Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly recommended 34 79.07%
Recommended 5 11.63%
NOT recommended 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 13:01   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Free Jump starts & Battery help - Exide Batmobile, Mumbai (and other cities)

Stranded because of a weak or dead battery? Don't sweat. Here is an A+ grade service provided by Exide.

NOTE: This service is available free-of-cost in all Metro cities, and some smaller ones as well.

Services offered:
  • Free jump starts and battery checkups. Service available from 0700 hours - Midnight, 7 days a week. At last count, they had over 50 vans covering 27 Indian cities
What I like:
  • Free service, yet thoroughly professional. Prompt support delivers on their promise
  • Will jump start your car, whichever the battery brand. My Jeep has an Amaron unit, yet Batmobile helped me out on two separate occasions
  • Free checkups. Mobile technicians know their batteries. Will provide accurate advice & information
  • Average response time = 30 minutes
  • Well equipped van. Atleast 2 batteries, jumper cables, voltage meters etc. on board
What I don't like:
  • Response time depends on availability of the Batmobile van (whether they are attending to someone else), and their proximity to your location. Completely understandable
  • Unavailable from Midnight to 0700 hours. Bad news for the party animals
Pricing: Well, its a free service

Related Thread: Batmobile Roadside Assistance

My experience: Two jumpstarts for the Jeep. One a defective battery, the other time a dead battery

Contact Information

- Phone numbers : 3271.1111 / 6520.6764 / 180018011111

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th February 2013 at 09:39. Reason: Website URL updated
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th July 2010, 12:32   #2
BHPian

Good to know !! This number goes into the mobile now

Sad I didnt know about this like a week or so back.
By mistake I'd left the low lights on in my Santro, in the morning at office parking (Powai) and ended up with a dead battery by evening.

Stupid Automatics, however convenient they are, dont push start.
I didnt have a jumper cable either, else could've used another car to help.

A call to Hyundai helpline for a jump start gave me an estimate of 400 bucks and earliest availability the next morning only.

Finally had to hunt for a local battery-wala at Vikhroli who did the job for 100 bucks + to/fro auto fare (say another 100).

-----------------

+ 1 to such an initiative !
Old 10th July 2010, 05:31   #3
BHPian

Do they do general checkups as well? (For EXIDE customers)
i.e. Not stranded, just the regular recommended once in 3 months checkup.
That would be so very convenient
Old 12th July 2010, 13:27   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Good to know !! This number goes into the mobile now

Sad I didnt know about this like a week or so back.
Exactly the purpose of the Team-BHP Directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Do they do general checkups as well? (For EXIDE customers)
General checkups for all cars, irrespective of the battery it has under the hood. However, I'm pretty sure they'll do a general checkup along with a breakdown visit (and not come all the way to only run a check).
Old 12th July 2010, 14:02   #5
BANNED

Good. A very nice way of getting some additional Exide sales! When is Amaron setting up something similar?
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:56   #6
BANNED

Tried to use this today - didn't have a good experience - posted in another batmobile thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2148433
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:22   #7
BHPian

I got to use the service last week. Had left parking lights on all day and by night disovered that the battery was all drained out. Didnt try the service that night since it was raining badly and the traffic was a mess all thru out the city. Figured even if I called them it would take them too long to get to where I was. Left the car in office.

Called them next day. Got through after 2-3 attempts. They told it would take about 90-120 min for the van to come here and it did more or less on time.

The guys checked the battery, helped me with a jump start of the automatic and observed it for some time if the battery was charging. It was free service alright but I gave them some anyways for their help.

All in all, if you dont really expect them to turn up in 30 minutes anytime of the day - i think they are quite good.
Even Hyundai wouldnt have done any better or any cheaper.
Old 30th April 2011, 08:18   #8
BHPian

Re: Free Jump starts & Battery help - Exide Batmobile, Mumbai (and other cities)

Used their service in 2007. This was no emergency (thankfully) since the car was parked at home but still the service van was at my place with in an hour. They diagnosed the battery as kaput and suggested a replacement. But they were professional enough not to sell me Exide only. Mentioned that they could put me in touch with the nearest authorised Exide dealer or I could get a battery from elsewhere. Very satisfied with the response. As I type, I have registered a call with them again and would report back with how the second experience went.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 30th April 2011 at 08:21.
Old 24th June 2011, 18:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Free Jump starts & Battery help - Exide Batmobile, Mumbai (and other cities)

my indica was dead after 3 months of parking. They came, did a jump start, after about 10 minutes of running, the battery still was not able to hold a charge. They started it again, another 10 minutes, still no luck. they gave me a sheet and left. Eventually contacted the Exide dealer and got a replacement battery. Had plans to fit an amaron or a yellow top, but right now am a poor student, and cheap will do

for something free, even if it has a lead generation element built in, its pretty awesome!
Old 24th June 2011, 18:50   #10
BHPian

I called them few months ago when my brand new Exide went dead. The car was parked outside my home (Greater Noida) which is about 15 KM away from Noida. They offer this facility in Noida but not in Greater Noida so they asked me to bring my car to nearest Noida Sector which obviously I could not have done. So called up a local mechnic who started my car.
Old 3rd July 2011, 16:40   #11
SAS
BHPian

Hi,

I just availed of their services today. They checked the battery, whether the alternator was charging correctly, etc. Then they jump started my car. Their diagnosis seemed spot on (I double checked with my Tata Green battery supplier). They should take that opportunity to upsell their batteries.

the service was good, they came at the time they told me, etc.

I would definitely recommend their service to anybody. Kudos to Exide for this..
Old 6th April 2012, 22:16   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Received an SMS that the Exide Batmobile phone number has been updated. In case any of you had it saved, please note the new contact details:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Phone numbers (NEW) : 180018011111
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 20:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

Used their services yesterday after i kept the switch for the Aux fan running in my Gypsy. Called them up and they said they would take 2 hours as they had others calls to complete in the nearby area. Followed up with them in an hour and they confirmed that their service person would call soon. They did call and gave their service persons number who was waiting outside my office. They came, checked the reading, jump started the car and again checked the reading. Gave me a receipt of their service and when asked for the charges, they said its free of cost however i tipped them. Very professional. They also said that the battery needs charging and any nearest Exide outlet will do that for me and also provide a replacement battery for the duration.

Overall satisfied.
Old 23rd August 2012, 09:25   #14
BHPian

Voted Recommended. Have used their services twice, both times on vehicles left unused causing discharge. Prompt service and professional. Free checkup was done and since I (purposefully) did not volunteer any knowledge there was no sales pitch for battery replacement.

Surprisingly, a lot of people are unaware of this facility and rely on local garage guy to help out.
Old 28th August 2012, 19:31   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Surprisingly, a lot of people are unaware of this facility and rely on local garage guy to help out.
+1
Though I knew BAT Mobile, I didnt know that they attended to non-Exide battery.

I had shelled out Rs 300/- for a battery recharge + pick & delivery of the same at the local battery store.

@GTO: I dont think the 1800 number on the first post is correct.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks