Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2011, 15:04   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Glad you guys are happy with my recommendation. Infact yet again some idiot car washer I had in the middle messed up the detailing. No more black cars for me ever. I'm going to have to call Jehangir and get the Accord and Punto and the Bimmer detailed from the outside again.
Old 28th November 2011, 23:17   #17
BHPian

Would readily recommend Kamyo (and have done so already)

Excellent service. Prompt, committed & timely.

Kamyo is a service born out of passion & it really shows. Have used their services quite a few times & will keep calling them as they deliver exactly what is promised. I would even suggest those who are using their services for the 1st time, to be present during the entire service to really see & appreciate the hard work, attention to detail & the organised process used.

Jehangir will gladly explain the entire service & any & all questions you may have. The passion he has for car detailing can be easily seen when he talks about it.
Another striking thing is that after assessing the car before beginning, he will very honestly & straightforward tell you what to expect.
For example, if a deep scratch cannot be fully removed, but lightened to a great extent, he will tell you so. The best part is that you will definitely get exactly what he has promised, if not better, and that too, everytime. And believe me, regardless of the stuff he tells you right before beginning the detailing, all in all, you will definitely be very happy with the results. Also, after assessing the car, if extra sanding is required, he will upfront tell you before beginning the detailing that there will be an added cost due to the extra sanding required. In case of my black verna, it was required due to small white paint spots on it. During the detailing of the C, it wasnt required.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

Below are a couple of points i observed quietly during the detailing that show the attention to detail that Kamyo goes into:

- The leather seats were literally a couple of shades lighter! Due to all the grime that collects evenly on them, it is not noticeable that they are indeed dirty. But after the steam cleaning process they used & after Jehangir showed me a half seat cleaning, i was suprised to see the difference! Unfortunately, i dont have a picture of the half cleaned seat, but am attaching one after it was cleaned.
Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-merc-detailing-seats.jpg

- Methodical & process centered approach - In the below pic, you will notice the organised approach they use. The panel gaps are taped & the OVRM is covered so that during the polishing & sealant application, the powder residue does not get into the crevices.
Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-merc-detailing-taping-covering.jpg

- Being a perfectionist, i asked him if the light scratches in the door handles can be reduced. We both knew it is a tricky place, but he said he will try. The results are below. Also notice the reflections in the paint to get an idea of the before & after detailing finish. Keep in mind, this is a silver, light coloured car, yet the difference is noticeable
Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-merc-detailing-handle-before.jpgCar Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-merc-detailing-handle-after.jpg

- Insides of fuel cap cover & logos & emblems cleaned
Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-merc-detailing-emblems.jpg

- Alloys are impeccably cleaned, even the lug nuts & the crevices in which they are placed
Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-merc-detailing-rim-bolts.jpg

- They are well equipped including a steam-wash machine for the interiors.
As already mentioned by Akshay in the opening post, Jehangir has self-designed some of the equipment used in the detailing process.

And yes, the above points are not just because it was a Mercedes. They do the exact same, thorough job for any car they detail. My black coloured Verna, which was the first car i got detailed from them, was shown the same love & treatment when i had called them for the first time.

The last thing i would like to mention is that you get all this with at-your-doorstep convenience & at a reasonable price.

Apart from everything else i have written above, i second the stuff mentioned by Bomi in his post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
1. Punctuality. He said he would come to my place at 9am and he was there at 9.
2. No mess. They clean up the garage/workplace, once the job is done.
3. No bargaining or quoting higher prices if you have an exotic. I like that.
4. Professional attitude. The Ritz received as thorough a clean-up as the RS although it was almost new.
Bomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Glad you guys are happy with my recommendation. No more black cars for me ever.
Hehe, why not. Just call Kamyo every 6-8 months. My Verna is still looking great due to the detailing.

NOTE: They have a new & more user-friendly website now - KAMYO-The Car Spa At Your Doorstep
Moderators, please delete the old website address & add this one into the opening post by Akshay.

Last edited by Xehaust : 28th November 2011 at 23:37.
Xehaust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 15:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
Based on recommendations on this forum, I got Jehangir to detail my RS and the Ritz. An astounding super job, he has done. The RS looks as if I have just driven it out of a showroom and the Ritz even better than when I had purchased it about 5 months ago. What I particularly liked:

1. Punctuality. He said he would come to my place at 9am and he was there at 9.
2. No mess. They clean up the garage/workplace, once the job is done.
3. No bargaining or quoting higher prices if you have an exotic. I like that.
4. Professional attitude. The Ritz received as thorough a clean-up as the RS although it was almost new.

Recommend highly.
Bomi
I've used this service and endorse your views totally. though, He could do with some better products like leather conditioners etc instead of just sticking to his own developed products. He has promised me to be back with some branded products for my higher end cars.
Old 7th January 2012, 19:00   #19
bhp
BHPian

Got my 40 month old Red Swift detailed interiors and exteriors from Kamyo yesterday. There were 4 people working on the car and it took them around 6 hours to complete the job.

Mr Jehangir and his team know their work very well. I am very happy with the outcome for the same. Excellent service and knowledge about the work that was done. He was there throughout monitoring the work.

There were lots of minor scratches and paint on the car which vanished after the polish. They managed to give the exterior a mirror type finish.

Recently i had also got my Fortuner detailed from 3M car care and i would rate Kamyo better then those guys.

Some pics post detailing
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img2012010600307.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img2012010600306.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img2012010600305.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img2012010600309.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img2012010600310.jpg  

bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 13:16   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post

Recently i had also got my Fortuner detailed from 3M car care and i would rate Kamyo better then those guys.
Thanks a lot for that. I was confused between Kamyo and 3M. Now i know whom to go to ..
Old 13th January 2012, 15:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

Got the 320d and the Punto done by Kamyo yesterday. And it feels like I should not have taken the Accord to 3m and just got it done by Kamyo. The level of detail that these guys go into cannot be beaten in Mumbai. 3M while their products seem good the overall job was not as good. I will upload pics in a short while of the BMW.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 17:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Got the 320d and the Punto done by Kamyo yesterday. And it feels like I should not have taken the Accord to 3m and just got it done by Kamyo. The level of detail that these guys go into cannot be beaten in Mumbai. 3M while their products seem good the overall job was not as good. I will upload pics in a short while of the BMW.
akshay, how much did they charge ?
Old 13th January 2012, 18:27   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
akshay, how much did they charge ?
7k for both the cars totally. There were a lot of hardwater marks which had to be removed and took a long time.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img2012011200042.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 02:44   #24
Team-BHP Support

This is why Jehangir is the best in Bombay, a mirror finish -
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-dsc_1574.jpg  

Old 20th February 2012, 10:07   #25
BHPian

I read somewhere that they require a water connection to work. I don't have it in my underground parking. How do they get around it?
Old 21st February 2012, 22:41   #26
BHPian

I had my VW Polo 1.6 detailed by Kamyo today. Since the car is not even 6 months old, I only had the exterior done as there was no need for the interior.

I must say I am extremely satisfied with the work done. The entire exterior took about 3 and a half hours, and every little nook and corner was looked after. From the water salts around the badging, to the dirt in the wheel nuts, and the tiny paint spots on the windshield, their attention to detail is terrific, and even the end product simply amazed me. No doubt the car was in good condition even earlier, but now it looks like it's just out of the showroom. The final sealant they apply is a very useful bonus, since it protects the car from the pollution and strong sunlight of Mumbai. At least now I will be less reluctant to leave my car out in the open.

I was with the team throughout, and Jehangir was explaining every single step patiently. I am now a lot more knowledgeable about car-care since he generously imparted a lot of wisdom.

I would recommend Kamyo to everyone who genuinely cares about the upkeep of their car and is looking for an efficient and convenient solution.

Regards,
RTM
Old 1st March 2012, 19:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!

Have already posted on this thread before when Jehangir had done my Swift a year ago and I had nothing but praise about the outcome. Obviously it didn't make me think twice about who to contact with regards to getting a paint protection treatment on my brand new VW Polo 1.6. Got delivery the car on the 26th Feb and did the detail today. Let the pics do the talking!!
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-front.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-diagonal.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-rear.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-side.jpg  

Attached Images

Epic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 08:15   #28
Team-BHP Support

Pretty impressive results from Kamyo. Very detailed website and extremely well priced offerings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
I read somewhere that they require a water connection to work. I don't have it in my underground parking. How do they get around it?
This could be an issue for many.

What if I don't have a covered parking?
What if I don't have a running water facility?
What if my building/society doesn't allow me to carry out such exercise?

In these kind of situations, can I take my car to their preferred place?
Old 3rd March 2012, 19:39   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
This could be an issue for many.

What if I don't have a covered parking?
What if I don't have a running water facility?
What if my building/society doesn't allow me to carry out such exercise?

In these kind of situations, can I take my car to their preferred place?
Yes they certainly will try and sort something out. I've spoken to Jehangir about this if I recall correctly, a while ago. The best thing to do is speak to them, and accordingly take it from there. Did you have a word with him, sir?
Old 3rd March 2012, 19:48   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did you have a word with him, sir?
Akshay, no I haven't. I'm in Bangalore now and will spend four days next in Chennai. Coming weekend is also loaded and I'll try to work out time with him for week after next. Of course I'll keep you in the loop. Thanks for helping me out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks