Team-BHP - Sunfilm - Vkool (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/)
-   -   Sunfilm - Vkool (Prabhadevi, Mumbai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/83823-sunfilm-vkool-prabhadevi-mumbai.html)

Sunfilm - Vkool (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)-3.jpg

Sunfilm - Vkool (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)-p1090820.jpg

Products sold:What I like:What I don't like:Pricing: Expensive

Speciality / USP: Part of the family that set up the first VKool outlet (at Santacruz). Well-experienced

What I have bought from him: 2x sunfilm (for the C220 & the Civic)

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Mr. Sahni
- Phone numbers: 6663.4615 / 6161.1312
- Postal Address: 2, Siddhi Prabha, Opp Ravindra Natya Mandir, Sayani Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai - 400 025
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Pass Siddhi Vinayak Temple on your left, and amongst the first shops on the RHS (upon entering the 1-way main road)
- Email / Website : VKool global website
- GoogleMap:
Sunfilm - Vkool (Prabhadevi, Mumbai)-vkool.png

@GTO. Does it come under RTO guidelines? I mean, when I have had installed the sunfilm, dealer asked me, whether I want sun film according to RTO compliance or not. According to him RTO compliance means, an outside person should be able to see the opposite side of the car through the sunfilm, otherwise RTO could charge to you.

:OT Barring the elegant yet sporty 7-spokes from the C220, the Civic looks way more beautiful and expensive when compared to the C.

I have tried all 3 of the popular brands: V-Cool,Garware and Llumar. And have come to the conclusion that V-cool just ain't worth the money.
I have the high end V-cool that costed around 25k on the BMW. But it works no better than high end versions of Garware or Llumar.
Simply put, if you want good heat reduction get the Garware Grand or any of it's high end range. Or if you put looks over heat reduction get Llumar as their films don't have the silver high reflective finish, give you a pure black look even if they aren't too dark.

For fitting, I have almost never sent my car over to the outlets. Contact the company office and they will have a dealer get in touch with you who will come over and fix the film at your place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar (Post 1940876)
@GTO. Does it come under RTO guidelines?

Every branded sunfilm manufacturer will offer RTO-approved shades to you. These are typically lighter and offer better visibility (both ways).

Quote:

Originally Posted by dipen (Post 1940949)
:OT Barring the elegant yet sporty 7-spokes from the C220, the Civic looks way more beautiful and expensive when compared to the C.

Wait till the Civic finds herself a new set of shoes (17" wheels) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1940966)
I have tried all 3 of the popular brands: V-Cool,Garware and Llumar. And have come to the conclusion that V-cool just ain't worth the money.
I have the high end V-cool that costed around 25k on the BMW. But it works no better than high end versions of Garware or Llumar.

That's precisely why I posted:

Quote:

Higher end range is very pricey. The entry-level Vkool range works good enough
From my experience, I don't find the higher end range of Vkool or Llumar worth the extra dosh. The entry-level works just as well. Let me add that I had the high end version of Garware in my Vtec, and Vkool in my C, and on highway drives under the hot sun, there was simply no comparison. The VKool was substantially superior at blocking out sun glare / heat to the cabin area. I distinctly remember making this observation : While my right hand (when driving) got uncomfortable due to direct sunlight in the Vtec, it was completely at ease in the C. Both cars have a strong air-conditioning system and again, I'm talking of a comparo in direct sunlight on the same road at the same time on the same day. Additionally, the Vtec has sunfilm installed on the windscreen, which the C doesn't.

I have got the V-kool installed in our Esteem when we bought it but recently find that its effectiveness has decreased. Its been slightly more than 5 years now. Do these films loose their effectiveness over time? How long is its lifetime?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takumi-san (Post 1945061)
I have got the V-kool installed in our Esteem when we bought it but recently find that its effectiveness has decreased. Its been slightly more than 5 years now. Do these films loose their effectiveness over time? How long is its lifetime?

I'm not sure about V-kool, but I have Garware classic in my Alto. 5 years have passed and it's faded substantially. It's noticeable at the edges of the glass which sit under the rubber / cloth lining. I have had a good experience with 3M, which was installed over the windscreen. A much better product and more reliable and scratch resistant too.

I vouch for the glare reduction. I went for a 250km drive on my car without sunfilm and the glare got to me. Put vkool and drove to Kerala the following weekend and it was fine

@GTO

The film that you have on your car/s - is this not banned ? Any film thru which you cannot see the occupants will surely be ripped by the cops here. And you pay a substantial fine (theat is relative) Is that not how it is in Mumbai ?

From the pictures it appears that the occupant would hardly be visible in this case..or is it simply the angle of the pictures ??

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takumi-san (Post 1945061)
Its been slightly more than 5 years now. Do these films loose their effectiveness over time? How long is its lifetime?

Yes, sunfilm effectiveness definitely comes down with time. Replacing every 5 - 6 years is not a bad idea. I did so in my Vtec, though the one in the C has held up well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 (Post 1946005)
The film that you have on your car/s - is this not banned ?

Its not the light RTO approved shade, no, but neither is the sun film pitch black. Both the cars are wearing the exact same dark grey shade. The driver + front passenger are easily visible from the outside (hence, cops don't really pull me over), though the rear bench is completely out of view.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 (Post 1946005)
@GTO

The film that you have on your car/s - is this not banned ? Any film thru which you cannot see the occupants will surely be ripped by the cops here. And you pay a substantial fine (theat is relative) Is that not how it is in Mumbai ?

From the pictures it appears that the occupant would hardly be visible in this case..or is it simply the angle of the pictures ??

Cheers

Well that is what MOST enthusiasts tend to do if not all. Honestly, i see most cars around me with films that are NOT approved by the RTO here in Mumbai. While some install them just for the enhanced look, some install darker films for genuine UV blockage and the remaining do it for privacy ( for obvious reasons :D ) .
I have the Llumar steel 20 shade on my Audi which is NOT reflective atall but REALLY dark. Nothing is seen from outside. Its pitchblack during the day so you can imagine how it might appear at night. In my case, i partly installed these for the enhanced look as black non reflective ones look great on a white Audi and that apart they also do a pretty good job of blocking out the sun.
There is also another un-said ,understood logic that the cops usually dont stop Audis,Mercs or Beemers.lol. But yea, moving around in a modified ...say...Indica with super dark tints,loud music and neons,decals and vinyls would surely be asking for trouble.hehe

@GTO....what shades of V-Kool are these ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 1948088)
Well that is what MOST enthusiasts tend to do if not all. Honestly, i see most cars around me with films that are NOT approved by the RTO here in Mumbai. While some install them just for the enhanced look, some install darker films for genuine UV blockage and the remaining do it for privacy ( for obvious reasons :D ) .
I have the Llumar steel 20 shade on my Audi which is NOT reflective atall but REALLY dark. Nothing is seen from outside. Its pitchblack during the day so you can imagine how it might appear at night. In my case, i partly installed these for the enhanced look as black non reflective ones look great on a white Audi and that apart they also do a pretty good job of blocking out the sun.
There is also another un-said ,understood logic that the cops usually dont stop Audis,Mercs or Beemers.lol. But yea, moving around in a modified ...say...Indica with super dark tints,loud music and neons,decals and vinyls would surely be asking for trouble.hehe

Ok I get your logicrl: I was thinking of changing the film on my W124. What I will use is RTO approved or even lighter shade of grey but something which cuts out the heat. The car presently has a film which is 95% transparent, so it appears like there is no film installed.

I find it problematic to drive at night with dark windows.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 (Post 1949491)
Ok I get your logicrl: I was thinking of changing the film on my W124. What I will use is RTO approved or even lighter shade of grey but something which cuts out the heat. The car presently has a film which is 95% transparent, so it appears like there is no film installed.

I find it problematic to drive at night with dark windows.

Cheers

yup it is VERY MUCH advisable to install light tints if the driver concerned has problems with night driving or spirited after-dusk runs on expressways or highways where street lights are few and far in between. the cars eitherways have a few blind spots and with extra dark tints installed,it could just aggravate the problem. i installed dark ones as i could live with it,no vision problems. Got an earful from dad for it but really , it was TOTALLY worth it. thats how good the car looks :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 1948088)

Pitch black tints on a white car = Drool stuff.

Its funny how cops operate. Till about 2 years back, my Jeep wore pitch black film all around. Not once in the 5 years that she had the film did any cop pull me over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp (Post 1948419)
@GTO....what shades of V-Kool are these ??

Just checked my warranty card. Its the K.14 shade.