Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 10:30   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishbull_6157 View Post
I had geolanders in my mind but he insisted on Michelins and downplayed all other brands. He was clearly biased towards Michelins.

To my surprise when i went to collect the Rs 1200 money from him, he blatantly went back on his words and said it was Rs 100/tire and i am entitled only for Rs 300 instead of the agreed Rs 1200.
@Vishbull

Thats a classic case of communication gap I guess. You should have verified whether the price quoted was for per piece or for the full set. I am no way advocating Mark or Premji Tyres, but it would have better if you had double checked.

Even after the measly amount was offered, you could have sold the tyres outside.
Old 4th July 2013, 10:46   #77
BHPian

Quote:
And there is no way, those tyres are worth Rs 100 only. Smaller car tyres sell for lot more. Has anyone sold their old tyres at premji Thane ?
I changed my old Goodyear with Michelin at Premji, Thane a few months ago. I got about 100/- each for old tyres (33k run).
Old 4th July 2013, 12:32   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Vishbull

Thats a classic case of communication gap I guess.

You should have verified whether the price quoted was for per piece or for the full set. I am no way advocating Mark or Premji Tyres, but it would have better if you had double checked.

Even after the measly amount was offered, you could have sold the tyres outside.
Hi Ghodlur, I did double check, we (me and mark) even calculated that after his 25% commission of Rs 400 , i get Rs 1200.

My mistake was i dint go to collect the cash immediately, i went some days later as i was out of town travelling for business and in those few days he changed the terms and my Rs 1200 became Rs 300.

Its not all about money, Its about character. Rs 1200 is not a big amount to know someone's charater. I can live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I changed my old Goodyear with Michelin at Premji, Thane a few months ago. I got about 100/- each for old tyres (33k run).
Which car? what size? mine were
Attached Thumbnails
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_0765.jpg  

Old 4th July 2013, 12:49   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Which car? what size? mine were
Honda City, certainly not as wide as the ones in the photo.
Old 4th July 2013, 13:06   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Honda City, certainly not as wide as the ones in the photo.
Exactly my point , the tyres next to my tyres are that of a Honda city. And you got Rs 100 /tire.

Mine were Pirellis 31 10.5 R15 and two out of four ( middle ones) were in quiet good condition & he says he sold them for Rs 100 and will give me Rs 75/ tire.

When he had called me on Sunday, he clearly said its Rs 400/ tire and after his commission i get Rs 1200. I have bought tyres worth Rs 40000 from him and trusted him with his words.

Like i said, i havent collected the Rs 300 also from him. Rs 1200 is not a big price to know a persons character. But will never deal with him again. Period

Last edited by Vishbull_6157 : 4th July 2013 at 13:11. Reason: Spelling correction
Vishbull_6157 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 11:06   #81
BHPian

Got my JK Tyres on the Swift changed after a mind boggling 60666 kms at Premjis. They had the newest stock of Michelin XM2's, best prices, and perhaps the best equipment.
Cost came to approx 18k-ish with balancing and alignment, and the work done was better than my regular place next to Tip Top plaza at the very least.
The initial plan was to swap only 2 tyres (Cash flow issues), but mark readily agreed to accept payment by card to no extra charge, hence went in for all 4 tyres.

Met HVK Sir here as well, he also convinced me for changing all 4 at a time, and retain the better of the earlier 5 tyres as the spare, till the time I am willing to buy one more unit.

Have had a decent experience here, total time taken was 1 hr 45 mins, tyres were filled with Nitrogen as well.

Plans: Swap the tyres of two more cars from Premji's with Michelin XM2's.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 15:15   #82
Max
BHPian

Re: Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai) Good Experience

Friends, Got my Honda City's tyres changed from Premji's Tyre Plus, Thane, 2 weeks back. I upgraded to Michelin XM1+ 195/60 R14 from Goodyear potenza GZ 195/60 R14. Total cost Rs.22,800 - Rs.400 for 4 old tyres. Mark gave me free alignment + balancing + nitrogen filling with the deal.

I have completed 500kms run on it and tyres are giving wonderful performance. After installing new tyres, jerks and bumps have reduced allot. Overall, I like these tyres.

I met Mr. Mark Premji himself and his wife as well and I can tell you they are absolutely wonderful people and pleasure to talk with.

Mark is from USA and he expertise in cars. He have very good knowledge about tyres and he told me many things about tyres, which I never knew before. He also told me about range of other services they provide and It was pleasure to talk to him.

It may be noted they service whole vehicle, do car wash, install CNG, keep range of alloys and soon, they are opening pain facility as well. They also have nice transparent lounge facility with full garage view, where you can sit and relax while you car is getting ready for delivery. It looks like, I will be visiting there allot.

Finally, Mark, thanks for the Michelin Tissues, it was touchy.

Last edited by Max : 27th July 2013 at 15:18.
Old 29th July 2013, 18:27   #83
BHPian

Re: Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai) Good Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Friends, Got my Honda City's tyres changed from Premji's Tyre Plus, Thane, 2 weeks back. I upgraded to Michelin XM1+ 195/60 R14 from Goodyear potenza GZ 195/60 R14.
Hey Max,

I have a query. Does michelin still produce xm1+ tires? I ask because just a month back, I went to change 2 tires on my vehicle, and met the michelin sales guy, at the dealer where I get my tires changed.
I was questioning him about the date of manufacture on my tire (around 6 months old) and why was I being given XM2 when I had specifically asked for XM1+. The sales guy said that XM1+ production was stopped long time back, and that since michelin tires are imported the company has stock of 6 month old manufactured tires.

If you have the XM1+, can you please let me know the date of manufacture? If yours and mine coincide, then I have been conned by the sales guys..

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:09   #84
Senior - BHPian

Visited Premji's Tyre Plus for the Wheel alignment/balancing for my Punto. Was charged Rs 800 for the same. I was offered Nitrogen filling in all the tyre for Rs 200 with unlimited time top up and once in 6 months complete emptying and refilling. The actual cost would have been Rs 400/-. This would also entitle to a 25% discount on anything related to wheels if done later which means I could get the next WA/WB at Rs 600/-. The tyre pressure was maintained at 32 psi, not any noticeable change in the drive though. The tyre rotation was done too.

The front toe alignment readings for the Punto was out by a huge margin, dont know the reason for the same since I did the WA/WB for the first time after taking delivery. I will try to attach the alignment report for more discussions.
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:21   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Visited Premji's Tyre Plus for the Wheel alignment/balancing for my Punto. Was charged Rs 800 for the same. I was offered Nitrogen filling in all the tyre for Rs 200 with unlimited time top up and once in 6 months complete emptying and refilling. The actual cost would have been Rs 400/-. This would also entitle to a 25% discount on anything related to wheels if done later which means I could get the next WA/WB at Rs 600/-. The tyre pressure was maintained at 32 psi, not any noticeable change in the drive though. The tyre rotation was done too.
I had changed the tyres almost a year ago and nitrogen was filled in them. I had taken a package of 350/-, free nitrogen filling for a year and 25% off on all services. I got WB and WA done on 15th Aug (the previous one was done at Premji's about 7 months and about 7,000 km earlier), I was charged 600/-. When I looked at the report, I noticed that WA was not required at all (in spite of driving on non-existent roads during monsoon). I did not get report of WB, how much weight was added.
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:34   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I looked at the report, I noticed that WA was not required at all (in spite of driving on non-existent roads during monsoon). I did not get report of WB, how much weight was added.
Even i did not get the WB report. I had asked Mr Mark about it and he said since the weight addition is dynamic, there was no need to it. I will ask him again.

Even if there is not much change to the alignment readings, it is best to get the alignment done. Atleast the tyres get rotated during this time.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 21:35   #87
Max
BHPian

Got Suspension Overhaul + Break Pads Changed (Bosch) + Spark Plugs Changed + Car Service done in my Honda City from premji's tyre plus in thane and I am very happy with the results. Santosh their main mechanic is very knowledgeable guy and he has done fantastic job with suspension overhaul. After suspension overhaul car is now running like brand new.

Once again Mr. Premji was very helpful and made sure work was completed with highest standards. Overall, very happy with the results.
Old 13th January 2014, 21:45   #88
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Santosh their main mechanic is very knowledgeable guy and he has done fantastic job with suspension overhaul. After suspension overhaul car is now running like brand new.
How much is the cost of the suspension overhaul?
Old 16th January 2014, 03:59   #89
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How much is the cost of the suspension overhaul?
Check out my response in this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3343523
Old 20th January 2014, 16:09   #90
Senior - BHPian

Got 4 tyres of my Indica Vista Changed from Bridgestone 175/65/R14 to Yokohama Earth1 185/65 R14 from Premji's on 18th January. The car has clocked 39k Kms and had gone for routine alignment. Although the stock tyres had another 10k kms in them, they had become hard and noisy. Inquired with Mr Mark on good tyres and offered a good deal for Yokohama Earth1's. Got the 4 replaced, and best of the Bridgestone's for Spare.

As usual, the alignment done was quick and spot-on. Now the ride quality has improved vastly, will look out for the tyre performance. Also got the car washed (Rs.500 for Hatchback) and vacuum cleaned from inside, again a good job done.

Mr. Mark as usual ensures you get what you pay for, once again highly recommended!

A few pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img20140118wa0020-1024x501.jpg  

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img20140118wa0023-768x1024.jpg  

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img20140118wa0040-1024x761.jpg  

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img20140118wa0044-705x1024.jpg  

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img20140118wa0038-1024x767.jpg  

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img20140118wa0042-1024x742.jpg  

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 20th January 2014 at 16:10.
Maverick5490 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks