Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 13:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)

Products sold:
• Tyres - Michelin Authorized dealer, Yokohama, Bridgestone, Goodyear

Services offered:
• Wheel balancing and alignment, Car AC, Oil change, car wash, Battery checks, Alloy Wheels, Sunfilms(Llumar)

What I like:
• Knowledgeable - Mr Mark Premji has extensive knowledge on tyres, wheels related, did same business in US earlier before moving back to Thane. He it seems owned the Premji tyres in Mahim before selling it off. the Technicians are experts.
• Well stocked Michelin tyres, good stock of Alloys.

What I don't like:
• Nothing in particular

Speciality / USP:
8 bays for any service, latest equipments,

Contact Information:
25418000, 25378000

Balkum, Thane Opp Colour chem. Just ahead of TMC Majiwada bldg

My Remarks:
Mr Mark Premji is a thorough gentlemen, very approachable & absolutely no airs. You can contact him on his mobile (9619404075) for an urgent appointment.

Premji.com
E-mail : mark@premji.com
ghodlur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2010, 16:47   #2
BHPian

Is this place on the left hand side of the road after you cross Big Bazaar on your right? cause if it is i think i might have crossed it once or twice.

cheers!!!
Old 17th June 2010, 17:15   #3
BHPian

I just love premji tyres, I have been going to their Mahim showroom and Shailesh is just a gem of a person, he is very down to earth and very helpful. The do a very good job. No complaints whatsoever. Good going by Premji for extending their presence in Mumbai
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2010, 00:17   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Is this place on the left hand side of the road after you cross Big Bazaar on your right? cause if it is i think i might have crossed it once or twice.

cheers!!!
Its on your left hand side. Be watchful, this place is little inside a service alley. You will not see the shop bang on the road. There are big hoardings and arrows showing you the way in the service alley
Old 18th June 2010, 02:36   #5
BHPian

I personally visited this shop couple of days before and here's my opinion,

Excellent service station for basic servicing and tires and rim's however prices are on higher side compared to other shops in Thane.

Eg. Neo Wheels offered at 13.5 K but same are available near vanadana theater at 12 K same goes for tires as well.

They also deal in K&N products but when asked for CAI reply was very disappointing = " I have not idea what CAI is"

But he seems to have well stock of Tires, Rims and K&N products never tried any of the services there as I have fixed mechanic who looks after my ride.
Old 18th June 2010, 04:53   #6
BHPian

Premji Tires

If memory serves me right, the guys in Mahim were earlier known as Alibhai Premji Tyrewalla and Company. I believe they also had an office located at Tyre Terrace, Lamington Road. Were'nt they also dealers for the Bullet?

Did not know that the Mahim place was sold.

These guys are one of the pioneers in the tire business in Mumbai.

Does anyone know if Mark Premji is related to Abbas Tyrewalla?

Django
Old 8th August 2010, 00:47   #7
BHPian

I went to Premji Tyre Plus today to replace the tyres on my WagonR. I was very impressed with the facilities there and with Mr. Mark Premji. Based on my tyre requirement he suggested options of a Michelin XM1+ and Yoko A-Drives, explaining the pro's and con's of either tyre.

Both my dad's driver (who had come along) and I felt that though the place was on the slightly expensive side, the facilities were A-grade and work was done very well.

Mr. Premji also called an ac mechanic to look into yet another problem that had cropped up in my other car that I had taken along for wheel alignment. The mechanic sorted it out, whereas the TML dealer had refused to fix the problem and wanted to replace instead for big $$$.

Mr. Premji needn't have called the mechanic, but he did and it was a good gesture - a very helpful one too as it turned out.

It seems a lot of times the Thane dealers for Maruti and Honda send their cars here for work to be done. While I was there, my regular SA from Navnit motors turned up. He's been very instrumental in keeping my WagonR trouble free for the last 3 yrs and his views about the place were the same as mine.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that. Mark Premji's setup Tyre Plus (Michelin branded outlet mainly) is very well equipped with about 5 bays, washing ramps and the workmen there are pretty happy doing their work.

Happened to get Yoko Cs for my Innova there and quite impressed with the knowledge and guidance of Mark Premji and workmanship there.

There was wheel balancing left out due to their computerised setup not working at the time of tyre change. But he happily did it the next time without any rush-rush. I took some snaps there which I will upload later.
Old 29th October 2010, 07:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

@parsh,

Did you happen to get any information about car detailing at Premji's. During my last visit I was told by Mr Mark that they do car detailing but could not collect the complete information, planning to go this week end for the same.

Overall mr Mark is a nice guy to talk, very knowledgable.
Old 29th October 2010, 22:42   #10
BHPian

@godhlur, I had enquired there about exterior and interior detailing and engine bay wash.
They quoted around Rs. 1800/- for my WagonR and 2200/- for my Indigo CS.

I'm planning to take my CS there, but that wont be possible for another couple of weeks.
Old 15th November 2010, 11:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

@gomzi

You are right, even I was told it would cost me Rs 2200 for my Fiesta. I would be going there coming week end for interior/exterior cleaning. They use mostly "Wurth" products for detailing, I was shown a few products used. Maybe BHPian car detailing experts can comment how good these products are.

Could not meet Mr Mark this time.
Old 15th November 2010, 12:52   #12
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Ghodlur - I went through the premji website. Looks interesting.
However, I am not that familiar with the Thane Area. Approx how many kms from Shreenagar Colony(Thane) would this be?
Old 15th November 2010, 13:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

@ carboy,

I hope I am correct in saying that Shreenagar Colony is in Wagle estate right. If so then it would be approximate 6-7 kms to Premji's via Teen Haath Naka/Majiwada/Kapurbavdi circle.
Old 16th November 2010, 11:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@parsh,

Did you happen to get any information about car detailing at Premji's. During my last visit I was told by Mr Mark that they do car detailing but could not collect the complete information, planning to go this week end for the same.

Overall mr Mark is a nice guy to talk, very knowledgable.

@ghodlur, sorry I was away touring and could not log into TBHP and answer your question earlier. Guess you must have already got your detailing done.

But, even I did not get exact complete details on the car detailing packages they have. However, as I understaood from brief talks about that, the interior detailing package is something around 2000/-. For interior detailing, I would suggest you also check out Car Parlour in Nirmal Lifestyle, Mulund as well.
Old 16th November 2010, 12:00   #15
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@ carboy,

I hope I am correct in saying that Shreenagar Colony is in Wagle estate right. If so then it would be approximate 6-7 kms to Premji's via Teen Haath Naka/Majiwada/Kapurbavdi circle.
Yes it's in Wagle estate, but since Wagle estate is rather huge, not sure if that's a good locator.

Shreenagar Colony is adjoining Vaishali nagar in Mulund. It's around a km or 2 from Eternity mall.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks