Team-BHP - Exhausts - Automech Engineers (Parel, Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Exhausts - Automech Engineers (Parel, Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/83256-exhausts-automech-engineers-parel-mumbai.html)

Products sold:Services offered:What I like:What I don't like:Pricing: Reasonable

Speciality / USP: The best exhaust guys in Bombay. Can design & install an exhaust for any car (Indian or import)

What I have bought from him: My OHC Vtec's free flow, performance exhaust for my best friend's car, and an OEM replacement exhaust for my cousin's Ikon

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Vivek / Ajay
- Phone numbers: 2492.6819 / 6660.1055
- Postal Address: 3, Vasan Udyog Bhavan, Ground Floor, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400 013
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Opposite Phoenix Mills
- Email / Website : AutoMECH Engineers
- GoogleMap:
Exhausts - Automech Engineers (Parel, Mumbai)-automech.png

:thumbs up
I have purchased the FFE & had the conical piping done for my K&N from Automech.Thoroughly professional guys,Vivek knows his job and knows what he is talking about.He's also a great guy to chat with especially about cars.

I didn't want to leave the car when i went it for FFE and was with the car the whole time.I felt quite at home discussing cars with vivek from the 800 to the Nissan Skyline.

My last visit to them was due to a bracket getting loose and the exhaust was making a rattling noise,and they had to weld at the bottom to fix it.Vivek did not even charge me for the same and did it for free.There was a Mahindra classic jeep there which at 1st i thought belonged to GTO, to which he replied (since it was in a little bad shape)such a Jeep couldn't be Team-BHP jeep as it was too ill maintained :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar (Post 1927373)
I have purchased the FFE & had the conical piping done for my K&N from Automech.

They do intakes as well now? Cool.

Quote:

Thoroughly professional guys,Vivek knows his job and knows what he is talking about.He's also a great guy to chat with especially about cars.
Agreed. All that car talk while the install is underway!!

Quote:

My last visit to them was due to a bracket getting loose and the exhaust was making a rattling noise,and they had to weld at the bottom to fix it.
Exactly why I included the point that I did under the "What I don't like" heading.

I have had a not so good experience with Automech. Fitted a FFE exhaust to my Matiz and there was a leakage from the end of the header every few weeks. Basically a packing material used at the end of the header (where it gets connected to ther pipes) used to get burnt.
When i went 2 or 3 times with the same complaint I was told that there is a problem with the header made for the Matiz
I was never charged for the jobs done to recticfy the problem and fortunately they had kept the original header which i never bothered to take back.
I think this would be a one off problem with the Matiz header because otherwise I have seen some lovely installs done by them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1928053)
Exactly why I included the point that I did under the "What I don't like" heading.

Well actually in my case the bracket went loose after like 3 years after fitment , so i guess they can be forgiven atleast in this case.Frankly apart from this i have absolutley no problem with the FFE.

What they really got going for them is that they have a CNC pipe bending machine.

I don't know of any other exhaust designer/fabricator who does.

Can that machine bend pipes of only certain diameters? I might have a small project in the coming months where I could use a pipe bending machine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavt (Post 1929498)
Can that machine bend pipes of only certain diameters? I might have a small project in the coming months where I could use a pipe bending machine.

Yeah, limited to the dies that he has. The dies are of a particular bend diameter and pipe diameter, check if one of them works for you. But they are typically large radius bend dies.

Hello,

I just called up Auto mech for a FFE system for my Ikon 1.6.
They have quoted 10k for the job right from headers to tail piece.
But the installation will be sans the cat-con.
This is worrying me.
The person whom I spoke to said that removal of cat-con will show up on the readings of the PUC.

Any advice regarding the above.

Also I told him that I do not want a loud note, to which he has assured me that it would be mild and sporty.

Since I am from Pune I asked him if there are any automech Kit suppliers in Pune.On which he said there are but wants me come to Mumbai. Thats ok!!

He has assured me that the job will be completed in a day,provided I come to the workshop around 0900 and 1000 hrs.

Cheers,

naj

Quote:

Originally Posted by naj (Post 1935495)
I just called up Auto mech for a FFE system for my Ikon 1.6. They have quoted 10k for the job right from headers to tail piece.

You might want to ask him about the stainless steel alternative. Longer life (no rust).

Quote:

But the installation will be sans the cat-con.
This is worrying me.
All free flow exhausts have the CC removed, as it can be a restrictor to "free flowing". Still, your car shouldn't have a problem clearing the PUC checks. If it still bothers you, tell him you want to retain the CC.

Quote:

Also I told him that I do not want a loud note, to which he has assured me that it would be mild and sporty.
Automech's given exactly this solution to my best friend. He works in the corporate world and didn't want to arrive at office / clients with a loud exhaust. Below 3,000 rpms, it sounds just like a regular exhaust. Above that, all hell breaks loose.

Quote:

Since I am from Pune I asked him if there are any automech Kit suppliers in Pune.On which he said there are but wants me come to Mumbai. Thats ok!!
For sure, Automech Mumbai has the best facilities of any exhaust chap.

Quote:

He has assured me that the job will be completed in a day,provided I come to the workshop around 0900 and 1000 hrs.
Took about the same time for my Vtec too.

Hello,

Thanks GTO!!

I will ask him for the quotes for SS pipings.Any way when I asked him about the life of the MS one he has said that for PUNE claimate the new system should last for atleast 3 years.

I am waiting for an opportunity to make a trip for the fitting.I will be driving with a friend,a fellow Team -Bhp member to accompany me there.

This will be total replacement for the stock exhaust.

Infact I also asked him if he has a recording of the exhaust notes on his PC.He denied.But dont you think it will be very exciting to have such a directory of various configs of his exhaust work and the enthusiast can choose one.Great!

Will keep all posted regarding .
Cheers,
naj

Can't vote twice, though this post can count as a double vote. It's been two months since I got my second free flow exhaust from Auto Mech, and they truly run a professional outfit. Excellent installation, sound that's exactly what I asked for, quick turnaround time and prompt feedback. Quality of material is top class; the horsepower increase isn't a bad thing either :D

Of course, as with my OHC, this time too I had to pay them a second visit to fine-tune the sound (the first muffler was too mild for my taste).

Definitely amongst the best exhaust chaps in the country. Thumbs up.

I agree completely with the posts above and wholeheartedly endorse Automech. Both Vivek and Ajay are a delight to deal with and talk to. A few minutes of car talk on my first visit there and Vivek and I were chatting as if we'd know each other for years. It's just GREAT chatting cars with Vivek. I don't know where the time flies and i always have a great day there. Very friendly, completely down to earth, and very willing to provide you with exactly the sound and performance you want from your exhaust. I've been there quite a few times since, and have also taken a few of my friends there for their free flows and strut braces and i have always come back more than satisfied.
Needless to say my Esteem has been transformed. I love the perfectly understated growl and the way she just seems to keep 'flowing freely' as the revs keep rising. In fact, i can feel a marked difference whenever i drive my friend's Esteem which has a stock exhaust, as that tends to feel restricted in the higher reaches of the rev range, whereas mine just keeps pulling cleanly.

You'll often find me grinning like an idiot while i'm driving alone and i have a perfectly sane explanation for that.
It's a phenomenon called 'The Automech Effect' !! :D

Ummm, the exhaust on my Chevrolet Spark has rusted (typical problem with 1st batch cars). Now that I'm ready to replace it, I'm thinking of Automech complete exhaust kit.

Does this require my car to be taken there?
Approximate cost?
Anyother suggestions?

I've already got a K&N intake kit on my car. Thanks!

I got a stock replacement exhaust for my Santro made from these guys and so far it has lasted longer than the original hyundai exhaust. They were a pleasure to work with when i went to them more than 3 years ago. The only negative aspect about the experience is that their workshop was a bit cramped and there wasnt enough place for more than 2 cars.