Highly Recommended 7 38.89%
Recommended 3 16.67%
NOT Recommended 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 17:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Mulund, Mumbai)

Products sold: All types of alloy wheels & Tyres. Indian and imports.

Services offered:
Wheel alignment & Balancing.

What I like: Fast in service.

Pricing: Ranges from cheap to reasonable. (He actually will tell you in what cost he has bought the item.)

What I have bought from him: Alloy wheels & tyres on all my cars over the last 5 to 7 years.

Contact Information: Shop no. 1-2, Sangeeta Enclave, Sarvodaya Nagar, Opp. Jain Mandir, Mulund - West, Mumbai - 400080.
Phone - 2562.3322 / 2562.3344
Contact Person: Vicky
E-Mail - tyrexindia@hotmail.com

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th June 2010 at 19:56. Reason: Hi, poll added to thread. Do vote. Thanks.
rjvora_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2010, 20:15   #2
BHPian

+1 . they are good, they once got me hard to find 205 55 15 pp2 s.
Old 9th June 2010, 21:48   #3
BHPian

The nitrogen gas filling station is what I know for TyreX

Love it for the owner's way to talk, which is very sale oriented, but some of his men are not that well mannered.

But yes Vicky is a classy guy to talk. He ensures that the deal is struck and the customer enjoy's being with his shop.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:52   #4
BHPian

+1 Tyrex guys are good & helpful. I have been getting all my tyre requirements from them for last 4-5 years.
Old 12th June 2010, 00:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to say this ...but I advise everyone to stay away from this place!!

They had sold me 4 damaged Goodyear GT3 tires with damaged sidewalls...and when this was pointed out ,they said all GT3 tires come that way .

I was told 5.5J rims are the ones to go for in a Zen ...

My advice:Stay away from this place!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th June 2010 at 16:19. Reason: Poll added. Do vote.
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:53   #6
BHPian

I have a mixed experience with Tyrex.

Good:
I changed tires on my new Dzire from them. Apart from a good price for the new Michelins, they also gave me a good exchange price on the company fitted tires. They were kind enough to explain details about what to check when a person buys a new tire, etc.

Bad:
Came to know after some time that there was an offer for a free Reebok kit with my tires for which I was not told. When I called Tyrex, I was told that the kit was not in stock and I would be given a call when the same arrives. Needless to say, there was no call back and after frequent calls, I finally got the same. Same was the case with the warranty card for my Michelins which I received after a couple of weeks.

I was also told that Nitrogen top up in the first three months would be free but was charged Rs 50 when I went there after two months as the Nitrogen levels dropped.

I wont say that they are bad bcos my first experience was good but the later two experiences left a little bitter taste.
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:07   #7
BHPian

The rates for tyres was on the higher side when I was out to buy my Michelin XM1+'s. Also, you can get better deals for alloys at other places.
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
I have a mixed experience with Tyrex.

I was also told that Nitrogen top up in the first three months would be free but was charged Rs 50 when I went there after two months as the Nitrogen levels dropped.

I have never been charged for Nitrogen filling / top up for the past 4+ years.
Old 9th July 2010, 16:13   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
I have never been charged for Nitrogen filling / top up for the past 4+ years.

Kiren next time you go there let me know, I will also accompany you for the nitrogen filling - Probably they will fill it free for me too - PM me your mobile number and we can go there together.

I have paid Rs 20 per tyre for nitrogen, hence now I have stopped filling in nitrogen as it is being very costly affair.

Does any one know a better nitrogen filling centre nearby mulund.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 10th July 2010, 12:14   #10
BHPian

They must be giving me a special service for buying around 24 tyres in last 4+ years.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:35   #11
BHPian

I have bought Michellin LTX AT2 tyres for my Tata Safari last year. The experience is as following -

1. They gave me a buy back of Rs. 5000/- per piece on my stock Bridgstone AT tyres (which I Presume is Good)

2. They sold me AT2 tyres while I asked for AT. At the time of purchase they said AT was upgraded to AT2 by michellin. However I later came to know from this forum that AT2 and AT are separate tyres - I needed AT and not AT2. So i Guess I got conned.

3. They sold me a 2 ton hydraulic jack for Rs. 1200. The jack broke on the first use and they refused a replacement/repair as such things DO NOT come with WARRANTY.

4. The shop is always very crowded with no space for cars coming in for nitorgen refilling. Hence I never got around to finding out if they will indeed honor their commitment of 6 months free top up.

I have interacted with a guy named Chintan here.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:21   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
I have bought Michellin LTX AT2 tyres for my Tata Safari last year. The experience is as following -

1. They gave me a buy back of Rs. 5000/- per piece on my stock Bridgstone AT tyres (which I Presume is Good)

2. They sold me AT2 tyres while I asked for AT. At the time of purchase they said AT was upgraded to AT2 by michellin. However I later came to know from this forum that AT2 and AT are separate tyres - I needed AT and not AT2. So i Guess I got conned.

3. They sold me a 2 ton hydraulic jack for Rs. 1200. The jack broke on the first use and they refused a replacement/repair as such things DO NOT come with WARRANTY.

4. The shop is always very crowded with no space for cars coming in for nitorgen refilling. Hence I never got around to finding out if they will indeed honor their commitment of 6 months free top up.

I have interacted with a guy named Chintan here.
Hi Sen,

I have recently got my running gear upgraded from Tyrex itself.

I cant comment anything yet, but your experience is indeed an eye opener.

I interacted with the same guy - Chintan.

Lets hope for the best.

Cheers..!
Old 25th July 2012, 16:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Mulund, Mumbai)

Had to get 2 Yoko C for my Innova and finally got it done from Tyrex today morning.

Overall a good experience, dealt with both Vicky and Chintan and also mechnic Aalam. Decent costing and I think better than Premji's. Saifee, Santacruz was quoting a 100 less but then Powai to/fro Santacruz would easily offset it. Also accepted Credit Card. Latest Yoko fresh stock was brought on order from Yoko godown in Vikhroli. In the process I had to wait an hour at the shop inspite of Vicky having ordered with godown quite early in morning after our mobitalk, but I had to get it done anyhow today so waited. The work was done quite well and the mechanics were well behaved. Aalam tried to do best at alignment. But the car is pulling to left and will have to take it there again tomorrow morning for setting it right. They do have good alignment computerized system though.

It is a tight space there but I think work and treatment was good.

Some pics-

Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Mulund, Mumbai)-250720121431.jpg

Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Mulund, Mumbai)-250720121432.jpg

Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Mulund, Mumbai)-250720121433.jpg

Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Mulund, Mumbai)-250720121435.jpg

Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Mulund, Mumbai)-250720121436.jpg
Old 26th July 2012, 22:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Another dash today to Tyrex and must say very well treated indeed. Alignment on re-check turned out to be correctly done. There is some inherent problem developed in my steering assembly which I will have to get corrected at service. Aalam did superb job at making some adjustments so that I can carry on peacefully.

Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Mulund, Mumbai)-260720121437.jpg
Old 25th December 2014, 18:16   #15
BHPian

The Owner of Tyrex has opened another Tyre Shop in Mulund.

Prince Tyres

Address: Meghal Industrial Estate, 13a, D D Road, Mulund West, Opposite Jhonson & Johnson Ltd, Mulund West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400080

Phone: 022 2561 1989

Products sold: Same as Tyrex

Services offered: Same as Tyrex

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks