Team-BHP - Car Security - Autocop (Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Car Security - Autocop (Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/83369-car-security-autocop-mumbai.html)

Products sold:Services offered:What I like:What I don't like:Pricing: Rs. 3,000 - Rs. 5,500 for most security systems (with impact + motion sensors). They've recently introduced a GPS based security system that costs Rs. 16,000

Speciality / USP: Systems that integrate with your OEM factory remote control

What I have bought from them: Security systems for my Lancer, OHC Vtec, Indigo and Civic

Related thread: How to protect your car from THEFT

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Sales Department
- Phone numbers: 2822.0000
- Postal Address: Irrelevant. Install is down your house / office

Incase you donot have an service contract after the 3 yrs warantee they charge Rs.150/- per visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiren (Post 1931993)
Incase you donot have an service contract after the 3 yrs warantee they charge Rs.150/- per visit.

Tell you how it went with my OHC Vtec : In the 4th year, the box developed a problem. I called Autocop for a repair. As usual, their technician turns up on the same afternoon.

A new autocop system would have cost Rs. 5,000, repairing the unit Rs. 2,000, then he tells me of their extended service plans. You can avail of these after your standard 3 year warranty expires. Cost = Rs. 2,000 (for 3 years). Once you opt in on this extended package, they replace your defective parts with new (no repairs). It was a no brainer (cut a cheque on the spot). Thus, the Vtec's main unit + 2 new remotes were replaced with a fresh kit on the spot.

With modern cars getting better security systems does one really need such add ons?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1935522)
With modern cars getting better security systems does one really need such add ons?

My Civic has an engine immobiliser, plus an OEM alarm system (e.g. if someone forces open the trunk, the horn will trigger). However, I still got an Autocop because:

1. Syncs completely with the OEM system. I'm using the Honda factory remote.

2. Motion sensors. Any movement inside the car (say, a hand moving) will trigger the alarm.

3. Bonnet is secured (wasn't with the OEM solution).

4. To make the car that much more theft-proof.

5. If the alarm sounds off, the autocop siren + the horn sound off. Double whammy to the thief :D

An autocop technician came over as my Fiesta's alarm had stopped sounding after a service station visit (!!).

I was impressed because he did do a very thorough check of the system / wiring before deciding that the part was to be taken to the workshop.

When i suggesting another reason for the problem, he decided to check it out as another possibility. (The alarm just needed to be reprogrammed - and that fixed it).

Smart, polite guy.

I Paid : Rs. 150 (+tip) as a service charge.

Vinay : 97662 00624

Bit confused here. Are you guys talking about Autocop company or any retail outlet with the same name, which sells only autocop?

I called the number mentioned here and the person said its the number of their service center. Gave a new number to call for sales: 9766200505. Called the number and was asked to contact the nearest dealer. Gave him my location and he politely gave me the address of the dealers.

Got the basic Autocop installed on my i from one of their dealers (Shreeji Car Decor) in Kandivali (W). Got it fitted at 2800, including cost of equipment and fitting charges !

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar3dev|l (Post 2463094)
Got the basic Autocop installed on my i from one of their dealers (Shreeji Car Decor) in Kandivali (W). Got it fitted at 2800, including cost of equipment and fitting charges !

Did this come with motion detector + impact sensor?

Nope, this ones with the basic security for all four doors + bonnet + back. It also includes central locking during engine ignition and stop.

One general query. Would installation of non-OEM security system in a new car render the OEM warranty voidable in any way? Help please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadiantKarma (Post 2463231)
One general query. Would installation of non-OEM security system in a new car render the OEM warranty voidable in any way? Help please:

Depends on where you get it installed and if any wiring are cut or tampered with during the installation of the new system. Its better to contact the A.S.S and get it fixed by them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadiantKarma (Post 2463231)

As Caption mentioned Warranty will void only if they find any wire cut. Autocop installation is done keeping the warranty in mind. They did not cut a single wire during the installation and thus my OEM warranty remains intact !

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar3dev|l (Post 2463094)

Do you know from where can i get the details of different autocop models available other than calling them.Also do you have a list of system they sell.

How much time does it take for the install. Need to know for security system and power windows for Dzire. :)