Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 17:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Yes it's in Wagle estate, but since Wagle estate is rather huge, not sure if that's a good locator.

Shreenagar Colony is adjoining Vaishali nagar in Mulund. It's around a km or 2 from Eternity mall.
Actually ghodlur's distance estimation is spot on unless you are looking for exact distance down to meters.

I got my car aligned there in October and Nitrogen topped up. While the alignment job was good I found the ride back to New Bombay a lot bumpier than usual. Next morning took the vehicle to my regular Nitrogen vend in Turbhe and the pressure in the tires was much higher than what the guage on Premji's machine displayed. That was the only grouse.

Apart from that, I finally got to lay my hands on a Sonax car wash sponge that I had been searching for since some time.
Old 16th November 2010, 18:34   #17
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@Khoj. Did the sonax car wash sponge help you get rid of the "eyes"?
Old 16th November 2010, 18:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

No they remain as before.
Old 16th November 2010, 19:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

the alignment job was good I found the ride back to New Bombay a lot bumpier than usual. Nitrogen

a Sonax car wash sponge that I had been searching for since some time.
>>>
khoj,

1. I have a dilemma : should I take my car to Pal Tyres in Lamington Road or to Premji's in Thane for the wheel alignment cum balancing - my car is approaching 20 k kms on the odo and I want this thing done before I drive north

2. What are the pros and cons of a N2 fill? Do you get any advantage with it for long distance drives?

3. a.How is Sonax special? [ I wish to keep my car as well maintained as a 'Parsi owned' - the highest accolade in cardom]

3. b. Eyes?

Regards, drive safe
Old 17th November 2010, 01:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Issigonis,
Please see my replies below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>
khoj,

1. I have a dilemma : should I take my car to Pal Tyres in Lamington Road or to Premji's in Thane for the wheel alignment cum balancing - my car is approaching 20 k kms on the odo and I want this thing done before I drive north
I would suggest you take it to Premji's in Mahim or go to any other good shop in Bandra/ Santa cruz. It is not worth the time and effort to go to Town and/or Thane just for alignment.

Quote:
2. What are the pros and cons of a N2 fill? Do you get any advantage with it for long distance drives?
N2 Pros

1. Well with N2 I have enjoyed prolonged periods with gas levels in the tires remaining constant. Of course quite a few kilometers during those periods too. At the end of 6 months and nearly 5000Kms of driving the levels in both the Cedia and the Swift were off by a mere 0.5 psi.

2. The tires heat up less over prolonged drives.

3. At any time if required compressed air can be filled along with residual N2.

4. The guages on the N2 vends are better maintained so chances of the vehicle running on correctly inflated tires are higher.

5. No waiting in line at petrol vends for air top up.

CONS

1. Initial fill up is expensive. Varies from 50 bucks a tire to 50 bucks for all 4.

2. the vends are still difficult to find.

CAUTION

At the time of initial fill it is best to have the wheel taken of the car and the air sucked out with the aid of the vacuum nozzle available on the N2 vend itself. This ensures highest possible amount of N2 in the tires.

The staff at N2 vends will simply defalte your tires and let air out and fill up with N2. Nothing wrong with that in terms of filling up but those moments that the flattened tires carry the weight of the car is not good at all for the skeleton of the tires. Though only for a few minutes but then again the tires are not supposed to be doing that. So this scenario is best avoided.

Quote:
3. a.How is Sonax special? [ I wish to keep my car as well maintained as a 'Parsi owned' - the highest accolade in cardom]
Nothing Special but just that Sonax products ( Car Shampoo, windshield cleaning liquid ) are of good quality and the sponge is better for washing and soaping up the car than a cloth.

Quote:
3. b. Eyes?
Regards, drive safe
Long story that, arising out of the snake under wheels episode enroute LOP. will fill in details when we meet.

Regards,
khoj
Old 17th November 2010, 15:54   #21
BHPian

I had been to Premji's tyre plus a couple of weeks back.
The place is good but prices are a little on the higher side. I got the alignment done and should say that they have done a good job. Got a chance to talk to Mark too and he was more than happy to help with any issues. Told him about T-bhp and this link and he already knew about it.

Got a free box of wipes with the bill.

Carboy: From the Toll plaza on LBS Marg, Premji's would be approx 8 kms.

Last edited by f1fan : 17th November 2010 at 15:59.
Old 19th November 2010, 02:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Told him about T-bhp and this link and he already knew about it.
Got a free box of wipes with the bill.
Yup, i'd been there in my LTD sticker'd WagonR a few months ago to buy new tyres and he was asking me about it.
My experience was almost the same as yours - slightly high prices, but overall experience and quality of work was very good.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:10   #23
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I got my car aligned there in October and Nitrogen topped up. While the alignment job was good I found the ride back to New Bombay a lot bumpier than usual. Next morning took the vehicle to my regular Nitrogen vend in Turbhe and the pressure in the tires was much higher than what the guage on Premji's machine displayed. That was the only grouse.
Same issue - The Nitrogen gauge at Premji's showed lesser values compared to the automatic ones at petrol pumps.

Allignment was good - better than what was done last time elsewhere.
Mark was quite knowledgeable and ready to help.

Balancing was included - including weights.

Rates were slightly higher, but the quality of service demanded it.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:15   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Same issue - The Nitrogen gauge at Premji's showed lesser values compared to the automatic ones at petrol pumps.

Allignment was good - better than what was done last time elsewhere.
Mark was quite knowledgeable and ready to help.

Balancing was included - including weights.

What are rates for rotation, balancing & alignment?
Old 19th November 2010, 14:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

The reading from Premji's guage was higher than what the guage at the N2 vend in Turbhe displayed. So it is all a guessing game.

The alignment charges at Premji's were 350/- Which I was advised are 50 bucks less than another alignment and balancing tyre shop in Vasant Vihar. My friend gets his Vtec done there and is satisfied. Next time I am going to try that place.

The reason being that the shop owner himself does the job, so per my friend (who accompanied me to Premji's) the attention to detail is better. The mechanics at Premji were not only unaware of parameters for the Cedia but were unable to locate them on their machine. So I had to take over and run through the menu to locate the same for them. This did not go down well with my friend who is a stickler for perfection and expected the smart looking mechanics to be actually smart.

This shop in Vasant Vihar too has a laser target machine so technology platform is similar.
Old 19th November 2010, 15:18   #26
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't know exacty as balancing with weights, and alignment was free with the 4 new tyres that I bought.
Old 7th January 2011, 23:05   #27
BHPian

re: Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)

Quote:
I was charged Rs 40 for a single tire rotation (i.e. Rs 160 for all 4 tires) and Rs 400 for alignment.
Didnt do tire balancing this time. Will be doing it after another 5K Kms

Last edited by f1fan : 7th January 2011 at 23:07.
Old 17th March 2011, 15:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

I had a chance to use the services of Premji's Tyre Plus. Got the alloys and tyres for my Baleno fitted here.

Pics are in the below thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2281952

What I like:
• As some one else mentioned, Mr Mark Premji is a through gentleman and i would love to deal with them again. Found him to be quite knowledgeable and he explained all the technical details marked on the tyre.
• Found the workshop to be of high standards and quite big. They have lot of space for parking, they have multiple bays, hydrolic lifts etc.
• Found the technicians and the adminstrative staff to be highly professional and helpful.
• Prices quoted were higher than other shops, but after some bargaining it was matched to the competetion. I am happy with the deal i got as i dont mind paying a bit extra for better service.
• They have a nice comfy waiting area with TV magazines etc where you can relax and sip some tea/coffee while you are waiting for your car to be ready.

I saw a CLS 500 which had come there to get its tyres replaced. Too bad i didnt click pics. It was getting 265/35 Dunlop Direzza DZ101's.

What I Dont like:

Limited choice of alloys. I wish they had more designs and brands available.
Old 18th March 2011, 02:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey heavy_foot, both of our cars are Blue and even the wheels have the same design though in different colours. See mine here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2238062

As for the bumpy ride that you have mentioned elsewhere, since you are in navi Mumbai you can got to Best Tyres on Palm Beach road in Turbhe. Their gauge at least the nitrogen one is spot on.
Old 18th March 2011, 13:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Yeah i have seen your car pictures and i liked the OZ's. Infact i was looking around for used Cedia wheels before i bought these deep dish types. Will check out Best tyres on Palm beach road. Any landmarks around there?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks