Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:49   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I guess, near our area, we have only RON & WALTERS as mentioned here.

No personal experience though.

We also have 3M in Andheri (W), first shop inside Laxmi Industrial Estate.

Other than that, I am unaware of anything in Powai. Next option is to go to Thane!
Raj,

What I meant what that I need to arrange a place with running water so that Kamyo guys can come over and get the job done.
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:36   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing, Akshay. I've used Kamyo's services twice and would give it a 6 / 10 rating. Nothing wrong with their work, but the pricing is on the higher side for what they deliver. I've ended up much happier with Mazda Motors (Pervez) and Rhyme & Rhythm (Sachin).

Considering Kamyo would charge about 5-5.5k for an Accord / Cruze, how much would Mazda Motors or Rhyme n Rhythm charge for the same scope of work?
Old 22nd March 2012, 16:28   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^ Rhyme & Rhythm would be about the same, though Mazda Motors is super expensive.
Old 22nd March 2012, 17:08   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

Z,

Any way that we can compare K and Mazda? With all the enthusiastic thumbs up by hard core auto nuts here, I am faltering a bit re. Mazda. Will have to get the car detailed in April.

Regards
Free2bepowerless has been using mazda for his cars, and just used Kamyo. He can give you a comparison.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 02:13   #50
BHPian

i have using mazda for paint/polish and rhyme and rhythm for interiors for a long time now .

i feel it may not be fair to compare mazda to R&R or Kamyo
mazda is excellent for anything regarding paint and bodywork .
They are very expensive especially for polishing and on average cost between 5-8k just for body polish .
IMO the money is justified simply because they understand paint better than any other polishing service provider and really deliver the goods .
They can actually check the thickness of the clear coat and polish the vehicle accordingly .The quality of the products they use itself justifys the cost .
I mostly send my relatively expensive cars which have ceramic clear coats to mazda for polishing .

i recently got my fiesta detailed by jehangir .His people did an excellent job and it Cost me 5500 incl taxes .Included in the amount is an additional
charge for removing black paint spots/overspray on the body .I was quite happy with the work . Jehangir even came back the next day on my request to clean smudge marks that were on the inside of the windshield .
Have had a similar experience with sachin at rhyme and rhythm .Diffence is that sachins steam cleaning machine and ionizing machine are better but his staff keep changing .

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 2nd April 2012 at 02:19.
Old 9th April 2012, 10:25   #51
SSP
BHPian

Over the last 2 weekends I got my 3 year old gray i20, 4 year old black Accord, & 1 year old Sepang Blue RS5 detailed by Kamyo. Jehangir did a fabulous job on each of them. Attention to detail is commendable. Will continue to use their services in the future. Unfortunately I didnt take pictures of before after. Jehangir did take of the Audi, which I will try and post here later.
Old 9th April 2012, 13:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Guys who have used Kamyo's services, I have one query -

How do these guys clean the car... Pressure wash?

If yes, how do they clean the underbody? Since they dont have the facility of a lift or pit...
Old 9th April 2012, 17:02   #53
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Guys who have used Kamyo's services, I have one query -

How do these guys clean the car... Pressure wash?

If yes, how do they clean the underbody? Since they dont have the facility of a lift or pit...
They dont use a pressure wash, and they dont do undercarriages. Wheel wells get done by hand.
SSP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 17:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP View Post
They dont use a pressure wash, and they dont do undercarriages. Wheel wells get done by hand.
Thank you. I was planning to get my Innova detailed. But I am very finicky about a clean underbody & wheel wells.

Guess, I will visit 3M again. 3M is also cheaper than Kamyo.
Old 10th April 2012, 00:18   #55
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3M is also cheaper than Kamyo.
Is that the case ? I was under the impression that 3M was more expensive than Kamyo.

Also guys, have any of you done the Headlight Restoration from Kamyo? The left headlight on my Octavia has faded a bit. Was thinking of getting it done along with the exterior,interior detailing once i can spare some time.
One good thing is water is readily available right next to my parking slot!

Last edited by PPS : 10th April 2012 at 00:20.
Old 10th April 2012, 16:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Is that the case ? I was under the impression that 3M was more expensive than Kamyo.
Considering the prices mentioned on Kamyo's website, I found 3M to be cheaper by a few hundred rupees.

I spoke to Parag in 3M, Andheri. For my Innova, exterior restore advanced plus premium interior clean would cost me 7k. In Kamyo, it would cost me 7.3k. What is good is that 3M uses a pressure wash to thoroughly clean the wheel wells & underbody, unlike Kamyo. Also, Kamyo's standard treatment does not include removal of scratches (as mentioned in website), which 3M does. Please note that I have not spoken to anyone in Kamyo yet.

Kamyo's only advantage, as I can see, is door step convenience.

So I am taking my Innova to 3M tomorrow.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 10th April 2012 at 16:32.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 20:40   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
3M is also cheaper than Kamyo.
Maybe their basic services are, but when I got the Accord done by them my bill was almost 7k just for exterior. Kamyo charged me around 6k-6.5k for interior and exterior including sanding and whatever they had to do.
Old 11th April 2012, 10:14   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Maybe their basic services are, but when I got the Accord done by them my bill was almost 7k just for exterior. Kamyo charged me around 6k-6.5k for interior and exterior including sanding and whatever they had to do.
Err, what I mentioned are not basic services buddy. Infact, "power shine" & "foam wash" are their basic services. Anyways, I did a direct back to back comparo on what process in followed in each of the services in 3M & Kamyo respectively. And I found that Kamyo's exterior treatment matches 3M's 'exterior restore advanced', except that 3M also removes minor scratches in this treatment.

Maybe you must have gone for the paint sealant treatment (which I personally feel is not required), which is why your bill came to 7k.
Old 11th April 2012, 14:55   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Err, what I mentioned are not basic services buddy. Infact, "power shine" & "foam wash" are their basic services. Anyways, I did a direct back to back comparo on what process in followed in each of the services in 3M & Kamyo respectively. And I found that Kamyo's exterior treatment matches 3M's 'exterior restore advanced', except that 3M also removes minor scratches in this treatment.

Maybe you must have gone for the paint sealant treatment (which I personally feel is not required), which is why your bill came to 7k.
I honestly don't know the description on the websites, but I had done the advanced thing with sanding, and sealant too possibly, and kamyo does the same steps at a better price with much, much better care.

EDIT - Almost the same steps, foam wash is missing in Kamyo.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2012, 09:56   #60
BHPian

Just got our Ikon detailed by Jehangir from Kamyo. He was there throughout to supervise the whole operation.

The car has been transformed and looks the way it did during delivery.
The charges were Rs.5056/- (inclusive of service charges).

They came well prepared with all the equipment, it was wonderful to see all the equipment, and impressed with the preparedness and detailing.
The water was taken from the common tap(put a new tap as existing was faulty.. Nice gesture) and the electricity from my home at 2nd floor (Yes they have a very long extension wire).

Jehangir mentioned that the wheel wells and under body are not included. Would be more pleased if the wheel wells were cleaned as well.

Over all a very good experience. Will posts the pics once i transfer them.

Just hoping that the shine lasts a few months, as it is hard to come to terms with watchmen creating swirl marks as part of daily wash.

Cheers
MKPI

Last edited by mkpiyengar : 15th April 2012 at 10:08. Reason: add more lines

Most Viewed