Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly recommended 1 25.00%
Recommended 1 25.00%
NOT recommended 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 22:17   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

24x7 towing service - Ashish Towing (Mumbai)

Services offered:
  • Towing services from & to any place within Mumbai city limits
What I like:
  • Responds to calls, no matter what the time and place. Will send truck
  • Has a couple of trucks roaming around town
  • Lets you ride along in his truck (if you want to keep an eye on your car)
  • The two times that I've used his towing service, he seemed to carefully tow the vehicle
What I don't like:
  • Inconsistent pricing. Remember to bargain
  • Can take long if you & his nearest truck are at opposite ends of town
Pricing: Neither cheap nor expensive. Middle of the way

Speciality / USP: None in particular. "Always available" towing, that's all

What I have bought from him: One Guess : Which car of mine you think required his towing service? 2X Jeep

NOTE: If you have a dead battery, don't tow. Get a free jumpstart. Link to thread

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Ashish
- Phone numbers: 98200.79692 / 6162.5753
- Postal Address: Irrelevant. Will come wherever your car is stranded

Last edited by GTO : 27th September 2010 at 22:23.
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:29   #2
BHPian

Towing charges from Goregaon Oberoi Mall (on western express highway) to Borivali West (SV Road) for a small hatchback car quoted at a thousand bucks, no bargain. It was around 8 PM sunday evening. Barely a 30 minute ride.

This considering that he had some contacts in Goregeon itself with the towing truck (may be not his own) and did not really have to travel through from a remote place in the city.

Not worth IMO.

We asked a traffic policeman there and he guided us to the 'no-parking' towing truck about 1 km away at a police chowky. They did the job in half the above quoted rate.

@ GTO -
Appreciate if you could share what you were charged, and for what exact service/circumstances.
Just to give others an idea.

Last edited by jigbarai : 22nd November 2010 at 19:31.
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:16   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jigbarai,

The last time I used their service, it was to tow the Jeep from Churchgate to Parel (where the Mahindra workshop is located). They charged me 400 bucks which I think is fairly reasonable.
Old 1st August 2011, 14:44   #4
BHPian

Re: 24x7 towing service - Ashish Towing (Mumbai)

I think its pretty ok.

Correct me if wrong but if you and your car were stranded on one of the national highways u would not hesitate about a costing would you???
Old 1st August 2011, 16:27   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLyn View Post
I think its pretty ok.

Correct me if wrong but if you and your car were stranded on one of the national highways u would not hesitate about a costing would you???
National Highway, remote location, middle of nowhere, middle of the night - sure, money would not be that much of a concern and a little premium would be reasonable/justified.

But we are talking here about a location that is bang in the middle of the city, car being near a very famous mall, at a very reasonable time in the evening.

Which is precisely why I could get it done by other alternatives in half the cost.
Old 1st August 2011, 16:45   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
"Always available" towing, that's all.
Quote:
Will come wherever your car is stranded
When you're stranded what else do you want. If he can provide this I guess he's good.

Quote:
Inconsistent pricing. Remember to bargain
In this kind of a situation sometimes you don't have a choice but pay what he demands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Not worth IMO.
We asked a traffic policeman there and he guided us to the 'no-parking' towing truck about 1 km away at a police chowky. They did the job in half the above quoted rate.
They probably knew there was competition and you had other choices. Also the tow truck was nearby.

The "Always available" and "Will come wherever your car is stranded" is not offered by the no-parking truck.

Note: I'm not from Mumbai and haven't used this service but would if I was stranded in Mumbai.

Last edited by Live To Jive : 1st August 2011 at 16:52.
Old 10th August 2011, 02:54   #7
BHPian

While I totally agree with your side of the argument, see mate you got to try and understand that there could be alot of factors on the side which at that time you choose to ignore! Like perhaps, no parking where your car has broken down, sometimes your travelling with a female companion that u can't leave with your ride out in nowhere or sometimes you just don't trust the surroundings the car is in? Now don't u agree to a certain extent?? Would you rather pay rs500 for towing then rather running around to see where your car has been towed too ??

Most Viewed