Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly recommended 34 79.07%
Recommended 5 11.63%
NOT recommended 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 19:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Free Jump starts & Battery help - Exide Batmobile, Mumbai (and other cities)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
+1

@GTO: I dont think the 1800 number on the first post is correct.
The correct number is 3271 1111. I used their service again on sunday night as i was in a hurry to catch a movie and forgot to switch off my headlights . Called them up and they attended to me in 15 mins.

They are a real life savers. Being a sunday, if not for them, i wouldve been stuck and the only option was to call Spectra Motors, Goregaon who said they will charge 750 bucks (i was stuck in Infinity Mall, Malad and my friend placed a call to Spectra as he didnt know of this service). I dont mind leaving a super positive feedback elsewhere as well for this service. God bless these guys.

P.S. - Where can i find a good set of Jumpstart cables around Malad?
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 17:04   #17
BHPian

Re: Free Jump starts & Battery help - Exide Batmobile, Mumbai (and other cities)

Just to update, yesterday I had to use this service to jump start my new bolero. The battery (Sonic SF) died within just two weeks of idle. I think this is because of auto security that I have installed as this uses constant battery current for GSM / GPRS network.

Anyways, the van reached within 30 mins as promised & jump started my vehicle. Only thing to ask is, the guy put the negative terminal of jumper cable on negative terminal of my battery, while as in some of the you tube videos I saw that its recommended to put the negative terminal of jumper cable to any sheet metal of the car or engine for grounding?

One more query, is there a possibility that the battery becomes so dead, that we can not even use our remote locking? Is there any such chance? what can cause such worst situation?
Old 21st October 2012, 19:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

I had used their services on three to four occasions when I had my Maruti 800. Once it was a blower left on for a few minutes which drained the battery and the subsequent times it was a faulty speaker connection which had caused a short.

The response time varied, once I was attended to within minutes, while the other times it took an hour or more than that. However they did arrive on the said hour and fixed the problems, third time also testing the battery cells when I informed them the problem had occurred a second time.

Highly recommended, though thankfully I haven't had to use their services after that.
Old 7th January 2013, 10:36   #19
BHPian

Used their services yesterday.
They reached in 10 minutes.
I had a Amaron battery and they did not discriminate.
Great service. Highly recommended
Old 7th January 2013, 12:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

I chanced to see this thread only today. Is there a service outlet in Hyderabad, and what is the contact number?

Smart move by Exide, I must confess. My experience with Exide over the past two decades has been very good, with my car batteries lasting for 3.9 years minimum to 6.2 years max.

Edit: I just called 040 32711111 and got through. I was told that this number would shortly be phased out and the new number all over India is 1800 180 11111. I was told that their service is available only in Hyderabad and Tirupati.

Last edited by vnabhi : 7th January 2013 at 12:20.
Old 25th February 2013, 16:56   #21
BHPian

My car was back from its 30k service and I was planning a trip of 600kms. I thought that there is no need for a check as the car was just back from service. The morning before the trip, I saw a patch of liquid under the car. I was worried if its some kind of oil leakage under the car. The liquid was clear but was not thin as water. I called my SA from Mandovi who suggested to get the car in for checkup. As the service station was far, I took it to another Maruti dealer in HSR. The SA there was not sure of the leak and suggested to leave the vehicle for checkup.

Finally, I wanted to give a last try with a local mech before I decide to drive 10kms in the most maddening traffic. That mech pointed out that the liquid is come from the battery and mostly the battery is gone as my car is 4years old. I looked around and found that a new Exide battery cost 10k. I thought I will call 'Bat Mobile' and let them have a look. If i have to change it, I will get it done from them.

The vehicle was away and ETA was later than 8pm. I requested them to reach before 6pm as it would give me time to purchase a new battery if needed. After few minutes the appointment was rescheduled to 6:30pm and they arrived on time. After a quick check it was found that Mandovi guys had put in more water than required hence the leakage. The person drained the excess water and also removed the battery to check for any cracks in the case as that could have caused leaks too.

They didnt even ask for any money/ tips. I paid them on my own. Appreciate their service. Exide has won a loyal customer in me and my family.

Last edited by mac187 : 25th February 2013 at 16:59.
Old 5th March 2013, 03:01   #22
BHPian

Used their services on Sunday. The battery on my Corolla Altis suddenly decided to die, while we were pulled up near Shivaji Park Ground in Mumbai. The engine just wont turn in. I made a couple of calls to nearby living friends and family to see if they had a pair of jump leads with no luck. I remembered reading this thread on Team-BHP directories section, with the power of 3G and the Team-BHP app for the iPhone I was able to locate this thread in a breeze and I tried calling the mentioned number.

I got through with a certain Mr. Swapnil over the phone, He asked me some details about the car and where my exact location was. The closest Batmobile they had to my area was at Charni Road, so the ETA given to me over the phone was of 45 minutes. Thankfully it was a Sunday so they got to the location within 30-35 minutes. Very brisk and effortlessly they detected that somehow the fluid levels in my battery were terribly low. The car had recently gone for a service but as I learn, they don't usually check the battery health unless you mention to them.

My battery make was indeed Exide. He filled up the battery, jumped started the engine, filled up a job report/card and we were off. I also tipped them on my own for their service.

Very impressed with Exide and their 'Batmobile' initiative. Won another loyal customer in me. Highly recommended.
n:CorE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 15:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

So the Batmobile service is available from 7 am - midnight.

The OE battery of my car refused to crank at 1110 pm in the night when I was at my parents place. I called them up at 1120 pm and told them the issue and asked them to send help. They refused.

Exide Batmobile refused to send someone over because I had called them at 1120 pm. They told me they do not take any calls after 1130 pm since all their vehicles are sent to be parked ! I reminded them it wasn't 1130 pm yet and they had to help me - they refused. I even told them that I was stranded, and the battery did not even have enough juice to lock my car and I had nowhere to go, they didn't budge and disconnected the call.

ABSOLUTELY UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR FROM EXIDE.

Why do they advertise that services are available till midnight if they stop taking calls an hour before closing time ?

I then had to leave the 3 doors unlocked and 1 window (front passenger side) open the whole night where I had parked my car and travel by auto to Powai after midnight.

I came back early next morning and replaced the OE battery with Amaron.

I do not recommend Exide at all.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 25th April 2013 at 15:02.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 18:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Just tried all the numbers. However no one is answering. Time to get jump start cables.

Edit: Finally got through them. Generally they service till 11pm but due to rains they have shut down the service early today. And due to the same reason they were not picking up the calls.

Last edited by Desmosedici : 16th June 2013 at 19:12.
Old 16th June 2013, 20:55   #25
BHPian

Recently I made a trip from Goa to Kolhapur via Belgaum. My Punto was in a fairly nice shape (present odo 55 k kms) except for the "Airbags Failure" warning every time i cranked the engine. During the previous servicing of the car (at 45k kms) i was advised by the service engineer to replace the battery. However like every other Indian, I tried to squeeze the max life out of it any postponed the replacement plans. Little did i know that the battery was slowly loosing its power.

I made a overnight halt at Belgaum and left for Kolhapur late in the morning. On reaching Kolhapur at 1415 hrs, i pulled on the side of the road to call up some hotels to check for availability. After confirming with one hotel, i tried to cranked up the engine. It wont start.

I tried two more times. It was cranking alright (a bit weakly) but the car wont start. During the cranking, the fuel gauge and the engine temp gauge would fall back to their "off" positions and the fuel pump indicator would go off.

Sensing a possible weak battery, i called up my cousin (a die hard fiat fan) for advice. He suggested a battery check up and gave me the Batmobile helpline no. I called them up, they noted down my location and finally after half an hour two guys on a bike showed up. They checked the battery and connected a battery they had brought along to the car and phew!!! The car jumped to life.
I filled up some info on the form they had brought along, and they guided my to the nearest exide dealer.

The dealer only had DIN 55 battery, while Punto has a DIN 50. The dealer suggested that i go for the DIN 55 with talks like "ye battery zyada powerful hai" and "kuch problem nahi hoga". However fearing for the electronics of the car, i stuck to the DIN 50 only replacement. After calling up atleast a dozen people and half an hour later, he finally arranged a DIN 50 battery for 5700 bucks - 600 (old battery)= Rs. 5100.

Thanks to this free service i was saved of the hassles of searching for a dealer and with a stranded car.
Old 17th June 2013, 11:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Again a good service. Called them up today morning and i was informed of a wait time of 90 minutes. Got a call in 90 minutes and car was jump started.
Would rate them 5 stars, its a free service after all.
Old 17th June 2013, 12:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
So the Batmobile service is available from 7 am - midnight.

The OE battery of my car refused to crank at 1110 pm in the night when I was at my parents place. I called them up at 1120 pm and told them the issue and asked them to send help. They refused.

Exide Batmobile refused to send someone over because I had called them at 1120 pm. They told me they do not take any calls after 1130 pm since all their vehicles are sent to be parked ! I reminded them it wasn't 1130 pm yet and they had to help me - they refused. I even told them that I was stranded, and the battery did not even have enough juice to lock my car and I had nowhere to go, they didn't budge and disconnected the call.

ABSOLUTELY UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR FROM EXIDE.

Why do they advertise that services are available till midnight if they stop taking calls an hour before closing time ?

I then had to leave the 3 doors unlocked and 1 window (front passenger side) open the whole night where I had parked my car and travel by auto to Powai after midnight.

I came back early next morning and replaced the OE battery with Amaron.

I do not recommend Exide at all.
I am surprised to see such comments on our forum. 11-20 pm at night is an odd time for anyone not just Batmobile which is a free service. Did you try reaching out to your MASS for their 24x7 service (Now each manufacturer has it) and see if you can get them to attend to your problem. Even when paid I am sure you wouldn't have got someone to come to your place and fix the issue at such a late hour.
It is not fair to rubbish an excellent service from exide when such one off incidents happen.
Old 3rd September 2013, 18:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Today, my Civic didn't start because of battery problem (the car was not used in last 9 days).

Called up Exide Batmobile at 180018011111 at 15:30, got connected to Gurgaon's concerned person after selecting the appropriate option on their IVR.

The person asked all the details and he was not very keen on coming/sending someone. He said in typical Haryana Jaat language, sir your battery is old, you will have to get it replaced (till then, it was not clear if he wanted to sell a battery or was asking me to call battery dealer to the job). When I told him to come over and I will replace if required but again he was talking silly.

When I told him strictly that Exide has appointed them to help anyone in starting the car who calls them for battery related problem. He was a bit scared as if I am recording the call and specifically told me that their job is just to start the car and the do not sell any battery.

So, I requested him to send someone and he told me that he will be able to send someone only at 6:00 PM. I asked him if someone will come today itself or not and he said yes.

Now, I am waiting and nobody appeared in last two and a half hours. Let's see what happens. Will update this thread if (and when) they come.
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

And they came just 10 minutes after my post.

4 persons in a New Maruti 800 with a battery and a jump start cable. Started the car and suggested nearest Exide dealer.

Very friendly guys.
Old 19th December 2013, 15:02   #30
BHPian

Just today I called up these batmobile guys today at noon, to assist one office colleague of mine facing some battery problem in his car. These guys were prompt in their service and by the time I called my friend back, they had arrived, tested, shown the result and had replaced the battery at a very competitive price. No extra charge was collected. Great service, I must say.

Most Viewed