end torque is really good & the car is 14 years old.

All I did is replace the pipe towards the end along with the muffler. No tweaking of the lambda sensor either. This is more of a stock replacement. If you want a stainless steel option, that would cost above 20 grands I believe.

What I didn't like
1. They don't have card payment
2. None of the sounds / videos are recorded; so no samples to choose from

Please search for Automech exhausts in YouTube and choose a sound you like so that you can show them what you need from your exhaust. Also tell them when (@ what rpm) should it be loud and they'll do it accordingly.

I had told them that I need the exhaust go be loud after 3000 rpm, but it seems to be loud from the start. Will wait for a month before I take it back.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th January 2016 at 16:28.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 12:32   #26
BHPian

Bumping a slightly old thread.

Got an FFE done for my Alto K10 from Automech.
My observations in a nutshell:-
1) Totally professional and a pleasure to work with
2) Quality of components which they use are very good
3) Customized solutions (I had asked for low sound and high power, also SS options available for material of construction)
Feel free to hear it here-
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...llrNzFMUWU0cVU
4) Timely delivery and feedback
5) Good pricing (I was charged Rs. 9000 +12.5% Taxes for the enitire job)
6) Definitely the most experienced FFE guys in Bombay
7) They are also dealers for K&N and other big brands
8) Most of materials are made in-house

My car is now leaping forward at the push of the throttle. Enjoying the second and third glances. Kids in my colony are actually coming up to me and asking me that am i a racer? (After viewing the LTD stickers and hearing the exhaust note). No, i tell them- i just drive safe. I guess my little kitten (K10) has now grown up and growls like a big cat.
ankurchaturvedi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2018, 21:09   #27
BHPian

A question to all who have fitted an FFE, have you been stopped by the cops and questioned??

If yes , is it an illegal mod? How easy is it to get away with one. ?

Planning to get aftermarket mufflers fitted (no headers ) on my grand I10 from automech this Saturday.
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
A question to all who have fitted an FFE, have you been stopped by the cops and questioned??

If yes , is it an illegal mod? How easy is it to get away with one. ?

Planning to get aftermarket mufflers fitted (no headers ) on my grand I10 from automech this Saturday.
It is definitely an illegal mod.

If it is a loud one, there are more chances to get caught. Atleast in Bangalore the cops were removing loud exhaust from cars as well.

I had a FFE on my car for close to 6 years and was never caught and that was probably because the sound output was low.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
It is definitely an illegal mod.

If it is a loud one, there are more chances to get caught. Atleast in Bangalore the cops were removing loud exhaust from cars as well.
Thanks tharian for the reply.

Planning on getting the muffler replaced, and asking for the sound output to be loud only post crossing the 3K RPM mark. Basically want a low to medium sound, don't want all those rattling and screaming sounds that are on youtube.
Old 23rd March 2018, 12:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
Thanks tharian for the reply.

Planning on getting the muffler replaced, and asking for the sound output to be loud only post crossing the 3K RPM mark. Basically want a low to medium sound, don't want all those rattling and screaming sounds that are on Youtube.
If it is a custom made muffler, make sure it is packed tight with lot of glasswool. This is will reduce the harsh noise and it will be just a bass sound at idle and low revs. Since it is just the end can you are replacing, the overall sound will be low as well.

If it is performance you are looking at, it is good to replace the complete exhaust system with a free flow one.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed