Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2016, 16:04   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)

Got my S-class and Altis detailed this month. Was satisfied with the service. I have the 3m PPF film on the bumpers and mirrors, they were polished without any issue but it is better to make the guys aware of the same so they don't sand it. Although pricing is quite steep especially for dark colors where he charges extra. His annual packages could be cost effective but they don't make much sense as he isn't flexible on changing the one car per package.
Found some spots uncleaned on the S interior and Jehangir promptly sent the team back the next day to resolve the issue.

I'll let the pictures do the talking
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img_4986.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img_4995-copy.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img_4996.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img_4997.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img_4998.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img_5056.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img_1014.png  

Last edited by Sahil : 30th March 2016 at 16:07.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 16:22   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
In Mumbai how does one decide between Kamyo & 3M esp for high end vehicles ?

Thanks
I have been using Kamyo's services for a couple of years now and recently tried out the services of 3M.

I got my black Polo 1.6 detailed at 3M SEEPZ, Andheri around 08 months ago and the outcome was fantastic but they ended up damaging one of my A/C vents which they did not compensate me for. The vent costed my Rs. 1000. Last week I again tried 3M at Borivali West for my white Skoda Yeti but was not satisfied with the outcome.

I have come to a conclusion that I will stick to the services of Kamyo. The reason being that even though 3M products are good, their use varies at different outlets. Also, since at 3M they work on multiple cars, they do not have the eye for detail that Jehangir and team have at Kamyo for the job since they work on only your car.
Epic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 17:42   #123
BHPian

I used Kamyo's service for my 5 year old White Honda City with leather upholstery on 2nd April 2016 for the first time. It was through a Google search that I found them and decided to take my chances. The Beige seats & fabric lining on the sides had soiled due to usage and I wanted an interior cleaning. Jehangir convinced me to do both and I went for it. Charges were Rs 5500 for the interior + Exterior. The guys arrived by 2.30 pm after completing a job in Kandivili. There were 4 of them and they really worked hard. Finished their job by 6.30 and I was really impressed with the results. The car looked different and everyone in the family appreciated the 'new look'. Unfortunately I didnot take any pictures. I do agree with others with respect to costs. The 5500 does seem a bit steep.
Old 19th April 2016, 03:42   #124
BHPian

Ok so i got my polo GT carbon steel early Feb 2016. First week of April, i got vandalized while the car was parked in my building compound. Some delinquent keyed the area near the petrol lid, some fancy scribbling.

It was not very deep so i figured ill take care of it next week.

2 days later the cretin wasnt satisfied so he keyed the bonnet and the driver side fender and i could see white... the scary white that says "clear coat breached... going to defcon 2"

Ran my nail through it and i wasnt sure if it was a clear coat breach, but i decided to get in some professional help, and since this is a thread talking about Kamyo so ill keep it short.

And for the record I have no affiliation with Jehangir and not even met him in person, so even if this review seems all "bromance" its not. Im only stating my experience.

So

option 1. WV= they need to repaint.
option 2. 3M Worli= Dont think we can remove the scratches but we can protect the rest of the car
option 3. Local paint shop= "Zero number ka paper sey try kartey hain, par mai guarantee nahi de sakta"

Finally found this thread and seeing that Sahil could trust these guys with his S Class, i thought i should call Kamyo

My call was picked up by Jehangir who ran me through the "does your nail get stuck in the scratch" test and i wasnt very sure. So he asked me to send him some pictures if possible and was honest enough to say that unless they do a inspection that he cant guarantee anything.

This was the first provider that talked about a clay bar, wet sanding, polishing compound and a sealant, something that none of the others I had talked to even discussed, and that gave me a way lot more confidence.

I was willing to drive to Tardeo as its pretty close to my place, but since his is a mobile team and the guys who work on your car wont be in his office, he agreed to try and send them over in a few days.

Next morning, I guess i was lucky, He managed to schedule a spot for me.

One of his guys calls me and i ask him if hes found the place and lo and behold as i see from my window i see two of them examining my car.

I went down and then they said that 2 of their team would be joining shortly as they went out to have tea.

First issue. They didnt have a water pipe long enough to reach my place ( third floor) so i asked my ground floor neighbour to help out.

They had electrical wire that went up to my place, so that wasnt a problem

First shortcoming that i felt at that moment was that a proper car wash with a pressure cleaner would have been better then they storing water in plastic bins and then cleaning the car with microfibre towels.

I asked the main guy about this and he told me not to worry and that it wont cause any degradation in the final outcome.

15 minutes the other 2 guys come back and start with the tyres cleaning them with brushes and some soapy solution.

Next thought that came to mind was..."Didnt Jehangir say he uses branded products like Meguiars etc?" these guys had regular unmarked bottles, so i wasnt sure what they were using.

Called up Jehangir and he told me that he imports the product in bulk and its transferred to smaller bottles that are easy to handle and use. He even offered to send me pics of his commercial sized packages of the product, but i declined as he seemed really genuine.

So once they cleaned the tyres, they wet sanded the scratch marks with what i guess was 2000 grit paper.

After that they used some kind of compound, the guy doing it didnt know if its rubbing compound or polishing compound, not that i really care as he seemed to know what he was doing.

Next they polished the car with a rotary buffing machine.

That done they shampooed the car, with a really thin soapy liquid, so it wasnt like a foam wash.

Post that they applied the sealant with some kind of machine that wasnt a rotary machine and the piece in contact with the car seemed to kinda vibrate and bounce around, no idea what that was, but dont flame me im a newbie

and then hand wiped the whole car.

Applied tyre polish and another polish/protective coating to all external plastics

To be frank all i cared was about the scratches.

Both gone!!! Even the real deep one that 3M and WV didnt have the confidence to remove

That alone got me ecstatic, bonus, all little swirl marks caused by car washer guy gone as well.

Final verdict, my 6 year old saying "papa, the car is looking even more shiny then when we bought it home"

That was my emotional review.

Now for the logical one

Pros:
1. 4 guys working on your car while you can inspect them all the time
2. You can get them to rework any patches you want any number of times, they are really friendly
3. I think i believe they use quality products. again i dont have a way to verify this, but ill take them at face value as they did a great job for me

Cons

1. You need a shaded area for them to work. Very difficult at my place unless i can get them come in at a precise hour
2. Water connection at the ground floor
3. I dont think that their electrical wire will go more than 5 floors, so get a neighbour to help out.

My verdict 8/10.

Again the 2 points that ive deducted are solely due to my shortcomings as my building doesnt have a shaded place and no water connection at the ground level.

If you can get past these shortcomings, Kamyo is a splendid car detailer and i will definitely be using them again.
nova9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 12:41   #125
Senior - BHPian

So I used the services of Kamyo again and this time for a different purpose - Glass Polishing!!

So my Skoda Yeti had these hard water marks on the front wind shield and I did a a lot of research online to find out the solution to this problem. Surprisingly, even Windshield Experts and 3M did not have a solution to this. Online had many suggestions on applying lime, vinegar, etc but it worked with some and was unsuccessful with others.

So a quick call to Jehangir and he recommended the windshield polishing. His boys visited my place last Sunday and the job was finished with in an hour. The outcome? Fantastic!!! The windshield is absolutely clear with not a single spot on it. Cost for the same was 2.5k which is on the steeper side but I would give that benefit to the fact that it is done at your place at our convenience. I am just happy that the solution is permanent.
Old 10th September 2016, 11:43   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

The sunroof leaked. Again! The folks at home didn't tell me and when I saw after a month there was mould infestation.

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1473487763.361364.jpg

The Kamyo team is here, let's see their magic:

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1473487902.162490.jpg

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1473487922.498744.jpg

In all fairness, Jehangir has warned me that some fungus marks / stains will remain but will steam clean and eradicate the spores for sure.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 14:04   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

And it's done. A brilliant job. Well worth the 2k for three hours spent.

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1473496437.552083.jpg

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1473496457.786737.jpg

Sorry for poor quality pics.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 22:36   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
... I do agree with others with respect to costs. The 5500 does seem a bit steep.
Am not sure it's expensive for a sedan. I think i paid 4500/- (can't really recall it) for the guys @ Sakinaka for an interior + exterior detailing for a Palio. Ozone treatment was complimentary. A 1000/- for the sedan over the hatchback is well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
And it's done. A brilliant job. Well worth the 2k for three hours spent...
Oh man! The car looks showroom spec! Never seen a beige that clean. I am genuinely overwhelmed.

Does this guy work only at the client locations or does have some space to do the detailing?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th September 2016 at 22:43.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 23:06   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Does this guy work only at the client locations or does have some space to do the detailing?

Client location only as far as I know.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 10:27   #130
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Used Kamyo for the 530d's post-monsoon detailing. Got only the exterior detailing done as the interior was detailed at the time of the water leakage. Cost 8,050 with taxes (some extra charge because it's a dark colour).

Nice job. It's a month up and I must say that the shine is longer lasting than 3M or Navnit Motor's detailing. Will call Kamyo again . I'll give them an overall rating of 8.5 / 10. I think this is as good as it gets in Bombay; only the lucky Bangalore guys have access to 10/10 detailing.

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-img20161115wa0005.jpg
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 10:38   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Client location only as far as I know.
I think he had worked out a deal with someone for people who don't have their own location for detailing.

On another note - Just got the CLS, X3 and Yeti detailing done. Fabulous job as usual.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 06:04   #132
Senior - BHPian

With so many Bhpians happy mite as well try out Kamyo to get my cross detailed. How is the mode of payment, cash or card?
Old 20th December 2016, 19:21   #133
Senior - BHPian

So yet another super detailing job by Kamyo on my 2011 VW Polo 1.6 and 2015 VW Jetta TDI AT. A fantastic job like always!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-polo-bonnet.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-polo-rear-right.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-polo-wheel.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-polo-engine.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-polo-fuel-cap.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-jetta-bonnet.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-jetta-front-left.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-jetta-rear-left.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-jetta-wheel.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-jetta-full.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-jetta-interior-3d.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-jetta-interior-rear.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-jetta-engine.jpg  

Car Detailing - Kamyo Detailers (Mumbai)-jetta-polo.jpg  

Epic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 11:20   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
How is the mode of payment, cash or card?
I paid via cheque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
I think he had worked out a deal with someone for people who don't have their own location for detailing..
Yes they do. But it is much nicer to have it done in your own residence in case you intend to inspect the work periodically.

I had my wife's 2009 Honda City and my 2013 Camry done and they did a good job. The team (4 men) came around 8:45am and left around 5pm and from what I am told they never stopped working. Someone was always scrubbing, polishing, and cleaning the cars.

Other than a power socket for the vacuum cleaner and the polishing machine and a steady water supply (I am told they used 10-15 buckets of water per car) they don't need much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think this is as good as it gets in Bombay; only the lucky Bangalore guys have access to 10/10 detailing.
Yeah, I believe Bangalore is a much more demanding market. How I wish Bangalore Mod Vid6639 was in Mumbai to oversee the work on my cars. I am sure he would have caught a thing or two that I missed.

Last edited by navin : 10th January 2017 at 11:23.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 11:49   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing, Akshay. I've used Kamyo's services twice and would give it a 6 / 10 rating. Nothing wrong with their work, but the pricing is on the higher side for what they deliver. I've ended up much happier with Mazda Motors (Pervez) and Rhyme & Rhythm (Sachin).
@GTO: Any changes to your reccos these days? I want to get an interior / exterior detailing job done on my GT. Who would you send your 530d to for both?

Ideally, I'd like to send it to one place for both the interior and exterior jobs unless there's a compelling reason to use different chaps for each of these.

Thanks,
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks