Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 12:15   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
How much did it cost you for the ALTO? Was it just exterior or did you do interiors as well?
Got only the interiors done. I experimented with different products on different panels to get the desired output. Lot of time 'n' effort put by the guys really paid off and I got the desired output. Approx costing with all experimentation would be around 1800/-
Old 27th October 2010, 12:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
Got only the interiors done. I experimented with different products on different panels to get the desired output. Lot of time 'n' effort put by the guys really paid off and I got the desired output. Approx costing with all experimentation would be around 1800/-
I believe you meant exterior and not interior.
Also can you post work in progress snaps that you have clicked.
I believe the only downer would be that we will have to go to him which would easily knock out a day.
Old 27th October 2010, 13:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
I believe you meant exterior and not interior.
Also can you post work in progress snaps that you have clicked.
I believe the only downer would be that we will have to go to him which would easily knock out a day.
Thanks for the correction. Yes I meant Exteriors.

I would recommend going there and not getting it done at your premises. When you go there you can play around with a lot more products and see the difference and choose what you need. Also in case you need to repeat a step like glazing or rubbing more number of times to get the desired shine, then they might run out of material when they come to your premises and it would be sheer waste of time. In my case I used two different paint sealants after seeing the output. If they would have come to my place, I might not have got the idea of the finish by just using one layer of paint sealant.

I will upload the pics in some time
Old 28th October 2010, 12:23   #34
BHPian

Before Detailing

1) Washing the car
2) Using diesel to remove tar and dirt stuck on body
3) Clean all rubber parts - doors/windows/windscreen areas
4) Wash the car again
5) Shampoo the car using a good car shampoo
6) Use pressure air to reach places where cleaning with a cloth is not possible
7) Wipe it dry (if possible use a microfiber cloth)
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00227201010251003.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00225201010251002.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00226201010251002.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00230201010251006.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00232201010251007.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00234201010251009.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00238201010251014.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00239201010251015.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00240201010251018.jpg  

Old 28th October 2010, 12:54   #35
BHPian

The actual Detailing

1) Apply scratch remover to all big and visible scratches
2) Work on the scratched area using a rotary hand polisher.
3) Use toothbrush to scrub off dirt from areas near door garnish cover, beadings etc.
4) Apply rubbing agent through out and then use the rotary orbital polisher.
5) Apply paint sealant and then buff it - use a foam pad and then a wollen pad.
6) Then use glaze and use the wollen rotary pad.
7) Wipe the car clean with a detailing cloth.
8) Then clean the tyres and apply the tire dresser liquid.
9) Work on the plastic and rubber parts - cleaner and protector.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00241201010251029.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00244201010251031.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00248201010251048.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00249201010251055.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00250201010251100.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00252201010251105.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00258201010251152.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00261201010251226.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00265201010251327.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-img00270201010251334.jpg  

Old 28th October 2010, 13:08   #36
BHPian

Great work !
Let us know how long the wow 'effect' lasts - say after a few days does it still look the same ?

I have seen instances where the car looks swell immd. when it was worked upon, but the shine and the wow factor goes down in a few days time.
This btw, is a generic comment and not feedback specific to Auto Shine.
Old 28th October 2010, 13:32   #37
BHPian

Good WIP images.
Is washing part of the deal or was done at an extra cost?
Old 28th October 2010, 15:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Great work !
Let us know how long the wow 'effect' lasts - say after a few days does it still look the same ?

I have seen instances where the car looks swell immd. when it was worked upon, but the shine and the wow factor goes down in a few days time.
This btw, is a generic comment and not feedback specific to Auto Shine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Good WIP images.
Is washing part of the deal or was done at an extra cost?
@jigbarai : I usually wash my own ride and detail it myself once every 4-5 months. My Alto is parked in an enclosed garage where there are no issues of bird droppings or any chemical reactions due to heat when it is not being used. This is my weekend drive. So I guess the WOW factor will last for a longer time.

@f1fan: Washing was done at an extra cost. This is a small setup where they do only washing of 4 & 2 wheelers.
Old 9th May 2011, 14:22   #39
BHPian

Re: Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)

Spent Half a day with Parag Mehta at Auto Shine Kandivali getting my fiesta clean and tip top. I must say it was a good experience.
Had Zirconite treatment done on the exteriors and the results have been excellent so far. The beast comes out with a smile and the there is a difference when you touch the surface too.
All in all, time well spent. It is claimed that the treatment is effective in the long run and he was ready for a warranty too. Lets see how it turns out. Have a few long hauls coming up over the week in dusty terrains and if it retains the sheen then i would say its money well spent. Would keep you people posted.
Old 9th May 2011, 16:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
Spent Half a day with Parag Mehta at Auto Shine Kandivali getting my fiesta clean and tip top. I must say it was a good experience.
Had Zirconite treatment done on the exteriors and the results have been excellent so far. The beast comes out with a smile and the there is a difference when you touch the surface too.
^^Could you kindly post the cost involved for this Zirconite treatment and how diff is that from the normal one?
Old 11th May 2011, 14:47   #41
BHPian

Hi there, the entire treatment costs around Rs. 8000/- for a sedan like mine. They also provide a warranty and a kit for home use.
As for the effects, well Parag claims that the excellent sheen on the car would be maintained over the long run. The initial effects have been brilliant i must admit, but the long term efficacy would have to be waited and watched. in any case the validity of his claims that a simple water wash restores the sheen would be put to test soon enough.
In the meantime here are some pictures of the work done, an immediate effect is that the car looks better than the day it was taken from the showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-before-coat-2.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-after-final1.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-after-fr.jpg  

Old 19th August 2011, 22:58   #42
BHPian

Used Parag's services in refurbishing my Swift before selling her off - thorough interior cleaning + odour removal + ext. wash + engine bay cleaning.

Parag is a nice, genial gentleman with a passion for detailing.

results were pretty good - more than paid for itself by increasing my car's resale value
Old 1st September 2011, 19:07   #43
BHPian

went to parag today with my punto. His team did a great job with the interiors as well as exteriors - especially challenging given my pet dogs hair was all over the carpet. Parag is a very affable man and is very attentive to detail. It was unfortunate that I went on a day when the washing setup was closed - so they had to wipe the car clean.
Old 1st September 2011, 23:39   #44
BHPian

some pics of the job today
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-punto-detailing-001.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-punto-detailing-014.jpg  

Car Detailing & Interior Cleaning - Auto Shine (Kandivali West, Mumbai)-punto-detailing-016.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2011, 23:48   #45
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
went to parag today with my punto. His team did a great job with the interiors as well as exteriors.
Could you kindly post the cost involved ? Also what products/treatment did you opt for?

Most Viewed