Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 18:43   #1
Team-BHP Support

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Services Offered -
  • A full car interior-exterior detailing job or either of the two.
  • They are basically a mobile unit, so they come to your place, or if you dont have place they might be able to work something out.
What I like -
  • They do an excellent job from the few times I have used them.
  • Experience in handling high end cars, upto say an S-Class. So no need to worry.
  • Run by a Parsee gentleman so can be assured your car is in good hands. In fact sometimes he himself does quite a bit of work, and does not just supervise.
What I dont like -
  • If your not there at the end to inspect properly some small details may have been missed out.
Pricing -
  • On the higher side, but IMO totally worth it. Cars like the Accord cost rs.5500 for the full interior exterior detailing. Hatchbacks are around rs.3500.
Specialty/USP -
  • The person who runs it, Jehangir likes his work and has no problem in explaining every step, unlike some places where they arent interested in telling you anything.
  • Interestingly they use their own products which have been developed by Jehangir a few years ago. He says these are as good as imported products, and after seeing my car today, I believe him. He even designed his own Dual Orbiter Polishing machine, which is quite a feat IMO and got the design patented.
Contact Information -

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th November 2011 at 22:51. Reason: Updated website as per post # 17.
Akshay1234 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2010, 13:06   #2
BHPian

Thanks for the details Akshay.
Any pics of your ride (before/after) ?

They have an address mentioned in the website. Thought if someone prefers that way - they should be able to do it at that address (not necessarily come down).
Old 29th October 2010, 10:21   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for sharing, Akshay. I've used Kamyo's services twice and would give it a 6 / 10 rating. Nothing wrong with their work, but the pricing is on the higher side for what they deliver. I've ended up much happier with Mazda Motors (Pervez) and Rhyme & Rhythm (Sachin).
Old 29th October 2010, 11:41   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing, Akshay. I've used Kamyo's services twice and would give it a 6 / 10 rating. Nothing wrong with their work, but the pricing is on the higher side for what they deliver. I've ended up much happier with Mazda Motors (Pervez) and Rhyme & Rhythm (Sachin).
I would rate it a bit higher than that maybe 7.5 or 8. Possible that their service has improved. Well next time I will try Pervez and see how it compares.
Old 8th November 2010, 12:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Got my Swift interior & exterior detailed from Kamyo and I am extremely satisfied with the outcome. Mr. Jehangir is extremely professional and the best part is that he not only explains in detail the entire process but also tells you why he is doing it and what would be the positive effects of it.

What I also appreciate is his honesty in telling you the outcome of the job. Mine being a silver car, I was told well in advance that a mirror finish is not what I will get in case I am expecting that as it is only possible on a dark colored car. My car now looks way brighter than it did before and the interiors immaculately clean.

I unfortunately cannot compare him with any other as I haven't tried Mazda Motors or Rhyme & Rhythm even though I was considering them in the beginning. All in all I am extremely happy and satisfied with the outcome for the price. Totally recommended.
Old 27th November 2010, 13:53   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Has his number changed? Mobile has been unreachable for weeks
Old 27th November 2010, 14:29   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Has his number changed? Mobile has been unreachable for weeks
I dont think so. I called him 2 weeks ago I think to ask for my Punto. Try the landline no given on their site.
Old 8th December 2010, 11:20   #8
BHPian

Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Thanks for the information,I called them.They have done an excellent job on my 2009 VW Passat.I would rate them 8.5 out of 10
Old 8th December 2010, 18:59   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Got 4 cars detailed interior and exterior: BMW,Altis,Fortuner and Superb

Probably the best at home service I've used. Although he does take his time, almost an entire day per car, the job is good.
The steam treatment makes a lot of difference to the leather. He does not use any branded products, most are his local formulations. They look good for now, only time will tell if it lasts as long.
The Altis had some small paint spots all over for which he charged 1000 extra for sanding more. Another glitch was my bonnet release lever in the Skoda landed up with a broken socket during the process. A close supervision on the job to operate certain parts of the car is advised.

Jehangir has great passion for his work. Would recommend him to anyone that prefers doorstep convenience.
Old 12th January 2011, 09:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Got my Octavia done yesterday and quite liked the outcome. i was planning a complete paint job but have now postponed it by another 6 months at least
Old 20th April 2011, 18:48   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Friend made a cig ash stain in my Merc's A pillar upholstery. Called Jehangir. He knew what he was talking about when we spoke on the phone. He's coming day after tomorrow to do an interior detailing. Will keep this thread updated.
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:01   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the interior detailing done. Took nearly 3 hours. Good job. Very good.

Unfortunately, the cig had burnt the fabric on the A pillar and not much could be done. Jehangir did manage to reduce the darkness by 90% though.

Cost 2500/-

Overall i'm a satisfied customer and will go again to him.
Old 16th July 2011, 20:28   #13
Team-BHP Support

Just got the car detailed for the first time since I wrote the review.

Its been 8 months, and the car had picked up a lot of swirls. There was repairs in my previous building, so lots of dust flying around. The interior too had got a bit dirty. I called Jehangir and fixed up for today, there were at it from 1130 till 630.

And man, the car needs to be seen now. 10/10 !! GTO you need to try them again, your rating of 6/10 will go up a few notches.

Jehangir has formulated a new glaze of his own which he was using for one of the first times. It is only for dark cars and the results are mindblowing. To be honest I've not seen my car this shiny from the outside ever.

He sent me a small pdf of some pics he took today, have a look at it

It got too dark to take proper pics, so I will take them tomorrow.

BTW can the mods update the first post, the new website is -
Car Polishing in Mumbai, Car Polishing in India, Carpet Shampooing for Cars in India, Fleet Detailing in Mumbai, Car Seat Cleaning in India, Car Washing for Fleet of Cars, Continuous Round the clock Car Cleaning Services, Carpet Cleaning for Cars in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Accord (16-07-2011).pdf (1.24 MB, 1836 views)
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 16:54   #14
BHPian

Based on recommendations on this forum, I got Jehangir to detail my RS and the Ritz. An astounding super job, he has done. The RS looks as if I have just driven it out of a showroom and the Ritz even better than when I had purchased it about 5 months ago. What I particularly liked:

1. Punctuality. He said he would come to my place at 9am and he was there at 9.
2. No mess. They clean up the garage/workplace, once the job is done.
3. No bargaining or quoting higher prices if you have an exotic. I like that.
4. Professional attitude. The Ritz received as thorough a clean-up as the RS although it was almost new.

Recommend highly.
Bomi
Old 21st November 2011, 21:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

After debating where to send the A4 to be detailed, after speaking to akshay i called jehangir and im glad i did. his guys did a fabulous job not missing out anything at all.

the seats were a bit dirty and now they look cleaner than ever.

will definitely recommend him to any one.

rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks