Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2007, 11:05   #1
BHPian

New Accord... A Stunner

In the Past Many-a-times, Honda has shown that watever they do is "Bang-on-target" stuff, and the history has been repeated with the much awaited launch of "Honda Accord".
One Liner for this Beauty " What a Stunner!!!"
Didnt you wanted always that you wanted to drive a Merc Looks Honda with Luxurious interiors and a Vtec Engine. So Here you have it, The New Accord.

Exteriors :

Front:I had always loved the Front and was praying that they dont use the Current runing UK Version in India. My Prayers were answered, They have kept the Very Successful front Design, with the Old Grill replaced by the new "CIVIC Style" Floating Grill, A nice little upgrade with the Auto Cut Off function.

Side: Very little change, apart from a small chrome here and there

Wheels: Big change in the Alloys... while most of the buyers might get them changed, but they pretty much fit into both Decent as well as sporty category. Honda guys are surely getting what all things excite the indians...

Rear : The Part which has gone a major Makeover. If you remove the badge I dont think many people can differentiate it from a Merc C-Class. Very Nice change .. and takes its looks to another level.. and OOh I like that Vtech written all over it...

Interiors :

When Honda released CIVIC, they had taken the interiors to a different level, and many Car makers were fearing wat they will do with the new Accord. Their Worst fears have come true, with a good deal of work done by Honda Designers.

First thing you notice when you get into the driver's seat, is its nice Premium Quality Wooden & leather steering wheel. Absolutely Gorgeous..and that too with a 40mm telescoping capability...

Now, Please forgive me guys , as i really dont know if previous Accord had a progressive illumination LED.... But, I know this one has.. a good thing in the way it illuminates, from the time you open the door till you start the car and then switch off and close the door..Great work done...

The Audio System's diaplay has went a notch above , but I can't say the same with Quality of sound.. Bass effect has been increased.. but most people might end up with better speaker systems...

In Seats , The Leather Quality Has been upgraded

The Front Armrest has got a new Sliding Mechanism which improves the comfort experience and the Adjustments

Now, In colours... my opinion might differ... but according to me.. thank god.. they have done away with that brown colour...

I will be booking a Test Drive today.. and will come back with a review on the handling and Driving Pleasure part...

Apart from that.. this being my first Review... I might have missed many-a-things....so please add your views....
Old 10th January 2007, 11:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

WOW nice initial impression. If you are going for a test drive do click some pics...
Old 10th January 2007, 12:29   #3
elf
BANNED

Yes. Please do click & post some snaps of the exterior as well.
Old 10th January 2007, 13:40   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Except for the change in rear lights and a potential 6 speed gearbox (for the V6), I dont expect any other changes. The interiors have to be near identical.

The UK Accord you speak about is an entirely different car. No chance that front end would have made it here. What India has is the USA Accord.
Old 10th January 2007, 14:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

the link/pix
Honda Accord_landingpage
Old 10th January 2007, 17:02   #6
elf
BANNED

Here's the pic from jkdas' source:

I think it's much better than the existing back.

Last edited by elf : 10th January 2007 at 17:06.
Old 10th January 2007, 17:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, looks good. And as someone said, Merc-ish looks.
Honda seems to be doing everything right (as proved by the runaway success of NHC/Civic and now this), and coupled with its high brand equity here, it can get away with the premium they charge on their cars.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 10th January 2007 at 17:09.
Old 10th January 2007, 17:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

If that is how the car will look, then it is a stunner. The car has a rear now. WOW!
Old 10th January 2007, 20:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think the rear is much nicer then the current version, also another thing to watch out will be the LED-tail lamps. They should look really good at night!
Old 10th January 2007, 21:32   #10
BHPian

Wow it looks really good
Old 10th January 2007, 22:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the front end and the rear end, there is a new light catcher line as well running across the side skin panels from the front mudguard to the rear tail light. lending the car a longer look.
Old 11th January 2007, 02:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Heres some more pics of the forth coming accord.

Old 11th January 2007, 08:33   #13
BHPian

New Honda Accord

Official details...

Honda Car India: Honda Accord

Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. :: Press Releases

Look at the color options! No colors, just shades of greys and silver!

Honda Accord: Colors

Mod Note: Please use edit function if reposting within 20 mins.

Last edited by Mpower : 11th January 2007 at 09:19.
Old 17th January 2007, 17:32   #14
BHPian

Fe

First hand from an owner of the new vehicle.. The automatic FE is around 6-7kmpl.. Quite surprising that Honda has not put its stamp of being a fuel efficient engine..

It is a stunning car indeed..
Old 17th January 2007, 18:12   #15
Team-BHP Support

I saw one today. It looks nice except for the small lights around the number plate. They look pretty bad in real.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks