Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2011, 22:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car Aircon: Unicool Car Aircon, Ghatkopar (W)

Unicool Car Aircon
Proprietor: Anis Mulla

D-3, Ghatkopar Industrial Estate, Ghatkopar(W), Behind R-Mall

Place:
Decently spacious place capable of accomodating 4 big cars in one line for service, maintained pretty neat and clean with space around for standing vehicles in the industrial complex. I feel that one does not feel the need to ever look at road-side workshops.

Services offered:
- Complete Aircon Retrofit in any car
- Rear Aircon Retrofit in any car
- Regular and Periodic Aircon Servicing
- Servicing Any issues related to Aircon

Rates:
- Rs 18000/- for Sanden rear aircon retro-fitting inclusive of parts, labour and aircon service

What I like:
- Anisbhai's down to earth humble attitude, treatment to each customer with a personal touch, highly knowledgeable on aircon systems through training, self-learning though many years and through avid reading of techinical books and web material on aircon systems (as I learnt from discussions with him)
- Technicians seemed pretty knowledeable for their jobs, uptodate in uniform, highly well-behaved, ready to listen to your suggestions, corrections in work (I have observed not many workmen like to meddle with their work)
- Parts availability with small parts stocked pretty well in decent stock-room up in attic and bigger parts ready to order quickly

What I don't like:
- Nothing as yet

www.unicool.co.in
E-mail: anis@unicool.co.in

What work I have done here:
Sanden rear aircon retro-fitting for my Innova done pretty meticulously as per timelines by staying back extra hours of the day wihtout hurrying and compromising quality of the work.
The complete (picturesque) log of the same is available in my thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...o-fitting.html
parsh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2011, 23:46   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Re: Car Aircon: Unicool Car Aircon, Ghatkopar (W)

Anis bhai takes care of aircon systems in all our cars (out of warranty). Just got the Octy AC fixed yesterday. Nice chap.
Akki_5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great to hear that. Hope other TBHPians benefit from knowing about the place.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:47   #4
BHPian

The big fan of my Octy vRS had stopped working. Autobahn gave an estimate of Rs. 12500 + 850 labour charges (see attached). To me, it intutively sounded exhorbitant. So I declined to have the repair done by them and looked up this forum, where I came across Unicool.
Drove down to Ghatkopar last Saturday and Anisbhai immediately had the fan checked to confirm if the fan itself or some fuse had blown. Having confirmed that the fan was kaput, he gave me an estimate of Rs. 3500 for the fan + Rs. 300 labour. I agreed to have the work done by Anisbhai.
Now comes the interesting part - I had reached his workshop around 11am and he initially told me to pick up the car at 2pm. I was fine with that but then he asked me where I lived, which was about an hours drive away from his workshop (thanks to the maddening traffic on LBS Marg). When he came to know of that, he suggested that I wait for an hour and he would have the job done immediately, to save me the hassle of commuting back and forth. The job was completed impeccably in 1 hours time and I drove out completely satisfied.

Kudos to Anisbhai for superlative service at reasonable cost. Very difficult to come by these days. Thanks to Parsh to recommending him.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Estimate.xls (27.0 KB, 923 views)
Bomi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:45   #5
BHPian

Hi All,

Was facing a AC compressor Noise Issue from my chevy Spark. Originally posted here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3057399
On Recommendation from other T-BHPians ( Bomi) went to Unicool, Ghatkopar- and got the car inspected by Anees Bhai. He diagnosed it as a compressor issue. ( inside the ac compressor). Got a quote for Compressor Overhaul of 5K with service, and 10k in case compressor needed to be replaced. GM had given me quote of New compressor of 18K!
Needed the car the same day- hence was told by aneesbhai to come early and preferably would overhaul the compressor in my presence so that in-case compressor was not repairable- new one can be installed the same day.

So I took a day off from work and reached Unicool subsequently, and work was done in an efficient manner and compressor was repaired the same day- more details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3073285

Aneesbhai overlooked the entire process and was very helpful. Been very helpful to have this thread here and I thank all members for correct guidance and references.

Sudipt
Old 23rd March 2013, 22:24   #6
BHPian

I was facing a small problem with one of the AC vents not blowing air properly, and also a small issue with the AC not cooling in the hot sun. (Skoda Laura)

Experienced good and fast service. He filled gas and cleared the vents for 500 bucks. However after the service, the airbag light came on - although the work did not involve opening the dashboard or interfering with any other airbag related component. He had a VAG-COM scanner, and using that he cleared the error. (01217 Side airbag igniter, driver's side-N199. Sporadic: Value of resistance too small)

Car Aircon: Unicool Car Aircon, Ghatkopar (W)-20130323_202024.jpg
EagleEye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 12:30   #7
BHPian

My Chevrolet Optra Magnum (Diesel) was not cooling and was blowing warm air. So I decided to take it to Unicool after reading about it on Team-BHp. I was impressed with the setup of the place because I have never seen an Aircon repair shop in Mumbai which is so professional according to Indian Standards.

They took the car in and after a couple of checks told me that the compressor had collapsed. They gave me two options a refurbished one or a new one in order to save lot of money I went ahead with the refurbished one and was happy about it.

After a couple of days the same problem occurred so I headed back to the shop. After checking the car they told me that the compressor had collapsed again. The owner Anis Bhai came to me and told me that he was sorry that he gave me an option of a refurbished compressor and that I should go ahead with a new one and he will not charge me for labour and Gas but I will have to pay him the difference between the refurbished and the new one which was a fair deal.

Now I am happy with my cars air conditioner and would recommend Unicool to all my friends in Mumbai.
Angad_kalra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 12:41   #8
BHPian

Pictures my car in the workshop.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Aircon: Unicool Car Aircon, Ghatkopar (W)-20130805_121551_resized_1.jpg  

Car Aircon: Unicool Car Aircon, Ghatkopar (W)-20130805_121535_resized_1.jpg  

Angad_kalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 19:55   #9
BHPian

Parsh, thank you so much for sharing this gem of a place.
Anees bhai and his team know exactly what they are doing and don't try to oversell you on anything.
My 2007 AT Civic was due for an Aircon job and I've never done anything like this outside an ASS setup.
100% satisfied with the job done which included checking of coil, leaks and filling up gas. Would highly recommend them!
Memphis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 23:22   #10
BHPian

I was searching for a good place to get our Safari's aircon serviced too; will definitely drop in there and check them out. Thanks a lot for bumping this thread Memphis!
Old 12th June 2015, 10:31   #11
BHPian

My pleasure Turbo. More than a month since I had this done. Climate control works perfect. My A/C works well even at 27 degrees in Mumbai heat. Will definitely get my Swift done here in a while too.
Old 13th June 2015, 12:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angad_kalra View Post
The owner Anis Bhai came to me and told me that he was sorry that he gave me an option of a refurbished compressor and that I should go ahead with a new one and he will not charge me for labour and Gas but I will have to pay him the difference between the refurbished and the new one which was a fair deal.

Now I am happy with my cars air conditioner and would recommend Unicool to all my friends in Mumbai.
I think this piece of advice & experience came in handy for me in March 2014!

A long overdue writeup of my experience and hopefully might help someone to pay more attention to car ac.

My civic's aircon was acting up, but I ignored it during the cooler months dec-jan as it was giving adequate cool air and was hardly called upon to really cool down the car.
End-Feb and as temperatures went up, the cars ac also started acting up. It would take a long time to cool and even a small stop at lights of 30 seconds or so and it would throw out hot air. I was super busy at work and so ignored it. One fine day it just gave up and only blew out hot air.

Since Unicool was recommended here and it was hardly 2 mins drive from my office, I called up and spoke to Anis bhai who asked me to bring it over immediately. I left my car there and returned to work and went back to see whats up only in the evening. The compressor was kaput and had leaked oil through the entire cooling system. They were still draining it out when I reached there.
Anis bhai gave me same two options of a used/refurbished compressor and a new one, but told me he would only recommend a new one as used ones have caused issues within a couple of months. I went for the new option, left the car overnight and picked it up the next day. Its been over an year now and no problems whatsoever with the car AC unit. He gave a bill for all work done and payment was via online transfer.

I would recommend Unicool any time. I've found it a very professional setup, with good work done and value for the money paid.
Old 21st June 2015, 23:40   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Had A/C water leakage problem in my Palio 1.6 GTX and thought I'll take it to the expert and since the reviews were great about Unicool, gave it a shot.

First Impression: Gave two calls on Friday and the calls went un-answered. An hour or so, got the call back and was happy about it.

Took the car on Saturday to Anis Bhai and the below issues listed.

1. A/C Water leakage from behind/under the centre console, above the dead pedal.
2. A/C in-efficient during long drives & hot afternoons, but chills so well during short runs, mornings & evenings.
3. Any rust issues to be taken care of

Anis Bhai sat in the car, asked some details and found out

1. Thermostat NOT kicking in
2. Stage 1 fan NOT working, but Stage 2 fan directly kicks in within 5 seconds of starting the A/C.
3. Told, he can try fixing the electrical issues too (most of the left side lights were NOT working).

The estimated delivered time was Sunday as he had to remove the dashboard to fix the leak and possible rust problems.

Gave a call at 12 PM on Sunday and was told the work has been done and he just needs to test the A/C once. Got a call back again promptly and went to take delivery.

Anis Bhai confirmed that there was no rust issue and I was relieved. The A/C was working fine and the floor mats were clean (it was soaked with water the previous day) and the electrical issues were fixed too. Total damages - 6K for

1. Fan resistor
2. Thermostat
3. Dashboard dismantle/assembly and a complete A/C overhaul.
4. Electrical fixes (though minor) were NOT charged.

A thorough gentleman and a clean garage. And he has a lot of customers. Quite aware of team-bhp and his positive reviews here, down to earth still and understands the additional responsibility of providing consistent great & honest service.

A THUMBS UP from me for Anis Bhai & Unicool.

Additional Positives:
  • The garage is open on all 7 days of the week.
  • Accepts (credit) cards too!

Note :: I have his location details in WhatsApp if anyone needs it. Could ping me if you are in need. Some pics below. What you see is ONLY half of the garage. The other side can accommodate 2 more cars.

Car Aircon: Unicool Car Aircon, Ghatkopar (W)-wp_20150621_13_48_08_pro.jpg
Car Aircon: Unicool Car Aircon, Ghatkopar (W)-wp_20150621_13_48_20_pro.jpg
Car Aircon: Unicool Car Aircon, Ghatkopar (W)-wp_20150621_13_48_29_pro.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd June 2015 at 00:05.
Old 28th June 2015, 13:31   #14
BHPian

Got my i10 ac fixed there last month. Very professional and great job. Highly recommended.
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

Bad Experience!!

Hello everyone,

So based on all the positive reviews on this thread, I decided to give Unicool a try to solve the cooling issue on my 2010 Skoda Superb. The issue was that the aircon would cool when the car is in motion but stop cooling when the car was at idle.

Since I would be travelling from Mira Road to Ghatkopar which is almost 30 kms one way, I spoke to Mr. Anis in advance and fixed an appointment. The car reached him at 11 am in the morning and and after a couple of hours I received a call from Mr. Anis telling me that the control valve has failed and need to be replaced. I asked him if the compressor was fine and he informed me that since the oil in the compressor and condenser was clear there is no issue and it is only the control valve which had to be changed. The same would cost me Rs. 10300. I gave a go ahead. Once the work was complete, Mr. Anis informed me that the cooling was fine. My driver however as not convinced. I was told to use the car for a couple of days and report back.

I left for Shirdi the next day with the car and realised that the issue was not solved. On my return I informed Mr. Anis of the same and he tell me that the compressor needs to be changed which cost me around 60k. I was surprised by this diagnosis and asked him how could this be if you already check it and told me it is fine? He then said it could be that the control valve may be a defective part.

Since I had already put the car up for sale, I did not want to spend 60k on a brand new compressor so I asked him to give me a good used compressor. He said this would be arranged and it would cost me around 22k out of which he would adjust the 10.3k that I had already paid for the previous job. I had to tell him to first check the control valve and then decide accordingly. He was supposed to get back to me but no news till date. This was a month ago.

My car however has been sold and I obviously had to inform the customer about the aicon issue which lowered my selling price in addition to the 10.3k that I spent at Unicool for no reason.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks