Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2014, 21:49   #91
BHPian

re: Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)

I enquired for Michelin 195/60 R15 for my 4th Gen Honda Cityover phone. I was quoted Rs. 5,925 per tyre for XM2 and Rs. 6,150 per tyre for 3ST by the person on the other side.

When I asked for a buy back, the person asked me some details and then forwarded the call to Mr. Mark Premji.

I can tell you that I talked to him for just 2 mins and this guy really seems to be a gem of a person.

Here's a guy who is running a businees of selling tyres and alloy wheels etc. I enquired about Alloy wheels too and buy back of the stock alloy wheels that Honda will be providing on the 4th Gen City.

Any other person would have been quick to pounce on the oppurtunity to sell some Alloy wheels and make money. But not Mr. Premji. He respond saying that if you have Alloys on your car why do you need to change it. Aftermarket alloy wheels cannot match the Quality of the alloy wheels provided by the manufacturers. His advice to me was do not change the alloys. Just go for the tyre change that too if I really insisted for.

He said according to him even the tyre change is really not required. Putting up an argument that the guys in Honda who designed the new City would know there work and would have checked up that the 175/65 R15s would be good enough for this car.

I will certainly be going for a tyre upgrade but this guy really impressed me.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 11:29   #92
BHPian

A few weeks back, I wanted to get my i10 serviced, suspension checked, and just had made up my mind to change from the potato quality MRF ZEC to Michelin XM2s or some other better quality tyres. Further, wanted to get all the fluids checked and some changed, as well as get some new wipers for the i10.

Mark and team had a look at the car, suggested to not change the tyres now (run 19k so far), and wait some time before going for a change. Got the wiper pair set (Bosch standard) for 344/- and the car was checked. The team proclaimed there was no work that needed to be done, and alignment was also in tune.

Total time about 2 hours for the complete thing, including waiting time, since the exact wiper size was not in stock.

Experience Quality: Pleasant.

Will go again?: Yes

Plus, had got the Ertiga alignment & balancing done some 4 months ago, that was a decent experience as well.
Old 30th June 2014, 08:59   #93
Senior - BHPian

During my recent visit to Premji's for WA, WB and tyre rotation, came across this ad. Anybody want to try their luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-20140628_120458.jpg  

Old 5th August 2014, 01:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Anyone used their online shop?
Old 27th February 2015, 13:01   #95
Senior - BHPian

Got my Wagon R Wheel Alignment and Balancing done at Premjis yesterday.

Mark was present and it was a great time catching up with him again after a long time.

The WA/WB was done for Rs. 620/-(including weights) which is reasonable and highly recommendable as it was done promptly and efficiently by his team.

I also purchased the Premjis Privilege Card for Rs. 400(less 25% discount).
Benefits:

1) 01 Year unlimited nitrogen top up/change
2) 25% discount on Wheel Services(WA/WB)

Made a lot of sense.

Other services:
1) The car service also looked decent and will cost Rs. 3K for the same(including a Wurth injector cleaner engine oil additive for Rs. 550/-)
Includes Engine Oil Change, Fluid Top Up,Electrical Check, Air Filter change, car wash, Interiors Vacuum and Labour.

Only apprehension: Premjis use Wurth Engine Oil. I am not sure how these Oils are though they will use the MSIL approved grade.

Will certainly consider the next time my car goes for a Service

Any one has any idea about Wurth Products?

Overall a happy experience and the car vibes are no more.

Total Hit: Rs. 865/-(including 01 year Privilege Card)

Last edited by arnabchak : 27th February 2015 at 13:14.
Old 27th February 2015, 13:23   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Even I got the same done last month for the same cost. Although Mark was not there during the visit but had called up and ensured that the staff do their job diligently. A totally satisfying experience.

During the job, wandered around the office section and found a variety of Sonax products being sold. Pics attached (sorry for the poor quality).
Attached Thumbnails
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-p_20150124_111713.jpg  

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-p_20150124_111737.jpg  

ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 23:52   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got my Wagon R Wheel Alignment and Balancing done at Premjis yesterday.

Mark was present and it was a great time catching up with him again after a long time.

The WA/WB was done for Rs. 620/-(including weights) which is reasonable and highly recommendable as it was done promptly and efficiently by his team.

Benefits:

1) 01 Year unlimited nitrogen top up/change
2) 25% discount on Wheel Services(WA/WB)

Made a lot of sense.

Other services:
1) The car service also looked decent and will cost Rs. 3K for the same(including a Wurth injector cleaner engine oil additive for Rs. 550/-)
Includes Engine Oil Change, Fluid Top Up,Electrical Check, Air Filter change, car wash, Interiors Vacuum and Labour.

Only apprehension: Premjis use Wurth Engine Oil. I am not sure how these Oils are though they will use the MSIL approved grade.

Will certainly consider the next time my car goes for a Service

Any one has any idea about Wurth Products?

Overall a happy experience and the car vibes are no more.

Total Hit: Rs. 865/-(including 01 year Privilege Card)
Wurth products are very good. You don't have to worry at all.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 13:08   #98
Senior - BHPian

PREMJI’S TYRE PLUS-THANE, a word of caution!

Sharing below details of a bad experience that a friend had with the captioned.

Hey everyone,

If you have heard of or are planning to get your tires changed at PREMJI’S TYRE PLUS-THANE, a word of caution!
Last week I had an irrepairable puncture in one of the tires of my car and I needed a new tire real quick, as the spare tire Audi provides isn’t really meant for highway driving. I had no luck at any of the Audi dealerships in and around Mumbai, as none of them had the tires in stock, and were quoting lead times of 20 days, if not more.
After a frantic search online I found Premji’s Tire Plus site (www.premji.com) and the entire set-up looked quite swanky and professional, and Mark the owner was quite well-spoken and courteous when I had had a word with him.
Long story short my driver and office person (to sort out the paper work for my insurance claim) take the car to the workshop and the wheel replacement is carried out following which they return. Albeit without thoroughly checking the the tires or the rims.
The next day to my horror I find circular scratches (an obvious indication of the faulty machine or machine usage) on all four rims! We send Mark a mail with the pictures asking him to solve the issue, but obviously we get no response. When we call him demanding an explanation he erupts into a feral rage verbally attacking my manager and has the audacity to ask us for proof whether the damage was indeed done at his workshop and abruptly hangs-up the phone.
The sad part is that I never expected him to really replace the rims, or make the scratches magically disappear! A professional businessman would at least apologise or offer to repair the damage in some way or offer some monetary compensation. Instead I get an irresponsible, unapologetic and arrogant attitude thats frankly more befitting a babu than an owner of an apparently professional tire business. He takes pride in “the most expensive tire fitting machine in Mumbai” however its quite clear that he has not trained his workmen to use the machine or is technically inept to use the machine on imported rims.
In conclusion I would like to advise any car owner (especially if you have sports tires or non-standard tire sizes) against getting your tires changed at Premji's unless you want the rims damaged!
Mark Premji's slogan on the website is “ More than just a tire store” but it would be apt to change it to “More than just a tire store…we also damage car rims for free!!"
Attached Thumbnails
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_1671.jpg  

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_1672.jpg  

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_1673.jpg  

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_1674.jpg  

KSM-Vtec is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 13:43   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hey KSM-Vtec, you know what the marks are from ? Let me show you.

Picture is for representation purpose only

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-carrealigned2.jpg

The attachment for the alignment pods have sharp edges which dock against the outer lip of your wheel rim.

I guess irresponsibly putting them can cause the marks on rims of very big size.

I am surprised at this incident as I am a regular at Tyre plus in Thane, none the less the damage is bad. I would request you to go to a local denter painter, they have a rubbing solution which will remove or atleast make these negligible enough for them not to be seen.
Old 17th August 2015, 08:24   #100
Senior - BHPian

Re: PREMJI’S TYRE PLUS-THANE, a word of caution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
When we call him demanding an explanation he erupts into a feral rage verbally attacking my manager and has the audacity to ask us for proof whether the damage was indeed done at his workshop and abruptly hangs-up the phone.
Kaushik,

Sorry to hear the bad experience. Hard to believe the soft spoken owner Mark to get hyper and abuse. As Humyum said, the marks may be have been during the alignment process. If it was just replace the tyre kind of job, then the marks are definitely something else's handiwork. Every time I visit Premji's for WA/WB I find new staff, hence make it a point to witness each and every work being done minutely.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 19:58   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Sharing below details of a bad experience that a friend had with the captioned.
Shared this discussion with Mark Premji, he has requested me to post this here as he is not a member.
Quote:
Mr C purchased four tyres for his Audi on 8/8/15. He sent his car with his office manager and driver for the fitment of the tyres. All throughout the process his office manager (Mr R) and driver were standing right by the tyre changer. After the job was was completed Mr R came to me and complimented me for the "excellent service" he had received.

Mr C raised the issue of scratches on his wheels four days after the tyres were installed. If we indeed had scratched the wheels, why didn't Mr R or the driver bring it up before they left the premises? And why wait for four days before raising the issue? I smell a rat...... Furthermore, I was never harsh on the phone with Mr C, on the contrary he was the one who shouted and verbally abused me, threatening to take me to Consumer Court. That's why I hung up on him.
I have changed the names to initials to respect the privacy of people concerned.

Finally, please don't shoot the messanger

Last edited by sumithb : 17th August 2015 at 20:07. Reason: changed link to discussion
Old 1st September 2015, 16:54   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Shared this discussion with Mark Premji, he has requested me to post this here as he is not a member.

I have changed the names to initials to respect the privacy of people concerned.

Finally, please don't shoot the messanger

Strangely his stand on another public forum was very different. All i can say is better to be safe than sorry. There are many other good service providers. Just avoid this one.
Old 2nd September 2015, 17:08   #103
Senior - BHPian

My Wagon R needs to be serviced.

No at 80,xxx kms, it is out of the extended warranty as well.
So, I do not really see a reason to go to the ASC and get the routine service done.

Has anyone used the car services at Premji's, Thane?
Do they do the job professionally?

Only concern is that the engine oil used by them is Wurth which, though people have commented is good, will need a complete flush out of the MGA Engine oil.

Any other pointers about the service here?
The rates are comparable to the ASC, give or take a few '00s.
Old 5th September 2015, 12:12   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Wagon R needs to be serviced.

No at 80,xxx kms, it is out of the extended warranty as well.
So, I do not really see a reason to go to the ASC and get the routine service done.

Has anyone used the car services at Premji's, Thane?
Do they do the job professionally?

Only concern is that the engine oil used by them is Wurth which, though people have commented is good, will need a complete flush out of the MGA Engine oil.

Any other pointers about the service here?
The rates are comparable to the ASC, give or take a few '00s.
They will do a good job I'm sure but they have always come across as expensive to me.

They also have other brands of oil the last time I saw.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 18:31   #105
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Talking about Premji's Thane. Sharing 3 experiences spanned over last 3-4 months.

1. Based on my recommendation, my sister took her Figo to Premji's. It needed some part and that meant Premji's doing some coordination with a shop in SoBo. It was badly goofed up and that part arrived about 6 hrs late. On top of that it was a wrong part. Huge waste of time. Something that should have taken about 3 hrs took 1.5 days and a lot of frustrating wait.

2. I took my Alto for 70K servicing to Premji's. Just a few days before, I had accidently left the door improperly locked, the rainwater had seeped in and the carpet got wet. With the help of a local garage, I got the carpet removed, dried and then it was kept in the passenger side foot well. During the servicing, I told the service-advisor type guy about the carpet and asked him to get it put back. He said - don't worry, we would clean it, dry it and put it back. After everything was done and it was nearing billing, I saw the carpet still tossed somewhere outside and asked him "what about the carpet". Then I realized that the guy doesn't know the difference between carpet and floor-mats and while I was talking about the carpet he had the floor-mats in his mind. Somehow got that job added and waited another 40 minutes for it to get completed. If I wouldn't have intervened, they would have either thrown away the carpet or would have kept the bundle back in the foot-well. Common sense is not at all common.

3. Recently, took my XUV to Premji's for wheel-alignment and rotation. Turned up at the shop at 9:45am (15 minutes before they open) and I was the only customer at that time. It was a working day for me and I wanted to get this thing done early on and reach office at a decent time. Mr Premji 'recommended' to even get the balancing done as it was just 70rs extra per wheel. Although these are brand new tyres and wheels were balanced just 3 months back and I wasnt having any vibration issues, I said what the heck. Turned out that they added some 10-15gms weight to couple of wheels and didn't even bother to remove stones from the tyre threads which can easily cause that much difference. Anyways thats not the main point. After finishing the WA+WB+Rotation I left the shop at 12 noon. So effectively they took 2hrs for a job which is essentially a 30-45 minute job.

Reason 1 - Customers which came up after me were being attended while no work was being done on my car. After each step my car used to just sit at the work-station till I nudged them every time to get the next step done. Absolutely no respect for other people's time. While settling the bill, I mentioned it to the owner and guess what - he joked about it.

Reason 2 - Since rotation was involved, the TPMS needs to be relearnt so that it knows which wheel is at which position. If this relearning is not done, it keeps on throwing an irritating error message every 5 minutes. Its a bit complicated process which involves letting air go from a tyre slowly till that wheel position is learnt and then repeating the same for all 5 wheels. I had got the relearning done from the exact same shop just 3 months back. Although the owner owns a XUV W8 with the exact same system, I had to guide them step-by-step last time. Some 8 odd people from the garage had gathered around that time and observed the magic wide-eyed. So I was expecting that this time it would be faster and easier. I was wrong. The service-advisor type guy (the same fellow who can't tell a carpet from a floor-mat) kept arguing with me that TPMS relearning is not needed and the car learns on its own. Somehow after convincing him and telling him how to do it, he got some moron to attend to it. While I asked him to release air from one tyre, he actually removed the pin and the tyre was flat before the system could learn! I was inside the car directing him what to do and realized this only after I stepped out after first failed attempt at relearning. Took me forever to exlain him that he needs to release air slowly and NOT remove the pin. Even that guy argued with me. After one tyre is learnt, he needs to move quickly to the next tyre or the process aborts. But even after telling this a few times, he kept on refilling air in the 'learnt' tyre, which meant a few more failed attempts. Utterly frustrating when people firstly don't know what to do, then can't follow simple instructions and then argue on top of that.

Reason 3 - He just took the payment and gave me a bill in an envelope. When I opened the envelope, the alignment report was missing. When I asked the owner about it, he said I should not worry as the alignment has been done properly. I told him "I still need the report for records sake". Then he said ...there is a problem with the printer. I asked him if he would be able to take it out of the system and email me. He said yes. So they can take out the report from that machine and there is another printer where they have just printed my bill, but they still haven't connected the dots. I was getting very late and asked them to send it by email and left my email id with them. Its been a week and that email is nowhere in sight.

I doubt I would be using Premji's services again.

Last edited by SDP : 14th September 2015 at 18:55.
SDP is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks