Recommended 5 38.46%
NOT Recommended 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2012, 12:28   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder
Hi all. Got myself vkool front windscreen v70 today. Very professionally done job and good pricing. They came home and got it done too. Gave me 5 year warranty and bill.
Hi spyder.

How much did you pay for v70 and installed in which car.

I spoke to Rahul he quoted me 15.5k for package of vkool economy range for front, sides and rear of polo.

Is that a good price or should I bargain more?

Kindly suggest gurus.
Old 24th February 2012, 14:03   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Sunfilm - Vkool (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)

Rareone that price seems fine, do make sure Vk70 is being used for the front.
Old 24th February 2012, 20:27   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
Rareone that price seems fine, do make sure Vk70 is being used for the front.
Had visited V-Kool vile parle outlet today afternoon got elegant series installed on side and rear with Vk70 in front.

Will post snaps soon.

Package Cost - 25k

Got Discount of 8k

Paid 17k all inclusive.
Old 1st March 2012, 23:58   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Had visited V-Kool vile parle outlet today afternoon got elegant series installed on side and rear with Vk70 in front.

Will post snaps soon.

Package Cost - 25k

Got Discount of 8k

Paid 17k all inclusive.
Thats a whopper of a discount! Even I am planning to go for sides and rear for my Polo albeit the economy series. The Parle outlet quoted me 6868/- for it and wasnt willing to giving a discount. However some fellow members have paid around 4800 for similar segment cars. Help me
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 19:33   #50
BHPian

Just got the T35s done (sides and rear) on the Cruze.

What I liked:
  • The heat rejection of the film is instantly noticeable
  • The T35 film's got a slight metallic tint to it which looks good
  • They painstakingly ensure that there are no bubbles or creases in the installation
  • The 5-year warranty
  • Mr. Sahni and his staff are Extremely polite and courteous while you're waiting

What I didn't like:
  • Their time estimate was wayyy off. 90 minutes turned into 150.
  • The cleanup job could be better.
Old 5th March 2012, 13:46   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j

Thats a whopper of a discount! Even I am planning to go for sides and rear for my Polo albeit the economy series. The Parle outlet quoted me 6868/- for it and wasnt willing to giving a discount. However some fellow members have paid around 4800 for similar segment cars. Help me
Talk to Mr. Rahul at vile parle outlet.
Give team-Bhp and my reference (Dhiraj from Nerul).
He would give ya discounts for sure.

Rahul - 9773473518
Old 9th April 2012, 20:58   #52
Team-BHP Support

Hi guys,

I recently changed my old sun film with vkool at the Santa cruz outlet, elegance level for about 21,000 (front included)

Experience: mediocre. Took much longer than promised and when I got the car there were a huge number of bubbles all around. To their credit though, they sent someone home after a few days and specifically sorted this out so there are no bubbles any more.

Overall though

QUERY: One disturbing observation since I've changed my film to the new vkool. Ever since the change, my windows fog up very very significantly. I find this extremely unsettling. I had replaced my existing film because a) they were darker that what RTO permits and b) because I found that such dark film s not safe at night since it adversely impacted outward visibility as well.

The second factor is here all over again through the fogging issue now. Please request your inputs. Is this issue because of any quality issue in the manner in which the sun film was installed or is there some other reason? As a lay person, all I understand is that in my previous sunfilm I never had this fogging issue and the moment I've changed over to this new vkool film the fogging problem has started.

Request your inputs folks!!

Thanks.
Old 9th April 2012, 22:09   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

The second factor is here all over again through the fogging issue now. Please request your inputs. Is this issue because of any quality issue in the manner in which the sun film was installed or is there some other reason? As a lay person, all I understand is that in my previous sunfilm I never had this fogging issue and the moment I've changed over to this new vkool film the fogging problem has started.
2 possible reasons I can think off. Maybe the new film is keeping the car cooler from the inside and hence causing fogging. Also the temperature has shot up in the past few days too.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 23:06   #54
BHPian

Took my car to V-Kool Prabhadevi a couple of months ago. Spoke to Mr. Sahni before I took my car there. Didn't plan on doing the windscreen when I first got there, eventually ended up doing the entire car. Mr. Sahni is great with customers and his staff his extremely through and hard working. They seem to take their time to do it right, which was totally fine with me.
Old 17th April 2012, 17:30   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Talk to Mr. Rahul at vile parle outlet.
Give team-Bhp and my reference (Dhiraj from Nerul).
He would give ya discounts for sure.

Rahul - 9773473518
Thank you so much, Dhiraj. I finally got the K37 installed on my silver Polo yesterday. He gave me a neat discount and sides with rear cost me 5500/-. Mr Rahul was courteous and the installation was done in under an hour. Minute air bubbles can be seen, more on the driver's side. I have been assured they will go away in about a week's time so hoping for the same. The film applied was used from a roll and not a box? Should I be worried?
Old 11th May 2012, 18:13   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
2 possible reasons I can think off. Maybe the new film is keeping the car cooler from the inside and hence causing fogging. Also the temperature has shot up in the past few days too.
I just realised, isn't it possible he's damaged by defogger while removing the existing sunfilm and installing the v-kool ones? How do I know if that is the case (defogger damage)? Is this something that is evident from an external examination of the rear windscreen?

thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 18:09   #57
BHPian

I inquired with V-kool prabhadevi outlet for Mahindra XUV 500. spoke with a lady on phone and she said that Vkool economy (A60) + vk 70 (front and rear) full package will cost 22k. and if I go for vk70 only in the front then its 18k for the same package. however she said that according to the latest RTO guidelines both the front and rear windscreens need to be in vk70. but I think there is no need for vk70 in the rear. I said the prices are too high so she said she will ask her boss Mr. Sahni and get back to me.

she called back in a minute and offered the Economy pack (A60 at sides and vk70 at front and rear both) at 16k. thats about 6k less than earlier quote. so I think if I opt out of vk70 at the rear it can be somewhere around 11-12k.

the other one was Elegance pack with silver blue at the sides and vk70 at the front and rear. it costs 27k. she didn't have the after discount price for that. think maybe I can get it at around 20k after discount and 15-16k with vk 70 only in the front and silverblue at the sides and rear.

she said that A60 has 60% heat rejection, silverblue (has a light blueish tint) has 74% and the vk70 has 94%.

anyways I need to know if A60 and silver blue both good shades for their respective package and pricing or is there something better than these at that level? as there are so many different shades and model numbers.

and how much is the difference between the Economy and Elegance pack in real world? as I do a lot of highway travelling throughout the year at day time so need good sun films.

is the pricing right or you think I can get better discount? for economy and elegance both.

and lastly, is it safe to install sunfilms in mumbai? as after spending so much amount on these films I don't want traffic police to remove them and break my heart!
Old 26th October 2012, 18:22   #58
BHPian

@ magikrider, Do not got by what Vkool guys tell. sunfilms are not allowed at all by law. Heard the there have been several instances of cops catching / fining cars with films in Mumbai.
kbrtz125 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 18:46   #59
SDP
Team-BHP Support

^ +1 to that.
Just yesterday, a cop took my XUV aside at the Pizzahut junction in Powai and was visibly checking if I have sunfilm installed. When he realized that I don't, he waved me off.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 18:48   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
and lastly, is it safe to install sunfilms in mumbai? as after spending so much amount on these films I don't want traffic police to remove them and break my heart!
I would strongly advise you against going for Vkool Films now. The Sun film ban is here for stay now and you can expect police drills to check them every now and then. And to see such a huge amount of money go down the drain is unbearable. I skip a beat everytime I see a checkpost or cops flagging down cars for whatever reason thinking that today they will surely remove the films. I wouldn't advise investing so much money on films. If at all then go for VK 70 on all windows since its difficult to spot by the cops.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed