Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly recommended 3 50.00%
Recommended 1 16.67%
Not recommended 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 14:32   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*Budget* Exterior / Interior Detailing - Master Polishers (Mumbai)

Not everyone wants to spend 5,000 bucks on each detailing job right? Well, here's a budget offering that is well-suited to cars from the A, B and C segments (below 10 lakhs):

Services offered:
  • Complete packages for car exterior / interior detailing
  • Also do piecemeal work (etc. only exterior polishing)
What I like:
  • Great value. Their charges are between Rs. 1,800 - 2,500 for exterior & interior work, combined! Usually get them for cars like the Indigo, City etc.
  • 2 - 3 professionals work on your car for 6 - 9 hours. Thoroughly trained professionals.
  • The equipment (tools, cleaning liquids, waxes etc.) that they bring along are all branded.
  • Convenience : Work is performed down your house / office.
What I don't like:
  • Work is good (8.5 / 10 at best), not excellent (10 / 10). For the price though, you cant get any better. Sheer VFM.
Pricing: Cheapest amongst the organised segment.

Speciality / USP: Everything to do with making your car look good. Attention to detail of high order : I've seen them using cottonbuds to clean the air-con vents

What I have bought from him: Used their services about 10 times over the last 6 - 7 years.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Sunita (customer service) / Vasant (supervises the work)
- Phone numbers: 2666.4899 / 2666.4235
- Postal Address: Not applicable. They come down to your house
- Email / Website : masterpolishers@yahoo.com
- GoogleMap: N/A

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2010 at 14:38.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

This is great new GTO. I will contact them post rains.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:56   #3
BHPian

GTO,

Thank you for this info. Any polisher for the non-budget segment, and for D cars?

Regards

P.S. : There must be a thread on car polishing here - can you please provide the link?

When does a car require exterior polish? What kind of polish is ideal for a high humidity and high temperature region - such as Bombay?
Old 30th June 2010, 18:42   #4
BHPian

Got the link :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...etics-165.html
Old 1st July 2010, 14:19   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Any polisher for the non-budget segment, and for D cars?
Outstanding work at a premium price : Linky

Quote:
When does a car require exterior polish?
I now get my cars completely detailed (interior & exterior) every 6 months.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:56   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Used their service last month for our old Accord just before selling it. They did a good enough job, professional approach. Charged 2500 for the Accord interiors & exteriors.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:13   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Used their service last month for our old Accord just before selling it. They did a good enough job, professional approach. Charged 2500 for the Accord interiors & exteriors.
Glad the recommendation helped you. How about casting your vote on the poll?
Old 13th October 2010, 08:20   #8
BHPian

Thanks GTO. Great recommendation.

I made an appointment with them for interior detailing of my Safari 2.2 on Friday at 10.30 am. I spoke with Ms. Sunita. The two guys arrived promptly at 10 am and began what turned out to be an excellent job.

1st, about the Safari. My seat covers are fabric. The Safari has done more than 30,000 kms of highway driving alone across KA, TN and KL in 12 months.
And almost completely with the windows down. My wife cant stand AC .
And typically with a lot of people packed in and eating inside the car.
And the Safari has never had a professional interior detailing done. Only the weekly casual cleaning by the guy washing the car.
So enough said about the state of the interiors, not to mention about the incident where the guy washing the car left the windows slightly open over 3 days of rain (I was out of town) and the consequent fungusand mothballing of the seats. This is what prompted me to urgently call Master Polishers.

The guys finished their cleaning at 6pm sharp with only a 20 min. break for lunch. Thats it and That long. I was with them for the most part. And I didnt have to interfere.

The vehicle interiors are fit to be seen and be surprised with (of course only if you had seen the earlier avatar). 5 Stars.
Even the fabric covers seem as good as new. No stains on the roof, AC vents picked clean. Not a spot anywhere in the plastic gaps. Gear knob shining etc. etc.
Out of curiosity, whats the difference then between budget interior cleaning and high end version of the same?

The only two downsides:
The vehicle is reeking of a chemical/water smell. But after the condition and effort involved in cleaning I am not complaining and I know I am paying the price for my "maintenance". My Solution: I am going to park the Safari inside a neighbours garage for a day or two over the weekend and leave the windows open for the smell to go away.
I was initially told the cost is 1500 for the interior detailing by Ms. Sunita. But as per the rate card shown to me it was 1700 and that is what I uncomplainingly paid.

Now, since the exterior detailing has never been done I am proposing to get that done for the first time at Mazda as recommended by you. Will update my experience on the front. Nothing really against these guys but want to try out the best recommendation when dealing with the paint coat and polishing etc.

Last edited by DaiusPitar : 13th October 2010 at 08:21.
Old 13th October 2010, 11:46   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Out of curiosity, whats the difference then between budget interior cleaning and high end version of the same?

The only two downsides:
The vehicle is reeking of a chemical/water smell. But after the condition and effort involved in cleaning I am not complaining and I know I am paying the price for my "maintenance". My Solution: I am going to park the Safari inside a neighbours garage for a day or two over the weekend and leave the windows open for the smell to go away.
You answered you question right after asking it
Non-budget cleaners use better products/brands along with better equipment like steam-wash etc
Old 13th October 2010, 12:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Contacted Master Polishers today. Are they really budget cleaners??

the rep asked me whether the colour of my scorpio is white & whether i have leather seats, to which i replied in affirmative.

she gave me a quote of 4k for exterior & interior cleaning package! i was expecting something like 2.5 - 3k.
Old 13th October 2010, 14:52   #11
BHPian

GTO has mentioned you get the price he has mentioned for cars like indigo and city. Not a Scorpio !
Old 14th October 2010, 11:29   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Thanks GTO. Great recommendation.
I'm glad you found it useful, DaiusPitar.

Quote:
I was initially told the cost is 1500 for the interior detailing by Ms. Sunita. But as per the rate card shown to me it was 1700 and that is what I uncomplainingly paid.
Remember, you can always bargain 10 - 15% off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Contacted Master Polishers today. Are they really budget cleaners??
2.5k is for regular sedans. Large vehicles like the Scorpio etc. will obviously cost more. The expensive guys who charge 5K for a Civic will run your SUV a bill of 8K. I think 4K is okay for the Scorpio, but would call 3.5K reasonable.

IMP : I see you have voted a "Not Recommended". Did you actually use their services, or are just put off by the initial quote? Please realise that directory polls are ONLY to be voted by those with first-hand experiences.
Old 14th October 2010, 12:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
IMP : I see you have voted a "Not Recommended". Did you actually use their services, or are just put off by the initial quote? Please realise that directory polls are ONLY to be voted by those with first-hand experiences.
yes, you are right. even i felt the same after i voted. i was just put off by their inital quote, i agree it was not fair. is there any way i can revert the vote?
Old 15th October 2010, 12:51   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
even i felt the same after i voted. i was just put off by their inital quote, i agree it was not fair. is there any way i can revert the vote?
Unfortunately not, there is no way to reverse / change votes. Please be mindful that you may vote in the Directory ONLY if you have experienced their product / service as a direct customer.
Old 15th October 2010, 19:02   #15
BHPian

I used them to clean up my 3 year old Indica. It has seen much abuse and hardly any cleaning. These guys did a fantastic job. Complete paisa vasool. Slight mix up in communication meant that they thought i just wanted the inside done while I had asked for an inside and exterior job. Anyway more than happy with their work....Called up their office to check if they could come over the next day for doing the exterior and found that the earliest slot was available for NOV 16th!!!!!
Will use them for sure for my Verna too.

Most Viewed