View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and rate them as:
Highly Recommended 7 53.85%
Recommended 5 38.46%
NOT Recommended 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 19:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sunfilm - Vkool (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)

Tints are not advisable given the present scenario. Wait until the situation stabilizes and there is clarity on putting tint. As of now the law says zero tint for any vehicles, except for security reasons and then with a police certificate.

If the question was keep existing tint on and gamble that you won't get caught, then I might have said yes. I did that till a few weeks ago when I pulled it off because I started using the car during the day. Before it was night use only and I didn't mind the risk.

Even worse, you are talking about a large amount. If it was say one or two thousand, it might have been worthwhile. Not for 20k
pganapathy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 20:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrtz125 View Post
@ magikrider, Do not got by what Vkool guys tell. sunfilms are not allowed at all by law. Heard the there have been several instances of cops catching / fining cars with films in Mumbai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
^ +1 to that.
Just yesterday, a cop took my XUV aside at the Pizzahut junction in Powai and was visibly checking if I have sunfilm installed. When he realized that I don't, he waved me off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I would strongly advise you against going for Vkool Films now. The Sun film ban is here for stay now and you can expect police drills to check them every now and then. And to see such a huge amount of money go down the drain is unbearable. I skip a beat everytime I see a checkpost or cops flagging down cars for whatever reason thinking that today they will surely remove the films. I wouldn't advise investing so much money on films. If at all then go for VK 70 on all windows since its difficult to spot by the cops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Tints are not advisable given the present scenario. Wait until the situation stabilizes and there is clarity on putting tint. As of now the law says zero tint for any vehicles, except for security reasons and then with a police certificate.

If the question was keep existing tint on and gamble that you won't get caught, then I might have said yes. I did that till a few weeks ago when I pulled it off because I started using the car during the day. Before it was night use only and I didn't mind the risk.

Even worse, you are talking about a large amount. If it was say one or two thousand, it might have been worthwhile. Not for 20k
thanks guys. I am really confused now.. my highway traveling during day time is a regular thing now. mumbai to panvel and beyond is what I do.. and specially in summers it is really bad. I thought that this sun film thing is not that serious in mumbai as I have never faced the problem till now with visible films on my cars. but now I don't know what to do? vk-70 on all windows will be way too expensive. 40k +. and I don't wanna spend that kinda money on sun films. around 15k was what I was looking at max. I'll keep this on hold and wait and watch for sometime now... this ban really doesn't make sense in a hot and humid country like india. totally unfair.

other option is I can just get the front windshield done with vk-70 as the driver and front passenger face the maximum heat because of the big front windshield.

Last edited by magikrider : 26th October 2012 at 21:05.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:05   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
other option is I can just get the front windshield done with vk-70 as the driver and front passenger face the maximum heat because of the big front windshield.
Why dont you try the window curtains. It might help to a certain extent. i heard they are available at Reliance Auto Mart. and i dont think that would an issue with the cops as well. Just my opinion.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 21:07   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was about to suggest you the same thing. Get Vk 70 on both front and if you want rear glass. That should take care of most of the heat. No point in spending too much on films in the present scenario.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 21:13   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was about to suggest you the same thing. Get Vk 70 on both front and if you want rear glass. That should take care of most of the heat. No point in spending too much on films in the present scenario.
But dont you think that the cops will stop you and check if there is a film at all. There can be a chance where you are stopped as they would also be aware of such films that are transparent and block the heat and if they go by the rule book they will tear those off as well.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:22   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Why dont you try the window curtains. It might help to a certain extent. i heard they are available at Reliance Auto Mart. and i dont think that would an issue with the cops as well. Just my opinion.
what kinda of curtains? are you talking about the regular cloth curtains or something like that? as that would really look very odd and don't think I can get them installed.

Quote:
only the front windshield is required in XUV. rear doesn't make sense as the 3rd row will be empty most of the times and it will be folded down only.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:26   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what kinda of curtains? are you talking about the regular cloth curtains or something like that? as that would really look very odd and don't think I can get them installed.
only the front windshield is required in XUV. rear doesn't make sense as the 3rd row will be empty most of the times and it will be folded down only.
Please see the below thread to get an idea of what the curtains look like.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-sun-film.html

Something is better than nothing i guess.
Old 26th October 2012, 22:25   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici

But dont you think that the cops will stop you and check if there is a film at all. There can be a chance where you are stopped as they would also be aware of such films that are transparent and block the heat and if they go by the rule book they will tear those off as well.
Well to be honest I don't think that will happen although it is possible theoretically. Cops check for side windows most of the times and if they are transparent they wouldn't go ahead and check your windscreen particularly.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 22:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well to be honest I don't think that will happen although it is possible theoretically. Cops check for side windows most of the times and if they are transparent they wouldn't go ahead and check your windscreen particularly.
Sorry. I misunderstood your "Get Vk 70 on both front". i assumed you are talking about the both the front side windows (driver & passenger)
Old 27th October 2012, 12:32   #70
BHPian

I can confirm intense checking specifically for sun film in Goregaon, Malad and Jvlr to eastern express highway. I have seen at least 5 unsuspecting motorists being pulled up in front of me.

They are flagging down anyone with the slightest tint, the Mumbai drive has been pretty aggressive over the last 2 weeks.
Old 21st June 2013, 01:41   #71
BHPian

I had a bit of a issue with my front windshield film(still surviving from preying eyes) and I just happened to passed thru Vkool couple of days back. Spoke to the lone lady seated inside and found that they have stopped operations completely from Prabhadevi and asked me to contact Vile Parle branch for any queries.
Old 29th March 2015, 12:31   #72
BHPian

Hello Guys, I have enquired about Vkool NV40 at Ujwal car point in Sion Koliwada. He has quoted a price of 3,800 INR for my Civic. Going through this thread I found that the price he has quoted is very cost effective.

If you come here with your vehicle on a sunday, there are these guys all on the roads waiting todo some works. It's complete havoc.

Please suggest if you think it is a good price. I do not want them to show me samples of Vkool and stick something cheap on my glasses.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks